• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Oct 27 10
Scania Cleric
CurativeDirt
Hi guys.
So the stats after Big Bang are totally different, mainly weapon defense and accuracy on items. Are the items going to be edited for the patch? Like the current accuracy on all items multiplied by 3 or something? Anyone know?
Replies
PAGE 1 2
Oct 27 10
Bellocan Hero
AdroxNight
Items will remain the same and give the same bonuses. The only exception being items that alter critical damage, and that stat will be removed.
Oct 27 10
Scania Cleric
CurativeDirt
And the items from drops will still be the same as they are now also? That seems pretty lame =(
Oct 27 10
Bellocan Hero
AdroxNight
Monsters will drop different items. Just the items themselves wont be changing.
Oct 28 10
Scania Cleric
CurativeDirt
Wow that totally SUCKS for expensive armors bought before BB but thanks for answering.
Oct 28 10
Yellonde Phantom 4
AriasDesire
khalakyrelai: Wow that totally SUCKS for expensive armors bought before BB but thanks for answering.

What on earth are you talking about? The items you have aren't getting worse when BB arrives.

What AdroxNight meant is that Sand Rats will no longer be dropping level 20 junk. That would be absolutely dumb as they're getting buffed up to level 70 or 80 something. In response, they'll be dropping higher levelled gear instead of the level 20 junk.

A King Cent with XXX stats is always going to be a King Cent with XXX stats. The only difference is the monsters that drop King Cents now aren't necessarily the ones that will drop King Cents after the Big Bang.

If an item gives +15 accuracy now (e.g., a Pumpkin Spear), then it will still give +15 accuracy after Big Bang. The usefulness of "15 accuracy" however, will be much less due to the changes in the accuracy formula.
Oct 28 10
Bellocan Hero
AdroxNight
ElderTree: What on earth are you talking about? The items you have aren't getting worse when BB arrives.

What AdroxNight meant is that Sand Rats will no longer be dropping level 20 junk. That would be absolutely dumb as they're getting buffed up to level 70 or 80 something. In response, they'll be dropping higher levelled gear instead of the level 20 junk.

A King Cent with XXX stats is always going to be a King Cent with XXX stats. The only difference is the monsters that drop King Cents now aren't necessarily the ones that will drop King Cents after the Big Bang.

If an item gives +15 accuracy now (e.g., a Pumpkin Spear), then it will still give +15 accuracy after Big Bang. The usefulness of "15 accuracy" however, will be much less due to the changes in the accuracy formula.

Thanks for explaining, and its exactly what I meant.
To add, more monsters will drop mastery books, and some monsters will be dropping items that where originally not dropped or only dropped by bosses (exp. Vikings dropping level 110 items).
Oct 28 10
Yellonde Phantom 4
AriasDesire
AdroxNight: Thanks for explaining, and its exactly what I meant.
To add, more monsters will drop mastery books, and some monsters will be dropping items that where originally not dropped or only dropped by bosses (exp. Vikings dropping level 110 items).

I believe I had heard somewhere that every mastery book will be dropped by a non-boss monster, which should help to bring down the cost of certain mastery books to much more reasonable levels. Hopefully we won't hear about any book costing 200,300+ million mesos!

I can't wait!
Oct 28 10
Scania Cleric
CurativeDirt
Okay that makes way more sense. But still the accuracy and defense are going to lose so much worth it seems. =(
Oct 28 10*
Bellocan Hero
AdroxNight
ElderTree: I believe I had heard somewhere that every mastery book will be dropped by a non-boss monster, which should help to bring down the cost of certain mastery books to much more reasonable levels. Hopefully we won't hear about any book costing 200,300+ million mesos!

I can't wait!

The only exception being MW30, which I think drops from only PB and HT. Other than that, I think almost every book will drop from about 4 monsters each. Currently, its 1 or 2 monsters per book, and many of those monsters are not commonly hunted.

above: Acc and Def scrolls are not exactly valuable right now anyway...
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One