MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Apr 20 11
Khaini Bowman
FMGads

Chryse

Chryse, or the Floating Island Of Chryse, is a new area for levels 55-70 (you can enter up to 75, but the quests are up to 70). Before I start, I’ll give you some background information.

The monsters’ levels are between 55-62 (excluding the boss).

The monsters do a HIGH damage (around 400~500!) and give mediocre EXP (terrible for KMS, so for GMS, even worse!).

Chryse is basically a storyline like Mushroom Kingdom.

Although I did it on every one of my characters that I created after it came to KMS, I do not encourage doing it. It’s a waste of time and gives little EXP.

Since I’ve done it so many times, I can guide you through the quests. Before we start, let me explain some more things. The maps go like this:

Monster -> Monster + Gold Version of it -> Gold Version of it

The Gold Version of the monster is 1 level higher than the normal version.

Here’s a map of Chryse I designed (not the official, the offical will come a few patches after Chaos)

Getting Their

To enter Chryse, you must talk to Ericsson at Orbis: Orbis Park. He’ll give you a quest and you’ll go to the map Path of Chryse where you have wings and you’ll just fly up. Talk to Demos to complete the quest.

The Beginning

Demos’ Quest

Demos will want you to collect 1 Chryse Hideout Entry Pass from

Gerbil

Level 55
HP: 4,800
EXP: 150

Hunt in Outside of Chryse 1. As you hunt them, loot as many Gerbil’s Fangs as you can, because you’ll need 150 of them later on.

Complete the quest and Marione will have your next quest.

Marione’s Quest(s)

Marione will want you to kill 50 Gerbils. Return to Outside of Chryse 1 and kill them. Continue to pick up their teeth and once you kill 50, complete his quest. You will get another quest from him.

He wants you to kill 50
Golden Gerbils

Level 56
HP: 5,160
EXP: 158

(The monsters' stats are just to show you how bad they are, there's almost no EXP difference between the 55 and 56 one, but there is a HP value difference. Any other monsters' stats are not posted here, but will be posted if anyone asks )

To do so, go to the map Outside of Chryse 2 where there are both Gerbils and Golden Gerbils.
Keep picking up the Gerbil’s Fangs and also pick up Golden Gerbil’s Capes. Keep training there until you get 150 Gerbil’s Fangs and if you don’t have 150 Golden Gerbil’s Capes, move on to Outside of Chryse 3. Once you have 150 of each, go back and complete the quest.

The Next Few Quests

You’ll get a few more quests from Michaela and Titan.

He will want 50 Fangs/Capes and then 100 more. Should be no problem, since we already got them.

After a few quests, you will get a quest from Michael.

Michael’s Quest(s)

First quest

He wants you to kill 100 Scopies and collect 70 Scopie’s Helmets.

No shortcuts here, go train at Lawless Zone 1.

Once you’re done, return to him to get your second quest.

Second Quest

Now kill 100 Golden Scorpies and collect 70 Golden Scopie’s Helmets

No shortcuts here either, go train at Lawless Zone 2.

Once you’re done, return to him and finish the quest. You will get another quest now…

Third Quest

Time to get out of Chryse… Michael wants you to get 50 Star Pixie’s Starpieces, 50 Lunar Pixie’s Moonpiece, and 50 Luster Pixie’s Sunpieces from Star Pixies, Lunar Pixies, and Luster Pixies. Should be easy enough. When you are done, return to Michael and he’ll give you another quest.

Third Through Sixth Quest

Michael will want you to go kill 100 Phenecs and get 50 Phenec’s Spears.

To do so, go to Road to Coliseum 1 and hunt them until you have 150 spears.

After completing this quest, you’ll get another quest to get 100 spears. Since you already got 150, you should just complete it.

For the next quest you’ll have to go to Road To Coliseum 3 and hunt 100 Golden Phenecs and get 50 Golden Phenec’s Shields. Get 150, however, because just like the previous quest, you’ll need 100 more afterwards.

After completing those two quests (the 50 and the 100 ones), you will get a quest from Titan.

Titans’ Quest

Oh my gosh, the old wise man speaks. He wants you to go to enter Coliseum. Simply keep going right until you reach the Coliseum Corridor 1 map, right after the Coliseum Entrance: Coliseum Entrance

[An old picture of me at the Coliseum Entrance KMS]

Go back to Titan and complete his quest. Now you are back to Michael who will give you the next quests.

Michael’s Next Two Quests

He will want you to kill 100 Marmots and get 70 Marmot’s Tails… Uhh, how original… No shortcuts here, just train at Coliseum Corridor 1 till you are done.

Now ge will want you to kill 100 Golden Marmots and get 70 Golden Marmot’s Tusks… yeah yeah yeah… No shortcuts here either, just train at Coliseum Corridor 3 till you are done.

Now, you are almost done!

The Final Quests

Michael will want you to go face Xerxes. Michaela will want his necklace.

Xerxes

[b]Level 63
HP: 3,600,000
EXP: 19,000[/b]

To fight Xerxes, go all the way to the right to Inside The Coliseum map. You’ll need 2~4 people (level 55~75) to fight Xerxes. The fight is pretty annoying, he has many different curses. Just how the entrance is similar to Mushroom Kingdom, so are the drops. Xerxes drops the 5 weapon boxes just like the Mushroom Kingdom boss, along with Xerxes’s Necklace, which you’ll need for Michaela’s quest. NOTE: Xerxes only drops ONE necklace so spam Z (or whatever…)!

The boss MAY drop Michaela’s Glasses, which add 2 STR/DEX/INT/LUK, 50 HP/MP, 150 Avoidability, and 5 slots. It may also drop Michael’s Glasses, which add the same thing except, instead of 150 Avoidability, it adds 150 Accuracy. They’re EXTREMELY RARE though.

And yes, they ARE karmable!

Also, Xerxes has two summons, Tragos and Kephivara. They’re weak, so you don’t have to worry about them.

Once you finish all the quests, talk to Titan. He will give you what you did this whole thing for, a useless medal, the Chryse Savior Medal.

Extra Quest

After finishing everything, Marione will give you an optional quest that’s repeatable. He wants you to kill 100 of every gold monster, and as a reward, he’ll give you a Chryse Salvation Box, which you can get pots and such. I only got pots every time I did it so don’t waste your time.

Notes:

Credits to Shakar96. the pictures of the Chryse Savior Medal and the Coliseum Map are from a different source Please enjoy and if Mr.Basil could turn this into a proper Guide that would be wonderful
MapleStory Screen: Monster failure