bzl.co

Add a thread

My opinion of the "cool-down" rumor.

Mage Forum Talk about Magician

darklime Level 181 Windia I/L Arch Mage
Look, I don't know why people are saying Bishops/AMs don't deserve to spam their ultimate's. They're are not as good as other attackers on single-monsters, so they have their ultimate's. I for one love spamming blizzard. Yes, Chain Lightning and Ice Demon is also very fun, but all three make it extremely fun. Why are they putting a cool-down time for mages? Can't they just leave their ultimate's and increase CL and ID? And I still haven't seen proof for this either. My point is, we Bishops/AMs had to suffer because of all the other attackers, especially legends. I started hitting 5k at level 90 on fire monsters. LEVEL 90! And My Aran hit 11k at level 60. Now you're telling me we deserve a cool-down? Also, don't tell me about leeching because I don't care about it; I don't sell nor buy it. That's not my purpose with blizzard. And if Nexon is implementing the cool-down just to stop leech, it's a terrible idea because there are still gunna be BF leeches and whatnot. It won't work. I know a better way to fix leeching. Anyways, my point is that this is unnecessary and gives us a HUGE disadvantage towards damage and fun.
P.S. Don't tell me to "learn" to pick up my items that drop, because I [i]still[/i] do that & have been since level 1.
Posted: June 2010 Permalink
TwitterFacebook Replies: 114

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
They can spam it all they want nobody cares
Except theres nub mages who dont understand that just because they have them hekker ultimates doesnt mean they can ks
Now the mage class is being scr3wed over. Good work
Jun 19 2010
DarkQuill Level 200 Bera Shadower
What debuffs were that? 80 Second Slow? We have no idea how significant that is with the new formulas, besides, why would you go around the map and slow skeles?[/quote]
You're all hung up on debuffs.
There's more than debuffs and ultimate attacks to Magicians.

What is wrong with Mages all of a sudden? Inability to read?
If you can't help but complain and be abusive to others due to your own grief, then play another game, make another class, or better yet, play KMST and [i]see for yourself[/i].
Jun 19 2010
YumAlfredo Level 167 Scania Buccaneer
LOL... The mage class nerf is nothing compared to what Arans and Dual Blade's got hit with, did you even read the patch notes?
Aran's crit rate gets halved as well as their combo attacks getting lowered by alot.
And nearly every single one of Dual Blade's skills get more then halved in damage.
Mage class barely got touched in comparison.[/quote]

Half the crit rate/damage rate, but being able to hit the same monsters? When Genesis had a 2.7s cast time, meaning that their attack was essentially cut by 90%. You really don't realize how much a 30s cooldown is, lol. Especially considering Gen 30 is over a bil in mesos now, so Gen 20 being the realistic application with a cooldown of 40s.

And a lot of people are whining about how you can still level without Ultimates. Although this may be true for a Mage, which has Chain Lightning and Fire/Ice Demon and whatnot (awful, but not as bad as having nothing). Bishops really can only mob with Shining Ray...? Unless they want to add 30 points to Big Bang, only to reset it out later.
Jun 19 2010
Yeah, leave it to a few arrogant punks to cause everyone to complain and be biased which causes us to be screwed over game-play wise.

Thanks guys!

Maybe if I complain about attackers ksing me at bosses enough, I'll be able to get a cool-down on everyone else's skill!

@above, You're the one who brought debuffs into this, make up your mind please.

What do we have over other classes now?

1v1 damage? every class cept Bishops STILL BEAT US AT THIS.

Mobbing? The only class we can beat at mobbing now is Nightlords and Bowmasters.

Survivability? Bishops, Evans, and BattleMages

Support? Because SLOW AND MEDITATION ARE EXTREMELY USEFUL AT BOSSES AM I RITE GUYS?

I also find it funny you assume I haven't had access to the game client or people who play kMST.[/quote]
Look at you, kid, getting all upset and huffy.
Try reading my previous quote about debuffs. It's about what some other guy said.

You keep saying there's no clear indication of what the new damage formulas will be, but you're so dead-set certain that you'll be useless in 1v1, or against mobs, or anything else for that matter.
And yes, from the way you're carrying on like a spoilt child, I've good reason to believe you've not got access, or bothered to access, KMST.

Go hyperventialte, chill out, and just friggen calm down. Nexon decided to give you a present, and now they've decided to take it away. Sure, I get ya, it's stupid of them to do that, but there's a REASON for it, and until you and the rest of the Mages complaining about how "being a Mage is all about OHKOing the entire map" calm down, you'll never even have the concept of the new game-style settle in.

Play any other class. Play a non 4th job Mage. If you can't handle it, then just quit now. Whining and carrying on will not change anything. Accept the changes, or don't be a part of them, and move on.
Jun 19 2010
Look at you, kid, getting all upset and huffy.
Try reading my previous quote about debuffs. It's about what some other guy said.

You keep saying there's no clear indication of what the new damage formulas will be, but you're so dead-set certain that you'll be useless in 1v1, or against mobs, or anything else for that matter.
And yes, from the way you're carrying on like a spoilt child, I've good reason to believe you've not got access, or bothered to access, KMST.

Go hyperventialte, chill out, and just friggen calm down. Nexon decided to give you a present, and now they've decided to take it away. Sure, I get ya, it's stupid of them to do that, but there's a REASON for it, and until you and the rest of the Mages complaining about how "being a Mage is all about OHKOing the entire map" calm down, you'll never even have the concept of the new game-style settle in.

Play any other class. Play a non 4th job Mage. If you can't handle it, then just quit now. Whining and carrying on will not change anything. Accept the changes, or don't be a part of them, and move on.[/quote]

Instead of acting all superior you should try and understand that if a class you have been playing for years has the only good thing about taken away from them, that they'd be upset.

Shadowers, whether you want to admit or not, were going to be destroyed by Dual Bladers, sure there are differences between the classes, but the similarities far out number the differences. Nexon stepped in and saved your class but greatly reducing the damage of Dual Blading skill, and Nexon continues to boost the effectivness of Shadower-Bandit Skills.

As new Magician classes came out Archmages and Bishops always had one thing over them, spammable Ultimates, but now what do we have? Having a 122 Evan I know darn well the EQ is just as good as an Ultimate any day, and there single hit skills far out damage anything in an Adv Magician's arsenal. The Ultimates were bad for the game yes, but when that's the only thing you give a class to compete with, you have good reason to think it's unfair.
Jun 19 2010
This cooldown should have been implemented along with the 4th job patch...
Seriously in what game other than naruto can you just spam ultimate attacks.. kinda a reason why they're called ultimates
hell they put a cooldown on sanc T-T apparantlly Nexon was drunk only while making mages

Bishops arent losing out to other classes, they were given too much to start with = =
Jun 19 2010
LPfan1 Level 105 Bera Outlaw
**IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN QUIT.**
Jun 19 2010
Theres a difference when thats our main attack and the only thing our class has over others. They should of made us a 1v1 class, or a class like Evans, which neither is happening with this patch or 4th job patch, in our current situation, we are completely reliant on our Ultimates to even compete with other classes have to offer.[/quote]

You still have an ultimate that other classes dont have, and them other skills that nobody uses because genesis is overpowered
People arent going to stop playing bishop just because theres like a 40 second cooldown
Jun 19 2010
Instead of acting all superior you should try and understand that if a class you have been playing for years has the only good thing about taken away from them.[/quote]
His post didn't provide much, other than his extreme distaste. I did read it. I'm not acting superior either, I'm just telling him that flipping out will achieve nothing, and biting back at other users doesn't go without consequences.
Do not try the same thing youself. Again, I get that Mages are upset by this, but being testy with everyone else over it will, again, do nothing.
Whether or not I understand 100% down to hexidecimal code perfection of the differences between the new formulas is completely irrelevant. Besides, test servers are test servers for a reason. And even then, stuff is subject to change after release.

Once again, Mages should just accept it and move on, or play another game. It's not a fair descision, but it's not a hard one either.
Jun 19 2010
ArkadyDracul Level 202 Scania Paladin
People do know they are doing these skill 'reductions' because of the % based gear they are working on too right?
Jun 19 2010
Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.