MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Feb 06 11
Windia Shadower
HyeBandit
ZOMG NOTE!: (5.09.11) I'll begin updating this again after I get out of school and get some more free time. That'll be May 24th-ish. I originally chose to just not update it anymore, but I think that I'll update it again because people are still using it, and there's still a lot of questions that need answering on Basil. Thanks for keeping it semi-active and giving me things to update, I'll make sure to clean this guide up and make it much better when school's out.

Last Updated: 3.02.11 13:50 BT

Hello, welcome to my Ultimate Adventurer Guide!
This guide is new, under construction, and will most likely have faults that should be fixed. If you see anything wrong, would like to make a suggestion, or if I'm missing something, let me know. All help is appreciated!

Table of Contents

1. The Ultimate Adventurer
2. Creating Ultimate Adventurer & Cygnus Knight Additions
3. What Your Ultimate Adventurer Comes With
4. Your Ultimate Adventurer's Cygnus Skill
5. Empress' Strengthening and Blessing of the Empress
6. Obtaining the UA Skills on a Non-UA Adventurer
7. Sources

1. The Ultimate Adventurer

An Ultimate Adventurer (UA) can be any of the five main Adventurer classes (Bowman, Magician, Thief, Warrior, Pirate), but is created differently, and with a bunch of extra perks. They are created by completing a few steps on a level 120 Cygnus Knight (CK), and begin at level 50. There's not much to to say when defining a UA, but there is a lot to say about the benefits.

The "extra perks" of an Ultimate Adventurer include:
An "Ultimate Adventurer" Medal: 2 weapon/magic attack, 200 HP/MP, 10 speed/jump. The Medal is titled: "(Your 120 CK's name)'s Successor"
One Cygnus skill depending on your UA class
Empress' Strengthening Skill
A level 24 Empress' Blessing from your 120 Cygnus Knight

(More in-depth information will be provided throughout the guide)

Note: You can only have ONE UA at a time, so if you want to make one of another class, you would have to delete your current one, and make another 120 CK to get the quest for a UA again.

2. Creating Ultimate Adventurer & Cygnus Knight Additions

As previously stated, you must have a 120 Cygnus Knight. Your CK class does not decide your UA class.
Once you have a 120 CK, the Empress will provide a quest that you must complete. It asks for 10 Peridots, which drop from the monster "Harps" in Leafre. From completing this quest, you gain two new skills on your CK:
The Empress' Call: [Master Level: 1] Permanently increases your HP and MP by 20%.
The Empress' Prayer: [Master Level: 1] Your weapon and magic attacks increase by 4% for two hours. The buff will not disappear until the time limit is reached. In other words, you can die without losing the buff. Cooldown: 24 hours.

Those skills are specifically for your CK. But the quest also triggered the ability to create your UA. Be sure to have a character slot available so that you can complete this quest and create your UA. You can make your name and change the hair/eyes as you would with a new character. Once you created your UA, you can log off your CK and find your UA in one of your character slots. You do not lose your CK when you create your UA. Also, your UA's skill points are not automatically distributed, so you can add them to your liking.

One more thing, CKs begin with 10% exp whenever they level up. I do not believe you need to do anything to trigger this new change.

3. What Your Ultimate Adventurer Comes With

Aside from the perks listed in Section 1, the UA comes with some equips and new skills. I do not have the specific stats on the individual equips, but like other equip sets, there are added bonuses to wearing them all at once:

4 set bonus
HP: +100
MP: +100
Physical Defense: +50
Magic Defense: +50

5 set bonus
AllStat: +6
Weapon Attack: +5
Magic: +5 Physical Defense: +100
Magic Defense: +100
Speed: +20

I believe there is a second set of equips given in future levels (I will try to find this information), but I do not know if the bonus stats change or not.

Skills will be discussed in the next sections.

4. Your Ultimate Adventurer's Cygnus Skill

This is one of the main perks to having a UA. Depending on the class you made your UA, you receive a Cygnus skill.
Warrior: Soul Driver
Magician: Flame Gear
Archer: Wind Piercing
Thief: Vampire
Pirate: Sharkwave

This means your CK can be any class and it will not decide anything about your UA. It also means that a Thief cannot have Soul Driver, etc.

To increase your mastery of these skills, all you need to do is level up. At level 50, it has a mastery level of 1, and the max is 5. Every 10 levels, 1 point is added to your
mastery of the Cygnus skill. So, by level 90, the skill will be maxed.

5. Empress' Strengthening and Blessing of the Empress

Empress' Strengthening is very simple.
Empress' Strengthening: [Master Level: 1] Allows the user to wear equips that are 10 levels or less higher than the user's level.

There is also Blessing of the Empress, which is explained below.

Blessing of the Empress: [Mastery Level: 24] For every 5 levels gained on your highest-level Cygnus Knight, 1 level of blessing is added to your other characters. 1 level of blessing is 1 physical attack, and 1 magic attack.

This is twice as effective as Blessing of the Fairy, which provides one point every 10 levels, and is provided by an adventurer character.

BoE and BoF is provided to every character on your account (in the same world) aside from the character that provides it. Also, BoE does not stack with BoF. Your characters simply get whichever skill provides more attack, and the lesser one is not applied. A character cannot provides its own BoF or BoE, so a minimum of two characters is needed to have the skill(s). Again, a character on your account will receive the Blessing from whichever character can provide the highest amount.

For those that do not understand these skills, here is how they work. Your characters receive 1 weapon/magic attack (from BoF) for every 10 levels that your highest character is. (If it was BoE, it would be every 5 levels.) As previously stated, your characters cannot provide their own Blessing, so here is an example of a set of characters:

131 Shadower
75 Marauder
50 Thunder Breaker (TB)

The level 75 Marauder receives 13 points because the possible BoF (from the Shadower) provides a greater attack boost than the possible BoE (from the TB). Therefore, the Marauder gets the level 13 BoF and the BoE is nonexistent on this character.

The level 131 Shadower, however, gains 10 points from BoE. The Marauder is only able to provide 7 points from BoF, while the Thunder Breaker can provide 10 points from BoE. So, the Shadower would take what benefits him more. The BoE is applied to the Shadower and the BoF will not be given.

The level 50 Thunder Breaker receives 13 BoF for similar reasons.

6. Obtaining the UA Skills on a Non-UA Adventurer

The two skills discussed in this section are the Empress' Strength and the Cygnus Skills.

A normal Adventurer can get these skills, beginning with Empress' Strength, but by completing a quest. An Adventurer of level 70 or higher will automatically get a quest from their Job Instructor, asking to collect 20 leaves from Ariant's Desert Rabbits. According to Spadow, the drop rate is incredibly low. But after you finish the quest, you gain the Empress' Strengthening skill.

After completing the quest above, the Adventurer can get a quest from a Knight Instructor. They will ask that you collect 10 orb-like items, and upon completion, the skill that goes along with your class (mentioned in Section 3) will be given to you. This quest is also available at level 70. I believe that you must complete the Strengthening quest to begin this quest though.

To level up your CK skill as an adventurer, you must level up 10 times and repeat the quest for one more skill point. So, you would need to level up 40 times to fully master your CK skill (you automatically have 1 point in it upon gaining the skill).

Personally, I do not think the Empress' Strengthening skill is not worth the trouble it seems to give. The CK skill is probably more valuable than the other, but more or less

7. Sources

http://spadow.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/kms-ver-1-2-111-van-leon/
http://spadow.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/kmst-v340-castle-of-lionheart/
http://spadow.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/the-quest-for-empress-strengthening/
Along with various Basilers' posts
MapleStory Screen: Lotus - supersized!
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23
Feb 11 11*
Broa Aran 4
AranYouDown
yaytime: Legendary777: Is the Beginner Explorer and Beginner Adventurer the same medal? No. But I do agree with everything else.

Obviously not.

But what I'm talking about here, is the fact that people refer to Adventurers as Explorers, and vice versa. Two names - but the same thing overall.
Take my DrK skill reference to mind please.

Oh, and if you REALLY want to take it that far, here's the problem with your argument. Beginner Explorer can be obtained by anybody, Adventurer or not. Beginner Adventurer, on the other hand, can only be obtained by Adventurers. You were defending that Ultimate Adventurers are UEs, not UAs.

They're the same thing.
MapleStory Screen: "when pigs fly."
Feb 11 11
Windia Blade Lord
Valialty
When do you have to make a CK to 120 by?
Feb 11 11
Broa Aran 4
AranYouDown
Valialty: When do you have to make a CK to 120 by?

Anytime.
Feb 11 11
Galicia Bow Master
FuriousMango
Are pics available of the initial lvl 50 outfit we get?

P.s. Hi David DrHye

XeqeX from Lotus guild.. Too bad I was hacked
Feb 11 11
Zenith Warrior
GetSpearedOn
Will we be getting new character slots for CK's? please explain
Feb 11 11
Windia Shadower
HyeBandit
BBD: He's still a source for a lot of good info, but I'll take that drop rate bit out.
I'll look into the SP guy, but I wouldn't be able to give him credit, which is what would bother me. ><
MapleStory Screen: Lotus - supersized!
Feb 12 11
Broa Aran 4
AranYouDown
TasteMango: Are pics available of the initial lvl 50 outfit we get?

P.s. Hi David DrHye

XeqeX from Lotus guild.. Too bad I was hacked

I think I saw it in the "Maple Girl" video I posted up there on page 3.

It really looks like a "gold-trimmed version" (lol runescape) of the normal KoC outfit that you get when you make one.
Feb 12 11*
1. You need to finish lvl120 Cygnus Medal quest to get peridot quest
2. You can either find Peridot from Harp or Blood Harp
3. UA soul driver max % and mob is same as Dawn warrior
4. You get lvl80 UA equips when you reach lvl70 (lightbulb from empress)
5. lvl70 set bonus:
4set:
150hp
150mp
50def
50mdef

5set:
8 all stat
7att
7matt
150def
150mdef
25acc
20avoid

6. paladin's charge work soul driver (if you have ice charge on, soul driver will freeze them.) random fact

Source: I have UA pally in kms
I will give more info if I forgot anything

and I can give ua equip picturs if you need them
MapleStory Screen: Kmst chaos screen
Feb 12 11
Arcania Bishop
HarpCarp
Wow, the level 70 set is godly. The skill and ability to equip things 10 levels earlier isn't the really benefit of uas. It's the 7 att (better than android I think) and 8 all stat bonus. Do you people think a UA Bowmaster is a good idea? I was going to make a UA Paladin, but everyone's doing that. Vampire sucks, Guns are overpriced, and I have a blaze wizard right now, so I'm stuck between Marksman and Bowmaster.
MapleStory Screen: 6k per jester
Feb 12 11
MangosOnTheWeb: Wow, the level 70 set is godly. The skill and ability to equip things 10 levels earlier isn't the really benefit of uas. It's the 7 att (better than android I think) and 8 all stat bonus. Do you people think a UA Bowmaster is a good idea? I was going to make a UA Paladin, but everyone's doing that. Vampire sucks, Guns are overpriced, and I have a blaze wizard right now, so I'm stuck between Marksman and Bowmaster.

Vampire is actually good since thiefs doesn't have good mob attack until 3rd job
and i have ua markasman and ua bm friend and they both are awesome
MapleStory Screen: Kmst chaos screen
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login