Hi everyone, thanks a lot for all of your support when I wrote this last year! You can find the original thread here
For a quick reference, use Contents links to access the biggest sections or check the Q&A to see if your question is answered there. Alternatively, Ctr + F works wonders.
Oct 16 2013
Updated Futuroid Parts information. Added new permanent heart versions to uncraftable heart table. Reorganised Android heart sections. Updated permanent heart Q&A.
Sep 30 2013
Reorganised Android Appearance and Commands section. Added Android Speech videos. Updated remaining item tags in tables.
Sep 29 2013
Updated Current Android Events. Added Futuroid explanations and JMS competition link. Added Electronic Heart tradeability. Corrected Xenon information in Q&A.
Sep 23 2013
Added missing Android (Summeroid, Fantastical, Futuroid) and recipe images to tables. Added Futuroid parts and Android feelings image.
Sep 19 2013
Added Android and Heart images as links in tables. Added more Futuroid and Electronic Heart information and images. Added Superior Lidium Heart information (EMS only). Added "Become a BasilMarket Contributor to the Android Guide" section.
Sep 10 2013
Added new Q&A (why can't I equip my Android/heart?)
Sep 10 2013
Redesgined Android Beautician style option images. Added styles unobtainable from Lauren. Added Succubus image to special androids table. Updated Beaded Heart information for Succubus exception. Added Iron Heart Recipe availability.
Sep 05 2013
Revamped guide and table layout and section order. Updated current CS events. Added Succubus, Futuroid and Electronic Hearts. Turned Unleashed shop info into link. Updated nebulite information.
Aug 27 2013
Reorganised "Androids and Android Hearts" and "Special Androids" sections. Added Expiry column to Uncraftable Hearts table. Added "Coupons that do not work at the Android Beautician".
Aug 26 2013
Added new Q&A (will android's appearance change after trading with PSoK?)
Assistance with Futuroid information
Special android skin colour options
Princessroid appearance and Korean speech
7/12/13 Notice: This guide is being updated for some minor changes with RED (including scrolling recommendations with the awesome new shop!!). Work in progress, to be completed over the next few days
Futuroids are now available in the game!
• Futuroids require Electronic Hearts to operate which cost 3k NX and last 60 days, and cannot function with any other heart.
• You can obtain one by turning in 7 Futuroid Parts to Gaga who will then give you the choice of either Futuroid Male or Futuroid Female.
• Futuroid parts are available from the Cash Shop for 300 NX each (2.1k NX for entire set)
• You do not need the Electronic Heart to just make the Futuroid, but you must have one to activate it.
• The Electronic Heart voucher will give you a random heart when opened. See Special Hearts table for list of Electronic Heart types
• An interesting thing to note is the shades the male Futuroid wears. Since Androids do not have an eye accessory equip slot, you will not be able to cover this feature. If this matters to you, be mindful about which one you choose!
• Did you know... JMS had a competition to decide Futuroid's voiceovers? Scroll down that link and you'll be able to listen to the other nominated options (hit the Play button next to options 1 ~ 8). The voices chosen for Futuroid are option 2 ("Cool" voice) for males, and option 7 for females ("Tsundere" voice). I'm in loveeeeeeeeee
Welcome to the Maplestory Android Guide. Here you can find information on all things android for GMS, written by somebody who could spare a lot of time collecting useless info and compiling it all into a huge wall of text. Please feel free to leave questions, suggestions and feedback in the comments, or shoot me a PM if you're shy. Enjoy!
Androids are creepy robot dolls (ok, Nexon calls them "companions" ) of either gender that follow your character around. They were released with the Chaos: Age of Artisans update and basic types can be crafted with level 10 Smithing. They wear NX clothing, and NX clothing only, with slots for Helm, Gloves, Mantle, Top, Bottom, Shoes and Face.
To access the Android tab, open your Equipment tab (default hotkey E) and click on the tab at the top for Android. It's next to the other tab for Pet equipment (and Haku, if you're a Kanna). You can change Android's clothes by dragging and dropping CS items onto the slots for Android's equipment.
: Maybe you should include a section on how to equip NX clothes on Androids because I couldn't figure it out for the longest time cause my Android tab was hidden
"Why bother with an Android?" I hear you scoff. The answer is basically, "Hearts."
Androids will only function with an Android Heart equipped. There are varying levels of hearts available, just as there are different types of Androids available. These hearts not only allow your Android to be seen, but also come with 0 - 8 scrollable slots depending on the heart and can be potentialed. Oooh yes, this is where damage gardening tools begin to take interest.
Regular and Deluxe Androids can be crafted with recipes. These recipes are one-time-use; you will need a recipe for each Android that you make. Both Regular and Deluxe types are freely tradeable until equip, after which Regular Androids become untradeable forever and Deluxe may be traded with Platinum Scissors of Karma. Aside from crafting, Regular types can also be obtained through Boy Android Coupon and Girl Android Coupon which grant one uncrafted Regular Android of the corresponding gender plus one time-limited Beaded Heart. No such coupon currently exists for Deluxe Androids.
The following is a list of craftable Androids, their stats and crafting requirements.
Special androids are non-craftable, available only from events and typically come in a coupon package with a special heart. These androids include:
|Android Type||Level Req||Rank||Obtained from||Tradeability|
|Princessoid||10||9||Cash Shop random rewards (Music Box, Fairy Vials, etc)||Freely tradeable until equip. After equip PSoK req.|
|Fantastical Android - Male||10||9||Cash Shop random rewards, Marvel Machine||Freely tradeable until equip. After equip PSoK req.|
|Fantastical Android - Female||10||9||Cash Shop random rewards, Marvel Machine||Freely tradeable until equip. After equip PSoK req.|
|Summeroid - Male||10||9||Cash Shop random rewards, Marvel Machine, Everyday Happytime in v.128||Freely tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable.|
|Summeroid - Female||10||9||Cash Shop random rewards, Marvel Machine, Everyday Happytime in v.128||Freely tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable.|
|Schooldroid - Male||10||9||Cash Shop (10 - 23 April 2013 and 21 August - 3 September 2013)||Untradeable|
|Schooldroid - Female||10||9||Cash Shop (10 - 23 April 2013 and 21 August - 3 September 2013)||Untradeable|
|Beryl-roid||10||9||6 July 2013 Hot Day reward||Untradeable|
|Succubus Android||10||9||Cash Shop (5 - 25 September 2013)||Freely tradeable until equip. After equip PSoK req.|
|Futuroid - Male||10||9||Collect parts to assemble (available from Cash Shop until 12 November 2013 for 300 NX each)||Movement is only possible within account|
|Futuroid - Female||10||9||Collect parts to assemble (available from Cash Shop until 12 November 2013 for 300 NX each)||Movement is only possible within account|
- I have not included Mesoranger androids as they were a time-limited android and currently do not exist in GMS. Please see Q&A for more information.
All hearts can be scrolled, enhanced, potentialed and have nebulite sockets created on them. See Scrolling and Upgrading Heart Stats for more information
• There are two categories of Android hearts: craftable and non-craftable.
• Hearts can be shared between Androids on the same character. That is, if you have two Androids but one heart, the heart will function for both (but you can equip only one Android at a time).
• Neither hearts nor Androids can be extracted or fused.
Like any other crafted item, any craftable hearts you make will have a chance of coming out with hidden potential too. The recipes for the hearts are permanent, but the crafted hearts themselves will have a 21 day time limit. You can remake hearts as many times as you like as long as you have the materials. Aside from being found in drops, recipes for craftable hearts can often be purchased during event Coin Shops (all heart recipes listed below were first available in the Legends Coin Shop apart from Silver and Lidium).
The following table lists craftable heart types, their stats and crafting information. Silver, Iron and Adamantium Hearts are freely tradeable; you may equip and trade them as often as you like until their 21-day duration is over. The rest of the craftable hearts come with an equip tradeblock.
|Heart Type||Level Req||Rank||Recipe Drops||Slots||Stats||Materials to Craft|
|Silver Heart||30||No rank||Legitly unavailable in GMS||0||60 W.DEF||Silver Heart Recipe x1 | Silver Plate x3 | Intermediate Abrasive x1 | Intermediate Item Crystal x4|
|Iron Heart||30||1||No drops; Legends Coin Shop (2011) only||1||60 W.DEF||Iron Heart Recipe x1 | Steel Plate x3 | Superior Abrasive x1 | Intermediate Item Crystal x4|
|Adamantium Heart||30||2||Thanatos, Horntail's Head B, Von Leon||2||60 W.DEF||Adamantium Heart Recipe x1 | Adamantium Plate x3 | Superior Abrasive x1 | Advanced Item Crystal x4|
|Gold Heart||30||3||Snowman, Crocky the Gatekeeper, Horntail's Head B||3||60 W.DEF||Gold Heart Recipe x1 | Gold Plate x3 | Superior Abrasive x1 | Advanced Item Crystal x4|
|Garnet Heart||30||4||Blood Reindeer, Horntail's Head B||4||60 W.DEF||Garnet Heart Recipe x1 | Garnet x3 | Superior Abrasive x1 | Superior Item Crystal x4|
|Crystal Heart||30||5||Shark, Grim Phantom Watch, Horntail's Head B||5||60 W.DEF||Crystal Heart Recipe x1 | LUK Crystal x3 | Superior Abrasive x1 | Superior Item Crystal x4|
|Lidium Heart||30||5||Legitly unavailable in GMS||7||MaxHP +50, STR +3, DEX +3, INT +3, LUK +3||Lidium Heart Recipe x1 | Lidium x3 | Confusion Fragment x2 | Superior Abrasive x1 | Philosopher's Stone x3|
Uncraftable hearts are usually available from cash shop reward boxes (like Magical Teapot, Philosopher's Books, etc), events, hot days or Cash Shop itself.
|Heart Type||Obtained from||Level Req||Rank||Tradeability||Slots||Stats||Expiry|
|Beaded Heart||Android coupons||10||No rank||Freely tradeable (except Succubus package Beaded Hearts)||1||60 W.DEF||30 days|
|New Gold Heart||Schooldroid packages||30||3||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||3||60 W.DEF, STR +1, DEX +1, INT +1, LUK +1||30 days|
|Superior Lidium Heart||EMS cash shop event boxes only||80||5||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||7||MaxHP +100, STR +3, DEX +3, INT +3, LUK +3||None|
|Beryl Heart||v.138 Unleashed Hot Day||30||5||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||5||60 W.DEF||None|
|Electronic Heart S-Series||Electronic Heart Vouchers||30||No rank||Freely tradeable||6||STR +4||60 days|
|Electronic Heart I-Series||Electronic Heart Vouchers||30||No rank||Freely tradeable||6||INT +4||60 days|
|Electronic Heart D-Series||Electronic Heart Vouchers||30||No rank||Freely tradeable||6||DEX +4||60 days|
|Electronic Heart L-Series||Electronic Heart Vouchers||30||No rank||Freely tradeable||6||LUK +4||60 days|
|Electronic Heart G-Series||Electronic Heart Vouchers||30||No rank||Freely tradeable||6||60 W.DEF||60 days|
|Electronic Heart O-Series||Electronic Heart Vouchers||30||No rank||Freely tradeable||8||MaxHP +100, STR +5, DEX +5, INT +5, LUK +5||60 days|
|Iron Heart - Permanent||Gachapon (16 October ~ 3 December 2013)||30||1||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||1||60 W.DEF||None|
|Adamantium Heart - Permanent||Gachapon (16 October ~ 3 December 2013)||30||2||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||2||60 W.DEF||None|
|Gold Heart - Permanent||Gachapon (16 October ~ 3 December 2013)||30||3||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||3||60 W.DEF||None|
|Garnet Heart - Permanent||Gachapon (16 October ~ 3 December 2013)||30||4||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||4||60 W.DEF||None|
|Crystal Heart - Permanent||Gachapon (16 October ~ 3 December 2013)||30||5||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||5||60 W.DEF||None|
|Lidium Heart - Permanent||Gachapon (16 October ~ 3 December 2013)||30||5||Tradeable until equip. After equip untradeable||7||MaxHP +50, STR +3, DEX +3, INT +3, LUK +3||None|
- Electronic Heart Vouchers may be purchased in the Cash Shop and redeeming the vouchers will result in one Electronic Heart type at random.
"Ranks" that you see on Androids determine which hearts can be equipped. Androids may equip hearts equal to or lower than their rank. Rank is an ascending scale, so the larger the number, the higher the android/heart rank. Rank 9 is the highest available.
For example, Beryl Heart is rank 5, so it is compatible with androids that are of equal or higher rank (5-9). Alternatively you could say, Princessroid is rank 9, so she can wear any heart that is ranked 1-9 (i.e. every heart).
Right now in GMS, the only androids with a rank lower than 5 are the regular androids, the ones named Android (F) and Android (M), which are both rank 3. Deluxe Androids are rank 8, and every other available android is rank 9. There is one exception however; although Futuroids are rank 9, they only function with Electronic Hearts and are not compatible with Beryl Hearts or any other heart.
Therefore, if you want to use a Beryl Heart for stats, you must equip any android except the regular types or Futuroid.
Hearts can be scrolled with any kind of scroll, whether it's 100% scrolls from NPCs or 60%s or GM scrolls (although unless you're that rich/insane, noone's going to spend hundreds of mils on a time-limited item). Chaos, Clean Slate, Innocence, Potential and Equip Enhancement scrolls also work. You can even go so far as to cube your Android Hearts, but again, clinically insane.
... Or so I wrote a year ago. Now that we have SHINY, LEGIT, PERMANENT HEARTS AVAILABLE, SCROLL TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT!
• You can also enhance, but enhancements treat hearts like non-weapon items (which is what they are), so you have a very low chance of adding any extra attack/magic attack to its low base. Random stat increases are minimal.
• Cubing is for the super-serious (read: not worth it) as all the currently available permanent hearts belong in the lowest potential tier.
• Hearts can be hammered, both with Cash Shop hammers and non-NX hammers.
• Nebulites may also be added once you make the necessary slot with an alien socket creator. Only nebulites that have the description "may be fitted on all equipment with an alien socket" can be used; weapon-specific or other armour-specific (such as shoes-only, hats-only, etc) nebulites will not work on a heart.
Event Coin Shops can be some of the godliest gifts to the average mapler... and even the 1337 players
NPC Gale's RED store sells most of your heart scrolling needs. All scrolls will work apart from the 2H m.att ones, which are glitched with hearts. Below is the list of scrolls and items recommended to use on permanent hearts for optimal results. Chaos Scrolls of any type are not recommended due to the potential for greater stat gain with other scrolls.
RED Coin Shop Items for Improving Stats:
• Evolution 1H / 2H ATT Scroll 50%: 8 ATT | Cost: 33 coins | Limit: None | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
• Evolution 1H M.ATT Scroll 50%: 8 M.ATT | Cost: 33 coins | Limit: None | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
• Clean Slate Scroll 10%: Restores one previously lost slot at a 10% success rate | Cost: 100 coins | Limit: 3 | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
• Innocence Scroll 60%: 60% chance of resetting an item to its pre-scrolled state | Cost: 100 coins | Limit: 1 | Expiry: 10 days
• Perfect Innocence Scroll 50%: 50% chance of resetting an item to its pre-scrolled state | Cost: 150 coins | Limit: 1 | Expiry: 10 days
• Lucky Day Scroll: Improves success rate of next scroll by 10% | Cost: 100 coins | Limit: 1 | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
• Protection Scroll: Protects the item from being destroyed one time | Cost: 100 coins | Limit: 5 | Movement within account only | Expiry: None
For freaks who want potential and enhancement extras:
• Epic Potential 50%: 50% chance of giving Epic potential to items ranked Rare or below | Cost: 45 coins | Limit: 5 | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
• Gold Awakening Stamp: 80% chance of adding 1 line of potential to 1L/2L items | Cost: 45 coins | Limit: 5 | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
• Master Craftsman's Cube: Resets existing potentials with a max result of Unique | Cost: 40 coins | Limit: 5 | Movement within account only | Expiry: 10 days
• Meister's Cube: Resets existing potentials with a max result of Legendary | Cost: 60 coins | Limit: 5 | Movement within account only | Expiry: 10 days
• Advanced Equip Enhancement Scroll: Enhances fully upgraded equipment. Item destroyed upon failure | Cost: 45 coins | Limit: 5 | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
• 2 Star Enhancement Scroll: 80% chance to enhance equipment by 2 ranks. Item destroyed upon failure | Cost: 75 coins | Limit: 3 | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
• 3 Star Enhancement Scroll: 60% chance to enhance equipment by 3 ranks. Item destroyed upon failure | Cost: 120 coins | Limit: 1 | Untradeable | Expiry: 10 days
(Limits apply per character, not account. Limits were reset 18 December. Expiry dates from time of purchase.)
Beryl/Gold Heart perfected result: 56 ATT/M.ATT
- Use 50% scrolls
- (optional) Innocence if very few scrolls land, then restart
- Hammer twice and repeat 50% scrolls
- Clean slate back slots where necessary and continue with 50% until perfect or you run out of coins
Lidium Heart perfected result: 72 ATT/M.ATT
Alternative with pre-existing pinnacle scrolls:
Beryl/Gold Heart perfected result: 63 attack/magic attack, 21 all stats
- Protect your heart
- Use 20% pinnacle scrolls, one protect per scroll
- Hammer and repeat until no slots left
- Slates and repeat
Lidium Heart perfected result: 81 attack/magic attack, 27 all stats
Exceptions - Scrolls that currently do not work on android hearts
• All Mu Gong's scrolls from dojo
• Unleashed Scroll for Two-Handed Weapon Magic ATT 50%
• Evolution Scroll for Two-Handed Weapon Magic ATT 50%
Kerning Square scrolls have been fixed! They now do work on all android hearts, but come on, you can do better than that.
September 5 Update: Past Events for Scrolling Beryl Hearts
The Unleashed events are over. From now on I will leave past coin shop information (starting from Beryl Heart release, since that is what this section is relevant for) in this guide but in link format to avoid clutter. They may be accessed below.
June 20 ~ September 3: Unleashed Coin Shop
Regular Androids will have Pale or Light skin and a random hair, hair colour, face and eye colour from a limited range of options upon equipping the heart.
Deluxe Androids select from the same pool of appearance options as Regular, but they also have a small chance of being born with special options (see Special Androids) as well as Pink skin, like special androids.
You can only use VIP/REG hair, VIP/REG hair colour, VIP/REG face (but not eye colour) and skin colour coupons to change your Android's appearance. There is an Android Beautician, Lauren, in the Heneseys Hair Salon who deals with all your Android beauty needs.
The following is a list of hairstyle and face options available from Lauren. She covers most GMS VIP/REG styles. For exceptions, see Unobtainable VIP/REG styles below.
For some reason, Lauren doesn't know how to dye Android hair brown. When Androids were first released, she had no option for black hair colour but that was changed a little while ago. Now the missing colour is brown. Your android can still be born with any hair colour though.
Click to enlarge
Unobtainable VIP and REG styles
Unavailable female VIP/REG hairstyles
Unavailable male VIP/REG hairstyles
Unavailable VIP/REG faces
Coupons and modifiers that do not work at the Android Beautician
• Tot's Know-How hairstyle coupon
• In-game hair coupons (eg. Bed Head Coupon (M), Pretty Girl Hair Coupon (F), etc)
• Random Beauty Coupons from Random Beauty Coupon Event
• One-time Cosmetic Lenses from the cash shop (any colour)
• Royal Hair/Face Coupon
• All-Stars Hair Coupon
Apart from Berylroid, Succubus and Futuroid, who only come in one default look, special androids each have a different selection of possible hair and faces to Regular androids, with most of them being Royal styles. They are born with either Pale, Light or Pink skin with randomised hair and eye colour. Below is a table comparing their differences; the styles listed are the pool they draw from. That is, you are guaranteed to get any one of these styles (exception being Deluxe, refer to notes underneath). The colours shown may not necessarily be what yours ends up with; I just wanted to make my guide colourful.
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Please note that:
• Deluxe Androids have been included in this table to show the special options they may be born with. Don't forget they still select from the same pool of generic looks as Regular androids (i.e what is available at the beautician). NB: I AM MISSING THE SPECIAL MALE DELUXE HAIR. THIS IRKS MY OCD TENDENCIES LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE. Any help would be greatly appreciated D:
• All special androids can still have their default looks changed at the salon, but keep in mind the options remain the same as for Regular androids (see above). If you choose to change your special android's royal hair/face, you cannot get it back!
• I have divided the face options into two columns. The one on the left (android-exclusive) means these are the very special faces you can only obtain via opening one of these androids and getting lucky. The right column shows other options the android may be born with, but these styles are also available from the beautician.
• Southperry user iAmFear has a different set of eyes listed for Schooldroid (F). The information I've included in my table are based on what I have seen and taken screenshots of. While 99% corresponds with iAmFear's pictures, I do not have evidence for one of the faces he lists, so I have not included it. He seems to have substituted the second Schooldroid (F) face on my list for another face. Anyone with screenshots of a Schooldroid with this face would be greatly appreciated! I have included a link to the thread with his pictures at the end of this guide for comparison.
For the most part, Androids will be staring blankly into space (if your Android has Angel Glow face like mine, their gazes look particularly dopey/deadbeat). Occasionally they will f1 and do the alert pose when you get hit. However, they also seem to show signs of affection for you at times:
♥ When you log in, exit from cash shop/MTS or change channels
Android will smile or wink. Special androids will do this and also talk to you in Korean (Japanese for Futuroids)
♥ When you level up
Android will either f6 you and say "Not bad!" in a little chat box above its head, or do sparkly eyes and say "Amazing!"
♥ When you die
Android will either cry and say "Noooo!" or do the whoa-whoa face and say "Master!". Or "Masteeer!" if it is a failure at spelling. Or if yours is completely apathetic and unconcerned with you, just continue staring off into nothing. Poor you.
♥ When your time-limited heart expires
Android will cry and say "I will miss you..." It will be the most heartbreaking 30 seconds of your life.
Special Androids (non-craftable types) can also speak. Click on them and they will give you encouragement (such as, "Master, FIGHTING!" ), advice ("Master, be careful!" ) and the like. There is one default male voiceover and one female voiceover in Korean for all special androids except Futuroids, who have a Japanese track for each gender.
Korean: Female Fantastical/Summeroid/Schooldroid and Princessroid, Beryl-roid, Succubus
Korean: Male Fantastical/Summeroid/Schooldroid
Japanese: Female Futuroid
Japanese: Male Futuroid
Lastly, you can also command your Android to make faces. The following is a list I've gathered and tested so far, feel free to add some more. All commands must be typed exactly as shown (ie. with the capital letter at the beginning) in order for it to show. You can type these commands into a sentence and it will work, as long as you have that capital letter. For example, typing "you suck Haha" or "Hoho I'm Santa" will both make your Android F2
As you might notice, some commands are just variants of the original (eg. Kiss is the actual command for smoochies face) but since people seem to prefer saying "Smoochies" as opposed to "Smooch", I've included the most common sayings as well.
|F2 ||Haha | Hoho|
|Queasy ||Yuck | Gross|
|Kissy face||Smooch | Smoochie | Smoochies | Kiss | Kissy|
|Googoo ||I love you|
|Sparkly eyes||Wow | Totally | Awesome | Yay|
Q: Can my Android wear regular equips?
A: No, Cash Shop items only. This includes tradeable Cash items, whether permanent or non-permanent. Remember that androids do not have a slot for eye accessories!
Q: How do I change my Android's appearance?
A: You can use VIP/REG hair, VIP/REG hair colour, VIP/REG face and skin colour coupons on your Android by speaking with the Android specialist located at Heneseys Hair Salon. There is no option for One-time Cosmetic Lenses at the beautician so you cannot change Android's eye colour.
Q: Will my Android's appearance change after trading it with a PSoK?
A: Nope. Your Android's appearance is set from the moment it is opened and trading it will not reset how it looks.
Q: Can I equip multiple Androids and/or hearts?
A: No, unless you are a Xenon. Your non-Xenon character currently only has one Android slot and one Heart slot available. You can, however, have multiple Androids and hearts in your inventory as they are not one-of-a-kind items. The second slot Xenon has, the Power Source, can equip an android heart in its place (but the Hybrid Heart cannot be equipped in the regular android heart slot).
Q: Why can't I equip my Android/heart?
A: Either you don't meet the level requirement for the android/heart/both, or one of the two items do not satisfy each other's rank requirements. This happens, for example, when you try to equip a regular type Android while you are wearing a Beryl Heart. Conversely, if you have the regular Android equipped first and then equip the higher rank heart, the Android will disappear from view even though both items are worn, and the heart's stats will not apply. In the case of Futuroids, they will only function with Electronic Hearts. Make sure you use suitable, compatible Androids and heart types.
Q: What are these Mesoranger Androids?
A: Mesoranger Androids were limited-time, event-only androids from the Mesoranger Entrance Exam event that was part of the V.121 Rise Against update in November 2012. As they had only a 30-day duration, Mesoranger Androids currently do not exist in GMS.
Q: After my Android Heart expires, will the stats be kept if I equip a new heart?
A: No. Each heart should be treated like a separate item. They all expire in 21 days (except Beryl Hearts which are permanent, New Gold Hearts which are 30 days duration and Electronic Hearts which last 60 days) and every time you replace them they will be clean. The stats do not "save" onto the Android itself.
Q: Can I extend the time limit on my crafted Hearts?
A: No. post2short
Q: Are permanent hearts legit? Where can I get one?
A: In 2012 "permanent" hearts were illegitly generated then duped by hackers, and though Nexon deleted most of them, there are still a few lying around. Not my call whether or not you choose to purchase these. The reason they do not have an expiry date is because they were not crafted, and thus had no crafting date to set a time limit from.
Other permanent hearts include Beryl Heart (from a previous hot day event so you can only buy from other people now) and permanent versions of Iron/Adamantium/Gold/Crystal/Garnet/Lidium hearts which are available from the Gachapon between 16 October and 3 December 2013.
Q: How do I tell the difference between legit and illegit permanent hearts?
A: These illegit ones tend to be Lidium Hearts. If there are still any illegit ones around, they are distinguishable from legit ones by their name. The illegitly permanent ones have the same name as their time-limited counterparts because they were generated before real permanent versions were released, while truly permanent ones available from Gachapon have the "Permanent" tag in their name, e.g. Lidium Heart - Permanent (excluding Beryl, of course).
Q: Help! I can't find Android Heart scrolls!
A: You should have read my guide dammit. Android Hearts can be scrolled with almost literally any kind of scroll. Whether it's 30% or 60%, Scroll for Claw for Attack or Scroll for Blunt Weapon for Accuracy, you name it. Chaos, Clean Slate, Innocence, Potential and Equip Enhancement scrolls also work.
Q: Which androids can wear Beryl Hearts?
A: points to Android Ranks section
EVERY ANDROID CURRENTLY IN GMS CAN EQUIP A BERYL HEART EXCEPT REGULAR ANDROIDS AND FUTUROIDS
Q: Why do people call them "berly" hearts?
A: They're stupid. Don't say berly or I'll hit you.
Q: Can I name my Androids?
A: Yes. You can buy an Android Naming Coupon from the Cash Shop for 1,200 NX.
Q: Why do you keep miscalling them "Princessroids"?
A: Out of habit. Their official name is Princessoid
Q: You're a no-life for writing this much on a topic barely anyone cares about.
A: You're right.
Become a BasilMarket Contributor to the Android Guide
Mrbasil has finally updated the feature of BasilMarket Contributors, which is awesome, because guides are here to share knowledge and part of our success is thanks to the support and contributions made by many of you. Significant contributions are rewarded with acknowledgment through this new feature at the guide author's discretion. Contributors are recognised by their IDs being displayed on the guide's sidebar, as well as having a "Guide Contributions" section in their BasilID.
Each guide author will do this their own way. For the Android Guide, I'm happy to list you in the sidebar if you can greatly help me with the things I am either currently working on or struggling to find solid information for. I'd love to see a collaborative effort for a lot of them so don't be scared to contribute!
Below is a constantly updated list of things I'm working on or ideas for the guide; thoughts and feedback are very welcome in the guide comments. If you can give me detailed answers to any of the dot points here, you (and whoever you work together with) will most definitely deserve a place as a Contributor and I will squash you with a big fat hug.
Information I would trade 36% of my soul for
• The special, Deluxe-only hairstyle that Male Deluxe Androids can be born with.
At the moment, I am trying my best to gather Deluxe (M) androids through crafting, buying from other players and screen-shotting existing ones. So far I have had no luck in finding a male equivalent of the special hair Deluxe Female can have (Lillin's hair). It may be entirely possible that it doesn't even exist, so...
Information that may require copious amounts of NX
• Whether by using REG hairstyle coupons, the hairstyles I listed as "unobtainable at the beautician" can actually be obtained.
I'm considering going on REG coupon runs on my own androids until I land a hair previously listed as unobtainable. A part of me dies when I think about what a waste of NX this is, so if anyone has ever used a REG coupon and received a hairstyle that is not normally obtainable from Lauren, please let me know! You will receive the full credits for this!
• A complete (or very near-complete) list of every single NX hat that can completely hide an android's headgear.
So far, I have found a few: Panda Hat, Jet Black Head Scarf. Likely candidates are other hats that also cover most of the head the way these two do, so if you want to take this one on, that's where I would start. At the moment I'm testing all the free NX hats from the August makeover month, as well as tradeable NX equips since they can be bought with mesos rather than eat up $$$.
That's ok! Your support still means a ton. Even reading this guide will make me very happy as it makes this just a tiny bit less useless.