MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Increase the effect of HP recovery item and skills by 30

MapleStory Forums : General MapleStory : General MS questions and answers

Sep 19 11
Windia Bow Master
Neokins
I recently got this potential on my gloves I get the part where you get 30% more HP recovery thru the use of pots. But what does the "skills by 30%" mean?

pic of the item to clear up the confusion: http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2761/unledwnt.png
MapleStory Screen: Strong machine gloves - ATK 21, DEX 18% MapleStory Video: Chaos Zakum Speed Run (3 min 6 sec)
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2
Sep 19 11
Bera Aran 4
Swirlled
It's basically like the Hermit skill Alchemy.
Say you're using a Barbarian Elixer, you'll get 1500 + 30% HP, meaning 1 Barbarian Elixer will give you 1950 hp.
MapleStory Screen: Insane traits? i think so.
Sep 19 11*
Windia Bow Master
Neokins
Feeling: It's basically like the Hermit skill Alchemy.
Say you're using a Barbarian Elixer, you'll get 1500 + 30% HP, meaning 1 Barbarian Elixer will give you 1950 hp.

yea thats for the 30% HP recovery items but what about the 30% skills? Does this work with apples and extend the use time for apples as well?
MapleStory Screen: Strong machine gloves - ATK 21, DEX 18% MapleStory Video: Chaos Zakum Speed Run (3 min 6 sec)
Sep 19 11*
KradiaGMS F/P Wizard
Fiauntabie
You get 30% additional for healing skills, that's what I'd assume. I have a skill that heals 80% when maxed. I guess if I had that decent line, I'd receive 110% healing.

For your apple question: it seems it only has to do with its HP recovery value, nothing of the timer. So, its not comparable to Alchemy in that way.
Sep 19 11
DemethosGMS Crusader
StonedBlades
KaRnAgE926: yea thats for the 30% HP recovery items but what about the 30% skills? Does this work with apples and extend the use time for apples as well?

Skills that recover HP (such as Drain skills) will recover 30% more HP than normal.
Sep 19 11
Bera Demon Slayer 1
Vend
KaRnAgE926: yea thats for the 30% HP recovery items but what about the 30% skills? Does this work with apples and extend the use time for apples as well?

Considering that Apples are a USE item and not a skill, unfortunately you won't.

If I recall, I thought there was a Potential that said something like "Increases the effect of use items by xx%" in which case it'd take effect on the stat boost, but not the time lapse.
Sep 19 11
Windia Bow Master
Neokins
Management: Considering that Apples are a USE item and not a skill, unfortunately you won't.

If I recall, I thought there was a Potential that said something like "Increases the effect of use items by xx%" in which case it'd take effect on the stat boost, but not the time lapse.

oh so its a useless skill? it basically only affects HP/MP pots?
Sep 19 11*
Bera Demon Slayer 1
Vend
KaRnAgE926: oh so its a useless skill? it basically only affects HP/MP pots?

I did some research. The line you have is the only one that affects skills or potions. Only takes effect on the actual recovery rate or amount, so yeah only HP and MP replenishment.

So, a Red Potion that heals 100 HP would now heal 130 HP.
An Onyx Apple that recovers 90% HP and 90% MP would technically recover 120%, but since you can't recover more than you have, it caps at 100% because it only affects the user. It wouldn't alter the amount of Weapon Attack,Defense, or the 10 minute duration.

A Cleric's Heal restores 300% of their HP to party members:
Cleric has 1,000 Max HP. Hero in Party has 10,000 Max HP
300% of 1,000 is 3,000 HP healed to the Hero per use of the Heal skill.

If a Cleric had the potential:
330% of 1,000 is 3,300 HP healed tot he Hero per use of the Heal skill.

Pretty sure this is how it works.
Sep 19 11
Bera Aran 4
Swirlled
KaRnAgE926: 30% skills? Never heard of that one. o_o
I don't know the answer, sorry. D:
MapleStory Screen: Insane traits? i think so.
Sep 19 11
Bera Demon Slayer 1
Vend
Feeling: KaRnAgE926: 30% skills? Never heard of that one. o_o
I don't know the answer, sorry. D:

It's one line of potential:

"Increases the effect of Recovery Items and Skills by 30%"
Keyword being Recovery, so it won't boost a buff like SE, Rage, Bless, Hyper Body, etc.
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login