BasilMarket

Sad Mask
Would you be so kind as to disable your ad-blocker on BasilMarket please? Your support is greatly appreciated.

Need Moar Feedback

Ice / Lightning Arch Mage Forum Talk about Ice/Lightning Wizard, Mage and Arch Mage

Update: Works In Progress:
[url=http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/2130467/0/Training_Guide_Suggestions.html]Training Guide[/url]
[url=http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/2130467/0/Training_Guide_Suggestions.html]PvP Tips[/url]

If you want to post something related to either of those topics, post in those threads instead of here. I'm thinking credits will be given via linking the threads (listing every name takes a lot of space and such), unless there are objections of course.

No joke guys, I rarely get feedback on that guide. But, back to the point of this thread. I feel like further updating that guide, but I'd rather get your opinions on it. No, not: "your guide sucks" or "I love it". What I'm looking for is feedback on sections you would like added (damage ranges, etc), or sections you think are useless and should be removed/cut down in size. Tell me what wordings you think are confusing, yada, yada.

So yeah, I'm bored and I feel like working to make that thing better, but there's no point without your opinions. Speak up guys.
Posted: July 2011 Permalink

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2
I use it a lot. Some things at the top of my head:

* Isn't it true that mastery books can only be found from Secret Mastery Books? In light of that, you should probably remove/update the section on Mastery books
* People seem to commonly ask for help in deciding between TS or EC. I know you've said that due to recent EC changes it's mostly now a matter of personal preferences, but maybe a comparison listing the pros/cons of each would be helpful

* Up to date training spots are always appreciated. Even though LHC is the best source of exp, sometimes I just want to grind - esp. when I can't find a party who'll take me because I'm not a bishop @_@

I'm not sure how efficient this is, but since Ice Strike became multi-hit I've been grinding at Red Wyverns at around level 128 when I don't want to LHC. Because only one hit needs to successfully land for freeze to take place, I can train there without being blasted at constantly despite missing quite a bit because each hit is another chance to freeze.

* Which maps in LHC is it better to use IS than CL, especially given the ice demon changes - since I don't have ID, I just CL spam lol

I'll keep searching through the old threads and see if any questions pop up.

Hmm, have you considered compiling a section for I/L PVP? (For example, you can mention that Freeze works differently in PVP, etc) It's going to be tricky at the moment though because of all the lag...
Jul 20 2011
@ThinClient1603:
* Isn't it true that mastery books can only be found from Secret Mastery Books? In light of that, you should probably remove/update the section on Mastery books
I added something in there for that already, however I intend to keep the droplist for EMSers.

* People seem to commonly ask for help in deciding between TS or EC. I know you've said that due to recent EC changes it's mostly now a matter of personal preferences, but maybe a comparison listing the pros/cons of each would be helpful
Will do.

* Up to date training spots are always appreciated. Even though LHC is the best source of exp, sometimes I just want to grind - esp. when I can't find a party who'll take me because I'm not a bishop @_@
This'll be something that I'll need community help from. Training spots aren't my thing, but I will add a training guide in there given people contribute (and are okay with it).

*I'm not sure how efficient this is, but since Ice Strike became multi-hit I've been grinding at Red Wyverns at around level 128 when I don't want to LHC. Because only one hit needs to successfully land for freeze to take place, I can train there without being blasted at constantly despite missing quite a bit because each hit is another chance to freeze.
Will note that for this. Thanks.

* Which maps in LHC is it better to use IS than CL, especially given the ice demon changes - since I don't have ID, I just CL spam lol
If I get some info, sure thing. I don't really train much and I see myself just PvPing my way up for EXP anymore, so yeah.

*I'll keep searching through the old threads and see if any questions pop up.
Thanks again.

*Hmm, have you considered compiling a section for I/L PVP? (For example, you can mention that Freeze works differently in PVP, etc) It's going to be tricky at the moment though because of all the lag...
Guess I could, but since it's so new it's going to take time (like a training guide).
Jul 21 2011
I think there should be a PvP guide, though wait a bit on making it since the dust hasn't really settled yet.
From my experience so far:
-IS doesn't replace TB for PvP since it has a delay. I found my scores improved significantly when I decided to use it, so I would recommend keeping it on a key, at least through third job, not sure about fourth job yet though.
-Slow is very useful.
-I don't use my single target attack (TS) very often. Maybe its because most of the matches I play are large since everyone wants to try PvP out right now, but I'm rarely in a situation where there is a single target to hit.

-For third job skill build. I think the first point should be in IS instead of Tele Mastery. I find the ability to freeze more useful than the ability to do damage while teleing.
-For second job skill build. I think Medi and MPE should be flipped in light of the Chaos changes that make MPE much less useful. So Big Bang and Chaos build separate?

Also, I would add PvP as a training spot for at least early lv110-120. I would expect its good exp for many other lvl ranges as well though.
Jul 21 2011
@42isawesome:
*I think there should be a PvP guide, though wait a bit on making it since the dust hasn't really settled yet.
Wholeheartedly agree, thank you for your input as well.

*For third job skill build. I think the first point should be in IS instead of Tele Mastery. I find the ability to freeze more useful than the ability to do damage while teleing.
Hm, thanks. I'll consider changing this is more people suggest it.

*-For second job skill build. I think Medi and MPE should be flipped in light of the Chaos changes that make MPE much less useful. So Big Bang and Chaos build separate?
I had noted it in the actual build description IIRC, so I guess I should make it more clear then?
Jul 21 2011
Ice strike is sloooow now. I suggest maxing booster before thunder spear or element comp in third job. You don't need a 1v1 until 110+ anyways.
Jul 21 2011
Ice strike is sloooow now. I suggest maxing booster before thunder spear or element comp in third job. You don't need a 1v1 until 110+ anyways.[/quote]
Another thing listed in the descriptions that seems to go unnoticed. Well, the message is clear here. I'll get to work on making these alternatives more noticeable without making builds confusing then.
Jul 21 2011
XxSluhsiexX Level 209 Bera Luminous 4
Training spots LHC wise: Chain lightning doesn't arc between the platforms at crocks and getting physically hit by a monster = no knockback from magical attack so I prefer using ice strike there. At bears, it depends on the mob. CL only arcs through 3, but it can go between platforms. You have to see how the monsters have stacked up, whether or not CL can reach more than 1. In a large mob, you'll want to attack as many monsters as possible for the most exp; so ice demon + ice strike + elquines is recommended. At golems, multi-hit moves knockback the golem a LOT, so ice strike to keep the monster away from you, then slow, then CL. You'll generally want to stay out of the KB range of their magic attack and there's this neat little spot behind the rope on the 2 platforms where you can spam and not get hit.
Jul 21 2011
@XxSluhsiexX: Thank you.

-Some builds have been updated to be more clear.
-Composition vs. Thunder Spear comparison added.

Now to start working on a training guide and PvP guide...
Anything else you guys would like to see? Damage range section or something?
Jul 21 2011
Add PvP as a training location for like 40 and above, it is absolutely amazing exp.
Jul 21 2011
Add PvP as a training location for like 40 and above, it is absolutely amazing exp.[/quote]
Alright, though I'm going to guess PvP is good for all 40+ players. I even get decent EXP at 160.
Jul 21 2011
Page TopHome 1 2

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.