• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Comments
Elemental wand/staff penalty
MapleStory Forums : Evan : Talk about the Evan Mage class
Apr 26 11
Broa Evan 10th Growth
KageHeartz
Hi guys.

I was thinking of buying a lvl 70 elemental wand 1
1) Is this a good investment for me, and is it the most powerful wand I could get at lvl 70? I am low-luck.
2) MORE IMPORTANTLY: Will the elemental penalty apply to some the skills that dont have a specific element attached to it? For example, killer wings, dragon thrust and the smexy earthquake, dark fog, and illusion?

Thanks!
Replies
Apr 26 11*
Windia Evan 10th Growth
Hatunave
1) yes
2) no. actually, it will help earthquake cause that's fire based attack. the rest are dark/neutral and there is no elemental penalty on dark attacks. unless you are still using ice breath, that's the only one you would get a penalty on.
New MapleStory Screen: Hangout at leafre
Apr 26 11
Broa Evan 10th Growth
KageHeartz
Thanks a bunch!

Does everyone gach to get dragon equips?

Just on a side note...ughhh ice breath is so annoying to charge up D:
Apr 26 11
Windia Evan 10th Growth
Hatunave
no, most tend to maker them (reverse only) or buy in fm. dragon equips are very cheap to buy. like.. 500k or so, depending on your server.
New MapleStory Screen: Hangout at leafre
Apr 26 11*
Scania Shadower
ShadowsChris
Just a quick question, I'm sure somebody in the Evan forum knows the answer:
I haven't been paying much attention to the changing bonuses in E weapons, so I was wondering if similar elements both receive a boost (though one less than the other) from a corresponding E weapon?

Would an elemental Wand 1 only give a 10% bonus to Fire and take 5% (I think it's 5%) off of everything else, including poison?

I tried to find the Nexon forum post about it from a month or two ago but it didn't clarify it for me.
New MapleStory Video: Ellin Party Quest
Apr 26 11
Windia I/L Arch Mage
Quickjumper7
maple199: Just a quick question, I'm sure somebody in the Evan forum knows the answer:
I haven't been paying much attention to the changing bonuses in E weapons, so I was wondering if similar elements both receive a boost (though one less than the other) from a corresponding E weapon?

Would an elemental Wand 1 only give a 10% bonus to Fire and take 5% (I think it's 5%) off of everything else, including poison?

I tried to find the Nexon forum post about it from a month or two ago but it didn't clarify it for me.

It gives 10% to the main element. It gives 5% to the secondary element. It takes off 25% from opposing elements.
The Nexon post is useless, the numbers are wrong because Hime doesn't know what she's talking about.
Apr 26 11
Windia Evan 10th Growth
Konagami
maple199: For elemental wand 1, fire gets a boost of 10%, poison gets a boost of 5%, and all other elements get a 25% penalty in damage.
Apr 26 11
Broa Evan 10th Growth
KageHeartz
Should I stick with my e.wand until the next e.staff OR wait until the next e.wand? (or should I upgrade in between the e.wand and e.staff/wand?)

Thanks!
Apr 26 11
Scania Evan 10th Growth
oAznDreameRo
u should get an estaff or the next ewand depending on how much more luk ur willing to put in, cuz remember, the estaff is like 105 luk. pick one or the other, dont upgrade in between

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One