BasilMarket

Add a thread

How to run Maplestory on Ubuntu

Updates, Patches, Tech Forum Talk about MS Updates, patches, tech

So I've recently installed Ubuntu onto my computer, and have no idea how to run maplestory on it.
Help please?
Posted: August 2010 Permalink
TwitterFacebook Replies: 15

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2
Either use install a Virtual Machine program with Windows on it or dual-boot into Windows. You can't natively run Maplestory on Ubuntu.
Aug 17 2010
Either use install a Virtual Machine program with Windows on it or dual-boot into Windows. You can't natively run Maplestory on Ubuntu.[/quote]

this she/he is correct. I initially had ubuntu (still do) and i just installed vista along side it
Aug 17 2010
New Screen: Reinforced iron mutae
Either use install a Virtual Machine program with Windows on it or dual-boot into Windows. You can't natively run Maplestory on Ubuntu.[/quote]

Yes it can be run on Ubuntu. Also, using a Virtual Machine would cause him massive lag, asides that his connection might not work properly. You'd needa bridge the connection from Ubuntu to the virtual machine, if using VMWare. I read somewhere on a forum that you need a load of scripts and stuff to run Maple on Ubuntu, but it can be done. There was a video proof in there too. Try google, your best friend for this.
Aug 17 2010
Know any good vm's? And I have no way of getting Windows installed cause my pc never came with the disks.
Aug 17 2010
have you tried experimenting with wine?
Aug 17 2010
VMWare is a pretty good software for running virtual machines, but it get's really laggy. I guess it depends on your hardware. Why not install it as a dual operating system so you can select which OS to start when you boot the computer? It'd save you from tons of lag.
Aug 17 2010
why would you run a virtual machine? experiment with wine first....
Aug 17 2010
wine does not work with maple
and virtual box did not work when i tried to setup maple last febuary
Aug 17 2010
Made a pole whether I should make a complete guide on how to run virtual machines on ubuntu and macs completely for free
Aug 17 2010
What is wine? My computer is kind of.... bleh. It's almost 3 years old with 1gb of ram, and also i have no way to install Windows again without the disks ._.
Aug 17 2010
Page TopHome 1 2

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.