MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Potential scrolls, Rare and Unique items ?

MapleStory Forums : General MapleStory : General MS questions and answers

Nov 15 10
Bera Bishop
gekkegerrit
What is a potential scroll and how dioes it work ?
How can i get one ?
What is a rare item ?
What is an unique item ?

Thank you
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2
Nov 15 10
Bera Jett 1
Jedulas
Potential scroll can be used on certain equips to give it an added boost. They drop from all monsters.

A rare item is the first stage of potentiating an item. Rare items have the lowest available potential stats. Epic is the next name after rare and it receives better stats but not the best. Unique gets the best stats.

You can find these potential 'stats' at the bottom of an item description if it has been potentiated.
Nov 15 10*
Broa Hero
appleH2O
Lol just came back to Maple or something?
So they added potentials to items, where you can get extra stats. (They goes underneath your original stats; can be revealed by buying magnifying glasses from all pot shops.)
You can find items with hidden potentials and reveal 'em. Or you can use potential scroll to make 'em with hidden potentials.
Way is works is, all potentials are random. In order to get the potentials you want, you have to cube (CS item) the item. which gives you pieces to obtain more potential scrolls. 10 pieces gets you a 90% one where as 5 pieces gives you 70%.
Cubes resets the potential so you might or might not get whachu want.
Potential items are ranked from Rare < Epic < Unique. The higher the rank the more % stats, better stats you can obtain.
Also once the item is Epic it will stay Epic. Unique wil stay Unique, so your cubings don't go to waste once your item rank up.
And 2 lines potential stats will stay a 2 line. So it's best to obtain 3 line potential items.
There are also level gaps for potentialed items, where as you get better stats if you potential a lvl 71-lvl120 item than one that's lvl 70 or lower. Best potentials on lvl 121+ items.

I kind of just brainstormed all those, if you have more questions just ask away. Might be confusing at first, but its fairly simple when you understand it
MapleStory Screen: 7 30% dex on zhelm.
Nov 15 10
Scania Shadower
Sollicitus
MapleStory Screen: Yay! reverse mask! :3 Nintendo Wii/3D Video: Titanfall - kicking is the new knifing!
Nov 15 10*
Scania Aran 4
SouteiKusari
this one has the possible potential stats equips can have. its still missing a few like all skills +1-2 on helmts but for the most part its increadibly helpful: http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/1607488/0/Quick_explanation_of_the_potential_system__equips.html#
Nov 16 10
Bera Bishop
gekkegerrit
Thanks a lot all, this is very helpfull
Nov 16 10
KradiaEMS Chief Bandit
KolaDit
aznart123: Lol just came back to Maple or something?
So they added potentials to items, where you can get extra stats. (They goes underneath your original stats; can be revealed by buying magnifying glasses from all pot shops.)
You can find items with hidden potentials and reveal 'em. Or you can use potential scroll to make 'em with hidden potentials.
Way is works is, all potentials are random. In order to get the potentials you want, you have to cube (CS item) the item. which gives you pieces to obtain more potential scrolls. 10 pieces gets you a 90% one where as 5 pieces gives you 70%.
Cubes resets the potential so you might or might not get whachu want.
Potential items are ranked from Rare < Epic < Unique. The higher the rank the more % stats, better stats you can obtain.
Also once the item is Epic it will stay Epic. Unique wil stay Unique, so your cubings don't go to waste once your item rank up.
And 2 lines potential stats will stay a 2 line. So it's best to obtain 3 line potential items.
There are also level gaps for potentialed items, where as you get better stats if you potential a lvl 71-lvl120 item than one that's lvl 70 or lower. Best potentials on lvl 121+ items.

I kind of just brainstormed all those, if you have more questions just ask away. Might be confusing at first, but its fairly simple when you understand it
So wait, how rare are these potential scrolls? They sound broken :, So if potential would come over to EMS I'd be able to potential all my stuff without hunting again?

Can you tell me a bit about the increased drop rate?
MapleStory Screen: Koladit level 100! MapleStory Video: [MFA] Spin-Off #1: A dark family affair
Nov 16 10
DemethosGMS Crossbow Man
LaRyu
I have a question - i've recently come back to maple, and don't fully understand potentials.

I have a lvl 50 bowman glove, 3 lined. It had +6 DEX +3 LUK and MP or something strange. If I cube it, I have a chance of getting worse stats?
MapleStory Screen: Maple lag d:
Nov 16 10
Mardia Xenon 1
spike49
KolakCC: So wait, how rare are these potential scrolls? They sound broken :, So if potential would come over to EMS I'd be able to potential all my stuff without hunting again?

Can you tell me a bit about the increased drop rate?
I forgot what's the drop rate is but the drop rate of items with potentials increases by 10% or soemthing right after the balance patch.

Another good way to get potential scrolls is to buy cubes. When you use them, they leave behind fragments (5 fragments make 70% pot scroll, 10 fragments make 90% advance pot scrolls).
MapleStory Screen: Lucky, got pb pet in few tries
Nov 16 10
Zenith Corsair
LeadZephyr
saffy: I have a question - i've recently come back to maple, and don't fully understand potentials.

I have a lvl 50 bowman glove, 3 lined. It had +6 DEX +3 LUK and MP or something strange. If I cube it, I have a chance of getting worse stats?

Yes, but you also have a chance of getting better stats.
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login