Borderlands 2 is an action role-playing, first-person shooter video game developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and OS X in September 2012, PlayStation Vita in May 2014, and Linux in September 2014. It is the second game in the Borderland series and the sequel to 2009's Borderlands.
Borderlands 2 follows the story of four new Vault Hunters as they fight to free Pandora from the clutches of Handsome Jack, the brilliant, charismatic, and utterly despicable CEO of the Hyperion Corporation.
Players will fight across the whole of Pandora to stop Jack from awakening an ancient alien evil known only as "the Warrior." Their quest will bring them into contact with some familiar faces from the old game - most notably, the original four Vault Hunters: Roland, Lilith, Brick and Mordecai. They, along with some brand new characters, will help players defeat Jack, destroy the Warrior, and save Pandora.
- All-New Characters and Classes: Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that's your thing!
- Play Online with Friends: Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story: Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, Handsome Jack.
- New Badass Gun System: Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
- 87 Bazillion...Everything: It's not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields,grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
- Brand new environments: From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn!
- Brand new enemies: Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
- OS: Windows XP SP3
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB free
- Video Memory: 256 MB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 / ATI Radeon HD 2600
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and AMD CPU Drivers (XP Only/AMD Only)
- OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista/Win 7/Win 8
- Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad Core processor
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
- Video Memory: 512 MB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 c Compatible
- Windows XP SP3
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 GB available hard drive space
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- DirectX 9 Compliant Sound Card
- Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
- Intel Core i3, AMD FX, or better
- 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB available hard drive space
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 750, AMD Radeon R7 260X, AMD Radeon 7790, or better