MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Bowman 4th job skill quests

MapleStory Forums : Bowman : Bowman questions and answers

Aug 10 10
After being asked by numerous people on my buddy list about the 4th job skill quests, i decided to compile it all into a thread i could show to them.

Skills you acquire upon advancement

Once you acquire the 4th job advancement you acquire 3 skills. 4 if you count Maple Warrior.

For Bowmasters these include the skills:
Bow Expert
Hamstring
Sharp Eyes

For Marksmen these include the skills:
Marksman Boost
Blind
Sharp Eyes

Legor will also give you a Maple Warrior 10 book so there is no need to do a quest to get this skill.

Frostprey/Phoenix

Frostprey and Phoenix are the 2 summons of the archers, Marksmen get Frostprey and Bowmasters get Phoenix.
Frostprey

Frostprey is an essential skill of a Marksman. In my opinion it is probably the best skill that can be left at lvl 1. It is similar to Golden Eagle but hits 4 monsters with a freeze effect and does not require a summoning rock.

Step 1:
Speak to Yaku in Leafre, he is in the house directly to the left of the Honorable Rock and Gaga. He will tell you to go to Dangerous Cliff at El Nath.

Step 2:
Go to Dangerous Cliff at El Nath. You will have to enter a hidden map marked by an egg. Once inside poke the egg at the bottom of the room, a etc item will drop, pick it up.

Step 3:
Go back to Yaku, he will tell you to go to Sky Nest 1.

Step 4:
Once at Sky Nest 1 enter the portal at the top left of the map. Then drop the egg at the tippy top of that map and Frostprey will appear. Aggro it and use puppet, from there it should be a easy boss battle. Talk to Yaku again and enjoy your new summon!

Phoenix
Phoenix isn’t exactly a “key skill” for a Bowmaster, in fact a lot of Bowmasters like to use Silver Eagle, since Silver Eagles stuns and Phoenix doesn’t. But if the Big Bang patch arrives, Phoenix will be able to stun as well.

Step 1:
Speak to Kumo in Leafre, he is in the house at the top left. He will tell you to head over to Cave of trial 3.

Step 2:
Go to Cave of Trial 3, which is near Zakum’s altar at El Nath. You will have to enter a hidden map, once inside poke the egg in the room, a etc item will drop, pick it up.

Step 3:
Go back to Kumo, he will tell you to go Sky Nest 1.

Step 4:
Once at Sky Nest 1 enter the portal at the top left of the map. Then drop the egg at the tippy top of that map and Phoenix will appear. Aggro it and use puppet, from there it should be a easy boss battle. Talk to Kumo again and enjoy your new summon!

Hurricane/Pierce

Hurricane and Pierce are both extremely useful moves for Bowmasters and Marksmen.

Hurricane
Hurricane is a flashy skill that shoots arrows at 8.33 arrows in a second! Bowmasters defiantly make good use of this skill.

Step 1:
Talk to Legor. He will tell you to get a glove that drops from Kentauros of any color.

Step 2:
Go kill Kentauros of any color, I found the glove in 5 minutes of double drop so it shouldn’t take too long (unless I just got lucky).

Step 3:
Go talk to Athena Pierce, have fun with your new skill!

Pierce
Pierce is a great mob attack for Marksman, it requires some charge but it’s mad powerful!

Step 1:
Talk to Legor. He will tell you to get a glove that drops from Kentauros of any color.

Step 2:
Go kill Kentauros of any color, I found the glove in 5 minutes of double drop so it shouldn’t take too long (unless I just got lucky).

Step 3:
Go talk to Athena Pierce, have fun with your new skill!

Concentrate/Snipe

This is probably the most annoying quest I have ever done, but it was worth it. Be prepared to take many hours doing this.

Snipe
Snipe is a devastating move that will 1hko any normal monster and will do 200k damage to any boss.

Step 1:
Hunt for an Ancient Book from Sharks/Cold Sharks, this will take a painfully long time unless you are lucky or you just buy 1 for 10-20mil. Once you get it, talk to Librarian Wiz in Helios Tower.

Step 2:
Get 30 magic rocks, 10 pure waters and 50 ink bottles (an etc drop from Squids). Talk to Wiz again, he gives you a book.

Step 3:
Go talk the Athena Pierce in Henesys, she tells you to talk to Rene the 3rd job instructor.
S
tep 4:
Head over to El Nath and talk to Rene, she will tell you to talk to Shammos. Do so, and then talk to Rene again. She will tell you to talk to The Rememberer in Sleepywood.

Step 5:
Talk to the Rememberer in Sleepywood. He will tell to talk to Insignificant Being, who is at Another Entrance deep inside the Sleepywood Duengen.
Side note: Be sure to bring plenty of potions.

Step 6:
Talk to Insignificant Being, he will tell you to get 50 Dark Soul Rocks from the following: Tauromaci, Taurospear, Wild Kargo, and Jr.Balrogs. If you go back and forth on the 4 Tauromaci/spear maps it should take about 2.5 hours of searching to get all 50 Dark Soul Rocks.

Step 7: Talk Insignificant Being again, find a 4th job bowman friend, he/she can already have Snipe or Concentrate but it’s not required. Talk to Insignificant Being, go into the Bowman training ground. At the bottom there is 6 Jr.Balrogs that respawn, once you kill 300 you are done. Talk to Insignificant Being and enjoy Snipe.
Side note: Bring pots that fully heal hp (I suggest Cheeses)
Concentrate
This skill can came in handy if you don’t like running out of MP to quick, as a bonus you get some extra weapon attack as well.

Step 1:
Hunt for an Ancient Book from Sharks/Cold Sharks, this will take a painfully long time unless you are lucky or you just buy 1 for 10-20mil. Once you get it, talk to Librarian Wiz in Helios Tower.

Step 2:
Get 30 magic rocks, 10 pure waters and 50 ink bottles (an etc drop from Squids). Talk to Wiz again, he gives you a book.

Step 3:
Go talk the Athena Pierce in Henesys, she tells you to talk to Rene the 3rd job instructor.

Step 4:
Head over to El Nath and talk to Rene, she will tell you to talk to Shammos. Do so, and then talk to Rene again. She will tell you to talk to The Rememberer in Sleepywood.

Step 5:
Talk to the Rememberer in Sleepywood. He will tell to talk to Insignificant Being, who is at Another Entrance deep inside the Sleepywood Duengen.
Side note: Be sure to bring plenty of potions.

Step 6:
Talk to Insignificant Being, he will tell you to get 50 Dark Soul Rocks from the following: Tauromaci, Taurospear, Wild Kargo, and Jr.Balrogs. If you go back and forth on the 4 Tauromaci/spear maps it should take about 2.5 hours of searching to get all 50 Dark Soul Rocks.

Step 7: Talk Insignificant Being again, find a 4th job bowman friend, he/she can already have Snipe or Concentrate but it’s not required. Talk to Insignificant Being, go into the Bowman training ground. At the bottom there is 6 Jr.Balrogs that respawn, once you kill 300 you are done. Talk to Insignificant Being and enjoy Concentrate.
Side note: Bring something that fully heals hp (I suggest Cheeses)

Dragon's Breath

Dragon's Breath is an Archers form of the skill Rush, you shoot a somewhat weak arrow that knocksback multiple monsters. Both Bowmasters and Marksmen share this skill. You have to do an El Nath pq, which is an easy PQ if you can find the right party.

Step 1:
Find a Stanceless warrior. They have to have done all the prequests leading up to this PQ. A Stanceless warrior has to start the Pq. To find a Stanceless warrior willing to start the PQ you will probably have to pay them between 2mil and 10mil.

Step 2:
Find a Archmage or a Bishop. Archmages and Bishops get the skill Infinity from this Pq, but if they already have Infinity they can still do this Pq. You might have to pay this person as well
Side note: You do not need a Archmage or Bishop but they most definatly make the Pq much easier.

Step 3:
Form a party and get the warrior to talk to Tylus, the 3rd job instructor. You will enter a room where Tylus is standing in the middle, the objective is to protect him for the 7 minutes (I think thats the time) you are in there. Crimson Balrogs and Lynthacropes will appear you have to kill them or keep them away from Tylus. The Bishop/Archmage comes in handy because they can just use Genesis/Blizzard/Meteor and easily kill the Crimson Balrogs and Lynthacropes.
Side note: This Pq is very similar to the Henesys pq.

Step 4:
At 2:30 skillbooks will start to drop, Dragon's Breath is one of them. If you see a green dragon looking skill, pick it up. Use it and enjoy knocking monsters back.

Step 5:
If the warrior actually wants Stance, stay inside, if the warrior does not want it climb up the rope and leave.

That’s all the 4th job bowmen skills that you can receive from quests.

Mastery Books

In order to max out a skill, you will need Mastery Books. These consist of 20 and 30 Mastery books, to get a skill past lvl 10, you need to pass a 20 mastery book (70% success rate) and in order to get a skill past 20 you need to pass a 30 mastery book (50% success rate). You can either buy these or hunt them. I'm just going to tell you where to hunt them. This will just include Archer exclusive skills.

Sharp Eyes

Sharp Eyes 20:
Cold Sharks
Left Pianus
Furious Scarlion

Sharp Eyes 30
Right Pianus
Skelosauros

Bow Expert

Bow Expert 20
Memory Guardian

Bow Expert 30
Zakum 3rd Body

Marksman Boost

Marksman Boost 20
Memory Monk Trainee
Jr.Newtie
Papulatus

Marksman Boost 30
Zakum 3

Hamstring/Blind

Hamstring/Blind 20
Skelosauros

Hamstring/Blind 30
Griffey
Dodo (Hamstring only)

Frostprey/Phoenix

Frostprey/Phoenix 20
Griffey (Frostprey only)
Skelegon (Phoenix only)

Frostprey/Phoenix 30
Manon (Phoenix only)
Chief Memory Guardian (Frostprey only)

Hurricane/Pierce

Hurricane/Pierce 20
Skelegon (Pierce only)
Skelesauros (Pierce only)
Nest golem (Hurricane only)

Hurricane/Pierce 30
Papulatus
Lyka (Hurricane only)

Snipe/Concentrate

[i]Snipe/Concentrate 20[i]
Zakum 3rd Body

Snipe/Concentrate 30
Horntail's Head B

Dragon's Breath

[/i]Dragon's Breath 20[/i]
Jr.Newtie

[/i]Dragon's Breath 30[/i]
Right Pianus
Lilynouch

Updates

This is what I did on all the updates.

Update 1:Cleaned it up a bit. (Made it look better)
Update 2: Added Dragon's Breath.
Update 3: Added where to find Mastery Books.
MapleStory Screen: Concerto - ATK 139
PAGE 1 2 3 4
PAGE 1 2 3 4
Archived Thread
This thread has been archived. Replying is no longer possible.