BasilMarket

Sad Mask
Would you be so kind as to disable your ad-blocker on BasilMarket please? Your support is greatly appreciated.

I/L Mage Skill Distribution, Post-BB.

Ice / Lightning Arch Mage Forum Talk about Ice/Lightning Wizard, Mage and Arch Mage

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25
dewgong Level 200 Scania Night Lord
Nice Guide, but you might want to work on bolding the skills because it's hard to read when they're all clumped together.
2nd Job: If I'm starting fresh, I would max Thunderbolt before Mastery, but that's just me. I still think having a mob attack earlier on even without mastery is better than clawing things until 4x. Now that I'm a 4th jobber, Cold Beam and Thunderbolt would be useless so I would max everything besides those two.

3rd Job: Ice Strike, Elemental Amplification, Spell Booster, Elemental Reset, Thunder Spear, and Teleport Mastery are a must. I would max those and leave out Elemental Composition, if there are points leftover, dump it into Partial Resistance.

4th Job: 120: Blizzard, Chain Lightning, Big Bang. Then max CL, Magic Mastery, Maple Warrior, and then Infinity. Maybe squeeze some Ice Demon and Elquines in there somehow.
Nov 24 2010
I want to know, is this before the reorganization update or after?

Although, it technically should be before, as we receive only the 1st of the Big Bang updates next month.

I just want to clarify =).
Nov 24 2010
@above This is for after the big bang and to dewwang, i think leaving blizzard at 1 and max cl and magic mastery first
Nov 24 2010
If you are leaving out cold beam, then maybe you would want a point on TS in early third job for a single enemy attack. This is the build I will follow post BB:
70: 1 Ice Strike
71: 1 Teleport Mastery, 1 Thunder Spear, 1 Ice Strike
then: Max ice strike>Max Element Amplification>6 spell booster>Max Thunder Spear>Max Teleport Mastery>Max Element Reset>Max Spell Booster>Partial resistance is more usefull than Element Composition because Element Composition does not get boost from ele weapons.
Nov 24 2010
There's also a guide by QuickJumper7 for post bb[/quote]
Hmm, didn't see it. Nice to know, but eh, pointless to take it down now. I'll be sure to link his thread then.

Nice Guide, but you might want to work on bolding the skills because it's hard to read when they're all clumped together.
2nd Job: If I'm starting fresh, I would max Thunderbolt before Mastery, but that's just me. I still think having a mob attack earlier on even without mastery is better than clawing things until 4x. Now that I'm a 4th jobber, Cold Beam and Thunderbolt would be useless so I would max everything besides those two.

3rd Job: Ice Strike, Elemental Amplification, Spell Booster, Elemental Reset, Thunder Spear, and Teleport Mastery are a must. I would max those and leave out Elemental Composition, if there are points leftover, dump it into Partial Resistance.

4th Job: 120: Blizzard, Chain Lightning, Big Bang. Then max CL, Magic Mastery, Maple Warrior, and then Infinity. Maybe squeeze some Ice Demon and Elquines in there somehow.[/quote]
Bold added.
Suggestions will be added soon.

You should have enough 3rd job SP to max out everything but PR. My question as far as build goes is where to put Teleport Mastery and ER. Particularly Mastery, since it's such a great skill. It's not so much that I don't know what's essential, it's just what order should things be done.
Nov 24 2010
I'm going to do the same as you said in first job, but following this wouldn't give us a 1v1 freezer or is that not a problem? Another guide said to max cold beam as the 1v1 freezer. If I don't max cold beam, should I max ele comp as my 1v1?
Nov 25 2010
I'm going to do the same as you said in first job, but following this wouldn't give us a 1v1 freezer or is that not a problem? Another guide said to max cold beam as the 1v1 freezer. If I don't max cold beam, should I max ele comp as my 1v1?[/quote]
There should be a build for second job that maxed Cold Beam if that's what you want, unless I accidentally deleted it.
Nov 25 2010
nice guide. at first, the structure was kind of sloppy and confusing, so I would look at the italicized sentences to tell each skill from apart, but now it looks better.
Wouldn't it be better on the second build for 2nd job to max MP Eater and leave Slow at 1? Unless I missed a skill past 3rd job that requires Slow at a high level, then i don't understand why it must be so high. the freezing from ice > slow enemies from a high-leveled Slow.
Nov 26 2010
nice guide. at first, the structure was kind of sloppy and confusing, so I would look at the italicized sentences to tell each skill from apart, but now it looks better.
Wouldn't it be better on the second build for 2nd job to max MP Eater and leave Slow at 1? Unless I missed a skill past 3rd job that requires Slow at a high level, then i don't understand why it must be so high. the freezing from ice > slow enemies from a high-leveled Slow.[/quote]
It's because Slow works on bosses, unlike freezing. It's very useful at mobile bosses and personally I don't think a skill that could get you into a Targa/Scarlion run should be left unmaxed.
Nov 26 2010
Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.