L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
24 Pics 24 Videos
Nexon
7 Pics 4 Videos
Sony PS3 & PS4
1 Pic 7 Videos
Xbox 360 & One
2 Pics 8 Videos
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Jun 28 11
Bera Buccaneer
iBurnSlimes
Only thing I know is: It can go -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5
But, let's say I want to chaos a claw weapon. If it had +4luk +60atk +8def +8acc,
so using a chaos scroll, can i get a better def and worse atk? Or it always change every stat to better/worse?
Or chaos scroll only works on 1 stat of the item? Or it always work in every stat, saying chaos scroll will always make it different luk, different atk, different def and different acc.

New MapleStory Screen: Went crazy with max mesos! New MapleStory Video: Maple Mario bros style
Replies
Jun 28 11*
Khaini Xenon 4
Valkaryys
The stats added/subtracted are completely randomized for all stats (minus %-based stats, such as %HP/MP on certain items (Chaos Zakum Helmet, for example)), and sometimes might do nothing at all.

So yes, you could very well end up with more defense and less attack. Or it could remove the LUK entirely and boost the ACC. That's always the risk one submits themselves to when using Chaos scrolls - it's completely random in what it does, and one just has to admit that you don't know what its going to do. Most likely, you'll have a stat move +/- 1~3, as 4/5 are rare, though they do happen. Also, I thought the max was +/- 6... maybe that was an early estimate that was entirely wrong

Finally, it seems added stats (such as added attk on shoes from shoe attack scroll <yes, they exist> aren't affected as often as "native" stats )ie- those already on the item when you first got it, that weren't scrolled on) when using Chaos scrolls. This could just be luck of the draw, but it seems to hold true from the times I've used chaos scrolls.

PS: Before you think it, no, they don't add NEW stats to an item (like say, DEX to the aforementioned claw), nor will there ever be a chance of replacing a stat that was nerfed from the item. So if the LUK was removed from an earlier chaos scrolling, then you'll either have to accept that its not coming back or use claw scrolls to get that LUK back, and then try again.
New MapleStory Screen: Stop Hitting Yourself
Jun 30 11
Bera Buccaneer
iBurnSlimes
Kalsta: The stats added/subtracted are completely randomized for all stats (minus %-based stats, such as %HP/MP on certain items (Chaos Zakum Helmet, for example)), and sometimes might do nothing at all.

So yes, you could very well end up with more defense and less attack. Or it could remove the LUK entirely and boost the ACC. That's always the risk one submits themselves to when using Chaos scrolls - it's completely random in what it does, and one just has to admit that you don't know what its going to do. Most likely, you'll have a stat move +/- 1~3, as 4/5 are rare, though they do happen. Also, I thought the max was +/- 6... maybe that was an early estimate that was entirely wrong

Finally, it seems added stats (such as added attk on shoes from shoe attack scroll <yes, they exist> aren't affected as often as "native" stats )ie- those already on the item when you first got it, that weren't scrolled on) when using Chaos scrolls. This could just be luck of the draw, but it seems to hold true from the times I've used chaos scrolls.

PS: Before you think it, no, they don't add NEW stats to an item (like say, DEX to the aforementioned claw), nor will there ever be a chance of replacing a stat that was nerfed from the item. So if the LUK was removed from an earlier chaos scrolling, then you'll either have to accept that its not coming back or use claw scrolls to get that LUK back, and then try again.

Okay, thank you very much!
New MapleStory Screen: Went crazy with max mesos! New MapleStory Video: Maple Mario bros style
Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login