MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Feb 18 11
Windia I/L Arch Mage
XTomariX
Alright so, i was just going through the DB skill book list and noticed that a few of the skill books are dropped from HOBLIN KING in hobs pq, i wanted to see if anyone had any proof that it still does? ive done hoblin pq over 200 times with no luk, but i also know that the mount it drops is possably the rarest drop in the game, so yeah does anyone have any picture proof that HOBLIN KING actually drops the skill books? i need FA but i really dont wana spend nx again.
MapleStory Screen: New time traveler's circlet
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2
Feb 18 11
Scania Blade Master
vvakizashii
Err, I don't have a screenshot, but FA is a definate reward. Not sure about TS or MI.

Again, I didn't take the screenshot because I assumed people already knew it was a Hob Reward
MapleStory Screen: Flying farmer!
Feb 18 11
Windia I/L Arch Mage
XTomariX
ghostme: Err, I don't have a screenshot, but FA is a definate reward. Not sure about TS or MI.

Again, I didn't take the screenshot because I assumed people already knew it was a Hob Reward

How many runs did u have to do to get it? as a guess since i have done it many many times and still nothing.
MapleStory Screen: New time traveler's circlet
Feb 18 11
Scania Blade Master
vvakizashii
err, honestly it's purely based on luck.

I believe the rewards system is based on a random number generator and luck
e.g.
0 = FA
1 = MI
2 = White Pots
3 = Scroll
4 = Chicken
5 = Ores

.generate rand value (0 - 5) *using the example above
.display string value
.........etc

Basically what ever number comes up the player will receive the item

So yeah, it's mainly luck than the number of runs you attempt. Ignore my poor vb coding if you don't understand
MapleStory Screen: Flying farmer!
Feb 19 11
Windia F/P Arch Mage
princetu
Actually there are rarer drops than the hyena mount, like the dragon katara thing that drops from bonus at Dragon Rider PQ. it has like 1/1000000000 chance to drop
Feb 19 11
Renegades Shadower
ObelinDarin
Does anyone know how to get the extra SP when using a skill book? I used slash storm when i turned lvl 35, I had 2 SP points to use at the time because I just used one on some random skill. Anyways after i used the book i didnt get the extra point.
Feb 19 11
Bera Battle Mage 4
ofuzz
Matewan: Does anyone know how to get the extra SP when using a skill book? I used slash storm when i turned lvl 35, I had 2 SP points to use at the time because I just used one on some random skill. Anyways after i used the book i didnt get the extra point.

max the skill until you need to use a skill book, then use it
So next time wait for slash storm to be lvl 5 because you cant raise it anymore, use the skill book and you get the skill point
Feb 19 11
Renegades Shadower
ObelinDarin
aMongoose: max the skill until you need to use a skill book, then use it
So next time wait for slash storm to be lvl 5 because you cant raise it anymore, use the skill book and you get the skill point

I did. Slash storm was at lvl 5, i think that i had four points in it when i leveled up and put 1 point into it to make it five so i had 2 points leftover. Then i used the slash storm skillbook and i didnt get any points.
Feb 19 11
Bera Battle Mage 4
ofuzz
Matewan: i don't know what to tell you. Next time dont even buy it until you cant raise it anymore i guess..
Feb 19 11
Scania Blade Recruit
aberkathy1
only nx books u get the free sp, the books that arent from the nx shop doesnt give sp
MapleStory Screen: Sakagura's desktop
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login