• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Comments
Phantom Job Skills and Gameplay
MapleStory Forums : General MapleStory : General MS questions and answers
Dec 10 11
Khaini Corsair
Khanicus
Who else has seen them? Here is a direct quote:

"Now here’s the part you’ve been waiting for, how does the Phantom’s ability to steal skills even work? Well, it’s actually very simple! First, you use your beginner skill Steal Skill. Your mouse will turn into a cross hair, this is called Steal Mode! You must then click on an Adventurer in your map (yup, you can only steal skills from Adventurers)!

Clicking on an adventurer will open up the Target Skill window. This is where you choose which skills you want to steal! There are a couple of drawbacks, you cannot steal passive skills or summons. Also, you can only steal skills from jobs in which you have gotten points into the Talent of Phantom Thief skill.

Once you’re done, you can see your stolen skills by using the Skill Management beginner skill! As you can see, there’s a limited number of skills you can have each job. 4 for first and second job, 3 for third, and 2 for fourth. Once you steal a skill, it will stay with you until you yourself choose to delete it. It doesn’t matter if the target leaves the map, if you log off, or anything! Also, if you ever run out of room for new skills, you can right click one of them and choose Delete.

The level of the skills you steal depends firstly on the level that the person you stole it from had. If they had level 1 Hyper Body, you would only ever have 1 Hyper Body unless you found another Dark Knight to steal it from. Secondly, it depends on your Talent of Phantom Thief skill (each job respectively). If your Talent of Phantom Thief II skill is at level 13 (like mine was in this screenshot), then any skill you stole would be a maximum of level 13, no matter the skill level that the person you stole it from had.

Note, each Talent skill is seperate, they’re not upgrades. You can have all 4 on your keyboard at the same time~

You can choose one of your stolen skills to be set to your skill window. Your Talent skill will then change icons to the skill you choose here! However, if you switch set skills after using it, the first set skill (if it was a buff) will go away (meaning the effects will not be active anymore). For example, if I used Haste then switched my set skill to Magic Claw, my Haste effect would go away.

Stolen party skills will work on party members, and even better, the restriction I stated above about changed skills being nullified does not apply to your party members (their effects WILL stay if you change your set skill), therefore Phantom is the ultimate buff mule! You better choose your favourite 4 first and second job buffs, 3 third job buffs, and 2 fourth job buffs if you’re planning on using one as a mule~"

All credits go to OrangeMushroom and you can check this link:

http://orangemushroom.wordpress.com/2011/12/09/thief-hero-phantom/#more-1863

To see for yourself. I don't know how I feel about this.
Replies
PAGE 1 2
Dec 10 11*
Scania Blade Master
SilvaLau
I have seen it a little while ago and it's epic! I especially love the link skill, 10% critical... Lol

It seems their main weapon will be a cane and their secondary weapon will be cards similar to the Mercedes's Magic Arrow.

Oh and the steal skill sounds awesome xD
But they can only steal adventurer's skill though....
New MapleStory Screen: 200 dual blade range - 255,820-284,244 New MapleStory Video: SilvaLau's Post Unleashed Equipment
Dec 10 11
Broa Aran 4
Alukash
yea too bad they cant steal from everyone but who cares its already so cool also he had on his blog a few posts ago this new weapon animation that look like existing weps but glowing thats what the cane is gonna transform into when he uses atks like hurricane or w/e
New MapleStory Screen: That new hair
Dec 10 11
Khaini Hero
xgrimjowo
Wait so you can only use one skill at a time is what your saying?
Dec 10 11
Broa Blade Master
Sheritin
So I can make my guy a Phantom Night Lord if I were to steal Quad throw. Sounds cool.
New MapleStory Screen: Raven Horn Baselard - LUK 33%
Dec 10 11
Khaini Buccaneer
Mjav
janny1993: I have seen it a little while ago and it's epic! I especially love the link skill, 10% critical... Lol

It seems their main weapon will be a cane and their secondary weapon will be cards similar to the Mercedes's Magic Arrow.

Oh and the steal skill sounds awesome xD
But they can only steal adventurer's skill though....

Their cards are their weapon. The cane just transform into a weapon when you use a stolen attack. E.g. it will transform into a bow if you use hurricane.
Dec 10 11
Scania Wind Archer 4
uRebeI
New PS3/PS4 Screen: New The Division Screenshots! New PS3/PS4 Video: Uncharted 4 Teaser
Dec 10 11
Scania Blade Master
SilvaLau
Miauri: Their cards are their weapon. The cane just transform into a weapon when you use a stolen attack. E.g. it will transform into a bow if you use hurricane.

Do you even know what you are talking about?
If the cards are their weapon, then why are their cards going to the shield slot instead of weapon slot?
If the cards are their weapon, then why do they have cane mastery instead of cards mastery?
New MapleStory Screen: 200 dual blade range - 255,820-284,244 New MapleStory Video: SilvaLau's Post Unleashed Equipment
Dec 10 11
Scania Angelic Buster 4
vetusta
Seems fun. Definetively gonna try it out.
Dec 10 11
Khaini Buccaneer
Mjav
janny1993: Do you even know what you are talking about?
If the cards are their weapon, then why are their cards going to the shield slot instead of weapon slot?
If the cards are their weapon, then why do they have cane mastery instead of cards mastery?

Yes, I do.
Have you seen the skills? Close to all of their attacks are done with cards.
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One