MapleStory Guide: Evan Quest Guide
Comments: 13, Likes: 1
Comments: 13, Likes: 1
ContentsIn this guide, you shall find information on all the Evan Quests, some small background info and information on past and current Evan events.
If you're looking for anything not listed above, you're looking at the wrong guide.
This guide will tell you where to go, what the level requirements are, what to get and much more information!, so you don't waste a good chunk of your time wondering where to go and what to do.
Some information may be slightly off due to the fact that the info is from kMST. If you have corrections for my guide, PM them to me and I will correct them and add you to the credits below
Other relevant Evan Guides;
Jumbojet777's Evan guide on "Taming the Dragon"
BBD's guide on General Info about Evans and recommended equips
Mir's Growth Rate & Skills Table
Let's get this started, shall we?
BIG, BIG, BIGGGGGG NOTE: Finish every (EVAN) quest you can to get the next one in the chain. Also, know that this guide will not go into the story of the Evan class or Skill Point/Ability Point Distribution (Use Jumbojet777's guide). That is something that you will have to figure out or find without my help.
Table of Content
• Level 1-9 Quests
• Level 10-12 Quests
• Level 13-17 Quests
• Level 18 Quest(s)
• Level 20 Quest(s)
• Level 28 Quest(s)
• Level 30 Quest(s)
• Level 32 Quest(s)
• Level 33 Quest(s)
• Level 34 Quest(s)
• Level 35 Quest(s)
• Level 36 Quest(s)
• Level 41 Quest(s)
• Level 42 Quest(s)
• Level 46 Quest(s)
• Level 50 Evan Event Quest
• Level 50 Mount Quest
• Level 51 Quest(s)
• Level 57 Quest(s)
• Level 60 Evan Event Quest
• Level 62 Quest(s)
• Level 67 Quest(s)
• Level 68 Quest(s)
• Level 70 Quest(s)
• Level 80 Quest(s)
• Things to come in this guide~
• Random Notes
Quests Lvl 1-9
If you hate quests then this may not be the class for you,
Log in to your character and you should be in a map with big voodoo statues and what-not. The music's kinda good though.
2.Follow the arrows for a bit until you come across a cut-scene.
3.Now aint that a sweet lookin' dragon? Walk towards it and click on its head (Or use your NPC Chat hotkey). The dragon tells you to remember this moment, and then you wake up in your cozy little farm house.
4.Now that you're out of your little dream, walk towards you door and jusOH WAIT. Your hand suddenly glows with a familiar symbolEh, whatever. Shrug it off and walk through the portal of your door.
5.Talk to your mom, at the bottom of the house, and she'll tell you to go talk to Utah. Currently, he's outside so just step outside.
6.Talk to Utah, who'll then tell you to give the dog nearby some dogfood. Take the bulldog food you get from Utah to the left. Feed it and then go back to Utah to complete the quest.
7. Talk to Utah once again, who'll then lower your hp and give you some food to eat (Exactly like Roger does on Maple Island). Open up your inventory and eat the food/potion, then proceed back into your house.
8. Your mom will ask you if you ate your breakfast well and then give you 1x hat, 5x delicious milk, and 5x delicious juice.
9.Put on your nice new straw hat and talk to your mom once again. She'll want you to bring some food to your father Grid. She then tells you that you can find him by going left from the house.
10.Go out of your house and go left two maps, taking the portal to the map Farm Capital. Talk to Grid and he'll ask you to kill some stumps and collect some wood. So, right after the dialogue, do a jump-down. There, collect 3 branches then go back to him.
11.You will get 1x Wooden chair, 15x Delicious Milk and 15x Delicious Juice upon completion of the quest.
12.Talk to your father again, get the quest, and walk to the top-left of the map. Go in the portal, and go up the pathway until you see the pig. Keep walking...Keep walking....Keep wal- OH SNAP! You fell into a pithole....Shame.. Watch the cut-scene, and you'll then find yourself in a familiar forest area.
13.Walk right until you find a giant blue egg. Click on it and you get another cut-scene. They just keep comin' and comin', don't they?
14.Congratulations ! You're now the official owner of a very suspicious egg ! Press your skill hotkey (Default K) and you should see your egg. By then, you should be back next to the pig NPC.
15.Go left now and go through the portal. Now go talk to Grid again to finish the quest.
16.Go back to your house, to the right, and talk to your mom. She'll give you 20x delicious milk and 20x delicious juice.
But I want some cookies, Mom
17.Now go outside and talk to Utah. He'll tell you to get him an egg. And luckily, there's a basket full of them to his right. Just double click the basket and turn in the quest. A popup will show up showing your egg in the incubator you just got (from finishing the quest). Press your skill hotkey to see it.
18.As of now, you should be around level 7(?). Talk to Utah once again who'll then ask you to go to your backyard. So, just go right and enter the portal. There, kill the foxes. Oh, you're going to want need to get your snail-shell throwing skill up. Get it to level 3 and then use it to kill 10 foxes. Finish the quest and you'll get 1x wand, 25x delicious milk, and 25x delicious juice.
I WANT MY COOKIES
Note : You won't be able to wield the wand yet, you're not a magician yet x]
19.Talk to Utah and he'll tell you to go back to Grid. Go talk to him >
Quests Lvl 10-12
Gee, wasn't that a fun 9/10 levels?
1. When you reach level 10, your egg hatches to reveal a cute little dragon! Say hi to your new companion-for-life, Mir
Awww, aren't you a cute little drag- OH GOSH, IT BUUURNNNNSS
2. You are now an official Evan-class character! Set up your stats (Which should have been reset), equips and skills.
3.Above your head should be a lightbulb, just double click it and you'll be talking to your dragon. (OF COURSE you have dialogue with your dragon. Pfft, how do you think you'd talk to him? Hand signs?)
4.It'll want you to go on and the kill 20 pigs that Grid wanted, so go ahead and do that. Go to the bottom left portal, take it, and kill some pigs. You'll probably want to set up magic missile; your Magic Claw equivalent.
5.After killing 30 pigs, finish your dragons quest by clicking on its quest bubble. Then go to Grid and tell him about your dragon.
6.He'll then tell you to go left and collect some hay. Just go up the ladder to your left and hit the hay until you have 3. Then click on Mir after you finish to feed him.
Nom Nom Nom!~
7.Mir will then ask you to collect some pork for him. Go to the bottom left portal, as you did before, and collect 10x pork. All pigs drop them.
8.After you finish, click on Mir again. Go talk to Grid and he'll ask you to milk the cow. Go through the bottom left portal of the map, go to the map with the pigs in it, then go to the top.
9.At the top of the map "A Trail 1", talk to the cow and get some milk. Then click on Mir to finish the quest. You'll get 1x First Stage SP and some exp. Yes, you get Skill points from quests.
Note : I cannot stress the IMPORTANCE of these quests. If you wish to max all your skills in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, you MUST do these quests
Quests Level 13-17
1. As of now, you should be level 13 and have completed every Evan quest that's been thrown at you. This means that you've followed every step I've given. If not, you've skipped a quest and you will not be able to move on. This is because the next quest requires that you've basically finished all of them.
2. A quest sign should be above Mir, click on it and you'll be talking to your dragon. Just go through the dialogue and you'll get some free exp.
3. After all that talking, go back to Grid, who'll tell you to look into the Strange Pig at the outskirts of the farm. Yeah, they named the strange pigs strange pigs.
4. You'll want to go to A trail 2, which is two maps to the left of where Grid is. (Bottom left portal twice)
5. But before any of this, you're going to want to click on Mir's popup lightbulb. He'll tell you that with his strength, you two could handle the problem. He then tells you to go and kill 20 strange pigs.
6. After you eliminate 20 strange pigs, talk to your dragon again through the lightbulb and you'll get 1x First Stage SP and some exp.
Note : that these points can only be used in the first stage of your dragon, hence the name.
7. Anyway, after that, go to Grid. He'll tell you to leave the farm, and to deliver a letter to Chief Stan in henesys. A map will show up above you indicating where henesys is, whatever.
8. In order to leave the farm, you'll need to go three maps to the left of where Grid is. Take to middle portal, and you'll be three maps to the right of henesys. Walk to the left until you reach henesys (Or use a a near-town scroll or Henesys scroll if you happened to get one off someone), you should know where you are. Near the maple admin should be Chief stan.
9. He'll ask you to collect 20 orange mushroom caps. Go one map right and one map to the top right of henesys and you'll find cynical mushrooms. Kill them and collect your caps.
10. Go back to Stan after you finish and he'll give you 1x Well-Behaved Child medal, 30x orange potions, 30x blue potions, and 1x First Stage SP.
Yeah, the Well-Behaved Child medal is the first Evan exclusive medal you can get. It just raises HP and MP by 50.
11. When you're level 14, which you should be at now, click on the lightbulb above Mir's head. After speaking to him, talk to Rina in henesys. Then click the lightbulb again, and then go talk to Chief Stan.
12. Chief Stan will give you a letter that you'll need to give to the henesys adventurer job trainer.
13. He's to the right of henesys, bottom right portal. Talk to him, and he'll want you to kill 50x cynical mushrooms. So take the top right portal on that map and fight them off. You'll get 20x orange potions, 20x blue potions, and some exp.
14. Go back to the trainer and he'll tell you to kill of 80x cynical mushrooms. Do so and go back to him. Then he'll ask you to kill 100x ?. You should find them in his little training ground. Turn it all in and you'll get 20x orange potions, 20x blue potions, 1x First Stage SP, and 1x training token/scroll.
15. After you get the training scroll, talk to the trainer again to get another quest. This one requires killing 150x ribbon pigs. I suggest doing this in conjunction with the nautilus port quests that also require killing pigs. It's not required, but it'll give you some extra exp. So go to the henesys mini-dungeon two maps right of henesys or Pig Beach and finish the quest.
Quests Lvl 18
Sick of quests yet? No? Alright then;
Quests Lvl 20
From now on, you'll experience that you won't get some quests when it says so in the guide. If you can not find the next quest on the list, and the level required isn't listed, just level up until you get it.
The Perion Guard medal will give you +80 hp and mp. And it looks cool in my opinion.
Note: I'm not exactly sure of where Christopher is located, I kind of forgot.
Item type: Dragon Hat
Int : +2
W.Def : +5
Item type: Dragon Pendant
Luk : +2
W.Def : +5
Item type: Dragon Wing Accessory
W.Def : +5
Quests Level 28
1.Get to level 28 and then talk to Sabitrama in Sleepywood. Next talk to Alex in Kerning (he's on top of the building that the Dark Lord is located in). Answer his questions in the order; 2nd, 3rd, 4st, 1st. Then go to JM in the Streets (Next to the KPQ npc). Talk to him and then collect 50 stirge wings. Go back to him and then go to Nella. Just talk to Nella and then return to Sabitrama. You'll get 1x Second Stage SP and some exp.
Quests Lvl 30
Mir (2nd Growth) has evolved into Mir (3rd Growth)!
Quests Lvl 32
Quests Lvl 33
Quests Lvl 34
Quests Lvl 35
Quests Lvl 36
Quests Lvl 41
Quests Lvl 42
Quests Lvl 46
Level 50 Evan Event Quest
Go talk to Cassandra to collect a special 60% scroll for your glasses which, if it passes, adds on +1 all stats to the glasses.
Level 50 Mount Quest
HighOnMushrooms: For the mount quest, you get a lightbulb at 50 from Grendal, then you talk to Mir. Then go to Grendal and he'll tell you to talk to FangBlade in the Perion Hall of Fame thing. He sends you to Aquarium to meet Kenta. Kenta wants 50 seal skin, 10m and 1 Serph's Pearl, a 100% tradeable drop from Serph. He gives you the saddle. Go back to the level 200 NPC and he'll give you the Monster Riding skill.(HighOnMushrooms from EllinForest.com)
Quests Lvl 51
Congratulations ! Your dragon evolved into a beastly-looking dragon! By now, you should be 51 from grinding and/or PQing.
Quests Lvl 57
Thanks to Skyenets for fixing this whole quest up.
Quests Lvl 60 Evan Event Quest
Quests Lvl 62
Quests Lvl 67
Credits to Skyenets
Quests Lvl 70
Congratulations! You've hit the level-equivalent of a 3rd Job Adventurer/Cygnus/Aran! Good work!
Quests Lvl 80; The final milestone
Don't forgot to get your special 30% scroll for your Dragon Glasses
Click on the lightbulb and Mir will give you a dragon scale. With the maker skill, you can create a medal for yourself with this scale. It should be in a special quest section.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE FINISHED ALL THE EVAN QUEST'S! -Hi-5- *Sniff*...No more storyline....*Sniff..*
Q. Can I skip some quests and still be able to continue on?
A. No, you must do the previous quest to continue on.
Q. If I have a quest to do at, say, Lvl 20, can I go past that lvl and still do it?
A. Yes, you can as long as you've done all the required quests before that.
Q. What are these Dragon glasses you speak of?
A. They are similar to the Aran rings; Get your Evan to a certain level(s) and claim your prize however, you get your clean +30 HP & MP 5 slot Dragon Glasses at Level 30. At level 50 & 60, you get a special 60% scroll that only works on your Dragon glasses. +1 to all stats if it passes. You get a special 30% scroll at level 80 & 100 that, if it succeeds, gives +1 w.atk and 2 m.atk. If all the scrolls pass, the end result is +2 all, 2 w.atk and 4 m.atk Dragon Glasses. Of course, seeing as the glasses have 5 slots clean and you only get 4 scrolls, you can either use a chaos scroll or an accessory scroll(?) on the last slot or just leave it.
This event lasts til May 4th, 2010.
This event has ended
Q. Evan Everyday Event? What's that?
A. It's like the Aran paper box event, stay online for 1 hour and you trade in the item to Cassandra to get a paper box except there are 2 different boxes this time; Evan's Paper box and Onyx Dragon's Treasure Box. To get the Treasure box, you must collect 7 unique pieces (Which are also tradeable which means they can be bought and/or sold) from the Paper box to acquire a Treasure box.
Of course, the Dragon's Treasure box gives better rewards, the Paper box only giving the 7 unique pieces or a Candy Twirl (Transforms you into an NPC for a limited amount of time).
You may also win some Offline Prizes and In-game Prizes from the paper box~
Offline Prizes & In-game Prizes
Event finishes on the 4th of May, 2010.
This event has ended
Q. Should I go regular Luk, Low-Luk or Lukless?
A. Don't ask me, read the guide I linked up there; http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStory-Guide-Evan-Taming-The-Dragon-286.html
Q. What equips should I buy and wear?
A. Again, don't ask me, read the guides I posted at the very top; http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/1451738/0/General_Information_about_Evan_and_Recommend_Equips.html#
Q. Apparently, there are these Evan-only medals, like those Combo King medals they had for Arans. What are these about?
A. Nexon decided to make an event where you collect "Evan Sweat Drops" from monsters and hand them into Cassandra to get a special medal.
The sweat drops are VERY common drops but you need ALOT for the higher level medals.
Q. OMG, EVANS SUUUUUCCCKKK!
A. Shut up, troll.
Things to come to this guide~
• Map Links
• Monsters Links
• Personal Tips on Quests
Updates (Latest update is at the top of the list)
June 10th 6:49 BT
Fixdd the Contents section so that its now linked to this Guide-thread instead of the old one.
May 22nd 2:16 BT
I forgot the time the guide was stickied so I might as well put it here
Put in Tofu-Tags and what not.
Mr B also said that I have to put credits into my updates section, not in a seperate Credits section , so I'm going to have to put all the ones in this update tab;
Verperia (Of EllinForest) for the information.
http://www.insoya.com also for the information.
Nexon/Wizet for creating/supporting Maplestory.
Mr Basil for creating Basilmarket in the first place x]
Big thanks to Andwoos for helping me with my content tags
Big thanks to Jone for continuously correcting quest details
Big thanks to SkyeNets for correcting/re-writing quests that are incorrect
Benben2006 - Incorrect Quest Detail
iiHasNoName - Incorrect Quest Detail
HyperRyan - Incorrect Quest Details
EpikDeath - Incorrect Quest Detail
Leyuu - Incorrect Quest Detail
DevisedAgony - Incorrect Quest Detail
IvanMesniaa - Incorrect Quest Detail
ImALowStr - Incorrect Quest Detail
May 7th 8:03 BT
Fixed and added some stuff here and there
April 19th 2:29 BT
Finally fixed the problem with editing my guide. The guide is fixed and the corrections have been added in.
April 8th 6:47 BT
Fixed a Quest and changed some stuff
April 7th 7:32 BT
Added and fixed some stuff
April 7th 6:25 BT
April 7th 2:34 BT
Fixed several quest details
April 7th 2:06 BT
Fixed a dozen tags with the help of Andwoos
April 7th 00:20 BT
Guide uploaded onto Basilmarket
Do not post/re-post this guide without my consent.
Full credit must be given if this guide is posted/re-posted with my permission otherwise you'll be in a big No-no.
PM me or comment below if you have any inquiries/questions
Help is still needed with some bits of this guide! Feel free to PM me with corrections and such~
The places where I put ? is where I don't know the name of an NPC. Help is gladly appreciated on those
I hope this guide has helped you with your quest-tastic class
All content on BasilMarket.com is Copyright 2005-2014 BasilMarket.com. Any use of BasilMarket.com content outside of BasilMarket.com is strictly forbidden.
Got any feedback?