• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Dec 28 10
Broa Bow Master
TehReturnX
Hi Basil,

Just wondering if there is any tips or methods to increase overall loot speed. I live in Australia and have a decent internet connection with TPG as my ISP. My download speed is around 8mbs, and my upload around 1mbs. I have noticed in some Youtube videos that some people can loot very fast, and I was wondering perhaps if there was anyway to lower to latency to the US Global Maplestory servers. Slower loot speed means that in some maps like mp3, I am unable to loot some items while training, and it lowers my overall training speed.

Also, is there anyway to check my latency to the Maplestory servers? I used to be able to ping Maplestory.nexon.net and get around 150~250ms, but that no longer works.

Any help or comments would be appreciated, thanks.
Replies
PAGE 1 2 3
Dec 28 10
Broa Bow Master
TehReturnX
NiteTyme: i honestly don't think there is a real method of significantly improving it. I think Nexon capped it for maplestory. There is a hack just for that specific reason to increase the speed of pick up and reduce delay.

There are people who loot significantly faster, and I'm pretty sure they don't hack. Gonna test 3dmc's method. Thanks to 3dmc
Dec 28 10
Windia Priest
Cheezzy4ever
Jeff4u: Bellocan is a western server? Holy crap i never knew that. no wonder my character lags at broa.

They all are, except for El Nido.

OT: If you can get nx, you best option would be to get a pet with an item pouch.
Dec 28 10
Broa Dragon Knight
Metamorphiz
OMG 8 MB/s? I only have ~70 KB/s for download speed...
New MapleStory Screen: Basilbroa ftw!
Dec 28 10
Broa Dark Knight
Buijukai
Q lag?
Dec 28 10
Bera Bow Master
ImBIown
XLaws: OMG 8 MB/s? I only have ~70 KB/s for download speed...

you must have a horrible internet provider because my ipod can download 3 times faster than that
New MapleStory Screen: Soloed dojo
Dec 28 10
Windia Dragon Knight
FirstxSpear
same thing happens to me ~

sellingscrollz open the start menu and you'll see Control Panel at the right~
Dec 28 10*
Broa Bow Master
TehReturnX
XLaws: OMG 8 MB/s? I only have ~70 KB/s for download speed...

8mbs, not MB/s. 1byte = 8bits, so I can get about 1Mb/s.

Edit: My loot speed is slightly faster, but it's still barely noticeable . I followed all the directions for the registry, however, I do find that my buff speed is slightly faster (macro). Thanks for the help though guys!
Dec 28 10
Broa Dragon Knight
Metamorphiz
FrozenSilent: Ohhh... I don't think you can loot really fast except with a pet, but it's possible to loot like 5 items/sec.
New MapleStory Screen: Basilbroa ftw!
Dec 28 10
Broa Bow Master
TehReturnX
XLaws: FrozenSilent: Ohhh... I don't think you can loot really fast except with a pet, but it's possible to loot like 5 items/sec.

I can probably loot at max 2 items/sec.
PAGE 1 2 3

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One