bzl.co

Add a thread

KMST / Big Bang Damage Calculator for ALL classes!

Updates, Patches, Tech Forum Talk about MS Updates, patches, tech

been working hard on this and I'm SO proud to release BETA 1! I will be fixing glitches, please report any glitches here or preferrably on my forum thread so I can track them:
teamradftw.com/ms/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&;t=19458

UPDATE 08/24/2010 - Added Minimum Damage Calculation, changed the way damage is displayed on screen
Posted: August 2010 Permalink
TwitterFacebook Replies: 100

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Actualy, I found what you got here
very interesting, and very useful, wasn't
too hard to pick up.

Made a slightly godly sin

Max Damage 7.0770729857611
(Multiply this by your skill attack)
Aug 11 2010
You sir are just plain awesome for doing this. I can only wonder what amount of effort you gave this and would gladly offer you a cookie if I had one
Anyway, you have saved me and many other more lazier maplers a huge amount of time. I personally have a few pages of a notebook filled with formulas and calculations to find out how to best optimize my equipment for post-bigbang damage as I approach bishophood.
Aug 11 2010
@Bountyan: i know that, that's kiunda what i was trying to say with they aren't getting nerfed or buffed but it ended up like that
Aug 11 2010
DarthMason Level 153 Broa Paladin
Seems like a lot of you didn't read the instructions or look at the screenshots, or 90% of your questions would've been answered. And eventually, yes, this will be a DPS calculator. I'm at 199 and 43%, as soon as I get to 200, I'm gonna finish this thing [/quote]

Can u add a "friendlier" aka for dummy's FAQ/guide? Some people (younger specially) are having some problems.
It's an outstanding program you did there, grats and thanks
Aug 12 2010
New Screen: 106 Crusader range - 4239-6055
LittleTLK Level 192 Broa Beginner
lol sorry... i totally forgot about beginners... i wonder how they'll be calculated? what's the most you can hit on a monster?[/quote]

I was joking~
It's easy to calculate ours. Our damage output is our damage range. Basic attack has a skill multiplier of 1.
We use the warrior weapons mostly (though some use wands for lolz).

What I REALLY want to know is our defense formula.
Aug 13 2010
Get cracking on that min damage Good job so far though, I love the gui. I cant be pressed to check it for errors, but range calculation is pretty straightforward, I'm sure you know what you're doing. I'm assuming this is just the max damage formula with appropriate weapon multipliers.

A potential problem I am seeing however, is levels of mastery--these are different on different classes, and certain skills give differing levels of mastery (Dark Knights beholder, Arans High Mastery, BMs Bow Expert, MMs Marksman Boost,, etc, etc), so you need to make that a variable option as well. I'm assuming this is whats keeping you from doing min damage. Unfortunately it is for this very reason that making the min damage available is so important (not that it's very hard to figure out once you have your max, but I'm sure there are many people that don't have a clue what they're supposed to do). Once you have the mastery, it should be a simple add-on to return min damage as well, I don't know what language you're coding in, but nonetheless, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

You're going to find that calculating critical damage is going to be a lot hairier than any other problem you encountered thus far. Certain skills give more critical damage than others, and you're either going to have to start adding in skill multipliers (which will make it ovar 9000 times more complicated), and essentially turn it into a damage per hit calculator (not dpm).

@above: good point lol.
Aug 13 2010
New Screen: Level 128 black crow solo
I was joking~
It's easy to calculate ours. Our damage output is our damage range. Basic attack has a skill multiplier of 1.
We use the warrior weapons mostly (though some use wands for lolz).

What I REALLY want to know is our defense formula.[/quote]

That's what I thought lol. What's the most damage you've ever seen yourself hit?

Actualy, I found what you got here
very interesting, and very useful, wasn't
too hard to pick up.

Made a slightly godly sin

Max Damage 7.0770729857611
(Multiply this by your skill attack)[/quote]

lol ? I guess that works I played around with the calculator today because I potentialed some more of my equips and got some to turn epic... I found out that % Stat modifiers stack... so if you have 2% all, 2% Int, and another 2% int, you have 2% everything but 6% int... my calculator IS accurate for that as well (thankfully... would suck to change anything old at this point lol)

I've also found that my max base damage with echo (i hit 200 this morning) is 15,572... so my max damage with genesis will be (1300% after Big Bang) 202,436!

You sir are just plain awesome for doing this. I can only wonder what amount of effort you gave this and would gladly offer you a cookie if I had one
Anyway, you have saved me and many other more lazier maplers a huge amount of time. I personally have a few pages of a notebook filled with formulas and calculations to find out how to best optimize my equipment for post-bigbang damage as I approach bishophood.[/quote]
Thank you so much I spent about 14-16 hours total getting it to how it is now... that includes coding and testing... Also, this calculator, since you mentioned testing different equips, was actually the spawn of that same idea in my head... "What if I had more luk and less int?" "What if I had this weapon with these mods instead of this one I have with these other mods" ... so you're using it for exactly what I had in mind when I decided to write it!

Get cracking on that min damage Good job so far though, I love the gui. I cant be pressed to check it for errors, but range calculation is pretty straightforward, I'm sure you know what you're doing. I'm assuming this is just the max damage formula with appropriate weapon multipliers.

A potential problem I am seeing however, is levels of mastery--these are different on different classes, and certain skills give differing levels of mastery (Dark Knights beholder, Arans High Mastery, BMs Bow Expert, MMs Marksman Boost,, etc, etc), so you need to make that a variable option as well. I'm assuming this is whats keeping you from doing min damage. Unfortunately it is for this very reason that making the min damage available is so important (not that it's very hard to figure out once you have your max, but I'm sure there are many people that don't have a clue what they're supposed to do). Once you have the mastery, it should be a simple add-on to return min damage as well, I don't know what language you're coding in, but nonetheless, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

You're going to find that calculating critical damage is going to be a lot hairier than any other problem you encountered thus far. Certain skills give more critical damage than others, and you're either going to have to start adding in skill multipliers (which will make it ovar 9000 times more complicated), and essentially turn it into a damage per hit calculator (not dpm).[/quote]
Correct in the first part... selecting your class, then your weapon (or sometimes just your class if they're restricted) will automatically put in the weapon multipliers

Second part: also correct, I've already got a plan in mind for the skill masteries... Upon selecting class, I will add additional drop downs under the Maple Warrior button... 1 for any skill that may contain mastery (per class), one for any buffs of ANY class (bless, rage, etc), and one for skills of that particular class (that one will be the hardest)... I still need to add the elemental wand option for AM's because it increases their damage, also... coding it in Adobe Flash CS5 (Actionscript 3.0... very similar to Visual C++, just easier for me to add buttons and layers and pretty animated things)

Third part: critical damage will be incorporated when I add the skill table Adding the skill table will simultaneously solve the mastery and critical damage issues for the user... it's gonna be difficult to code, but i've got an idea in mind Seems like you know you're stuff do you code, also?

Anyway... gonna get some guildees to 4th job status (I still leech people haha) then it'll be time to start working on the calculator again... gotta add the minimum, and figure out how critical damage affects it after the patch, add that in... then I'm going to start working on the skills for each class to make it a complete calculator.... after i get done with that, I'm going to start building a monster database to run it against, and then with a flick of a button after inputting your character data, i HOPE it will spit back the monster you should go train on based on your character type, attack type (physical, ice, lightning, fire, poison, holy)... once THAT'S done (yes, there's more)... I'm going to try adding random calculations to an action and see if I can turn it into a small game... if THAT works, then, well... I guess I'll be well on my way to ametuer video game design

LEAVE MORE FEEDBACK! U ALL!
Aug 13 2010
Correct in the first part... selecting your class, then your weapon (or sometimes just your class if they're restricted) will automatically put in the weapon multipliers

Second part: also correct, I've already got a plan in mind for the skill masteries... Upon selecting class, I will add additional drop downs under the Maple Warrior button... 1 for any skill that may contain mastery (per class), one for any buffs of ANY class (bless, rage, etc), and one for skills of that particular class (that one will be the hardest)... I still need to add the elemental wand option for AM's because it increases their damage, also... coding it in Adobe Flash CS5 (Actionscript 3.0... very similar to Visual C++, just easier for me to add buttons and layers and pretty animated things)

Third part: critical damage will be incorporated when I add the skill table Adding the skill table will simultaneously solve the mastery and critical damage issues for the user... it's gonna be difficult to code, but i've got an idea in mind Seems like you know you're stuff do you code, also? [/quote]
I do a bit of java, unfortunately I kinda forgot how to do everything except for the very basics, luckily for stuff like this, the basics will suffice. I actually coded out a program similar to this already (minus the GUI), it prints range and DPM from levels 130 - 200, only problem are the skill multipliers (which no one really knows yet), as well as critical damage (which no one is really sure of yet), and skill times (which you don't need to worry about...and no one really knows yet). Its kinda just my own little thing so I can brute force out hundreds of calculations at once by entering a few numbers. Programming is nifty like that
Aug 13 2010
Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.