MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

General SP Distribution & Troubleshooter

MapleStory Forums : General MapleStory : General MS questions and answers

Dec 09 10
Broa Bow Master
BowMikester
I've seen way too many threads about this popping up lately, so I'm making this to save you all some stress.
Mods, please sticky this thread; it should clear up a lot of thread spam.

Total SP for each job

The root of most problems with SP distribution is a misunderstanding of SP math. Here are general tables for each class's total SP.
[Note]: If a knowledgeable Dual Blade could assist me in posting the max SP allowed in that job, the help would be appreciated.

Non-DB Explorer, Cygnus Knight, and Aran skill table
Table:
1st job Non-Mage & Blaze Wizard
1 SP from job advance + (20 levels x 3 SP per level) = 61 total SP in first job

1st job Mage
1 SP from job advance + (22 levels x 3 SP per level) = 67 total SP in first job

2nd job
1 SP from job advance + (40 levels x 3 SP per level) = 121 total SP in second job

3rd job
1 SP from job advance + (50 levels x 3 SP per level) = 151 total SP in third job
*IMPORTANT NOTE* 4th jobbers, be careful! There is a bug in the auto-alert system that might not tell you when you put too many points into 3rd job skills!

4th job
3 SP from job advance + (80 levels x 3 SP per level) = 241 total SP in fourth job

Evan skill table
ashje:
1st Mastery 11 X 3 SP + 7 SP (From Quests) = 40 SP (Max all Skills)
2nd Mastery 11 X 3 SP + 7 SP (From Quests) = 40 SP (Max all Skills)
3rd Mastery 11 X 3 SP + 7 SP (From Quests) = 40 SP (Max all Skills)
4th Mastery 11 X 3 SP + 7 SP (From Quests) = 40 SP (Max all Skills)
5th Mastery 11 X 3 SP + 7 SP (From Quests) = 40 SP (Max all Skills)
6th Mastery 21 X 3 SP + 2 SP (From Quests) = 65 SP (Max all Skills)
7th Mastery 20 X 3 SP + 5 = 65 SP (Max all Skills)
8th Mastery 20 X 3 SP + 5 = 65 SP (Max all Skills)
9th Mastery 40 X 3 SP + 5 = 125 SP (Max all Skills)
10th Mastery 41 X 3 SP = 123 SP (Max all Skills + 13 SP Remaining)

Evan is able to max all skills.

It is important to realize that under the new system, you have to distribute the maximum amount of SP in one job level to put points into the next one.
To clarify on this, it doesn't mean you need to put all the skill points you get from the job level into that level of the job.
Example: I decided I didn't want to max out a skill in second job, so I put the points into a first job skill. Since the point was used, it still counted towards points used in second job, allowing me to distribute points in third job.

Troubleshooter

If you are getting the "You are lacking Level XX skills" message, it means you haven't fully distributed your SP.

If you job advanced late prior to the patch that auto-fixed SP upon job advance, you will be missing the equivalent amount of points.
Example: I obtained first job two levels late on my CB back in 2006. I am missing 6 points.
The only thing you can do in this situation is submit a ticket to Nexon and hope for the best.
Note that the SP reset scroll WILL NOT fix your SP. I know this from experience.

If you know any relevant information that's not in the guide, please post it. I will update this guide as needed. If you have any information regarding Dual Blade/Evan SP, please post it. Feel free to distribute this information to your friends, if you must post this on other forums, please give credit. Thank you.

Credits:
BanditHelper (Me) for writing the guide
Ryka for helping clarify on the job level distribution issue.
Darlings and other 4th jobbers for identifying 3rd job SP auto-alert issue.
ashje for Evan skill table.
Basil Market for hosting this guide.
Nexon/Wizet for creating Maple Story
MapleStory Screen: Impostors everywhere MapleStory Video: Henesys Time Lapse