• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Dec 31 11
Broa Bow Master
iKupotastic
Hello, Maplestory works on my laptop perfectly, but when I try to run it on my brother's laptop it won't work. I clicked play from the website and the Hackshield comes up and does it's thing, but then the error message pops up. It says "We are unable to connect to the login server due to a server check, a firewall block or other network issues." I know it's not a server check because I'm able to run Maple on my laptop, and I temporarily disabled the firewall to test that, and it still won't work. Please help!
New MapleStory Screen: The tyrant
Replies
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5
Jan 06 12
Broa Chief Bandit
JOKERRED36
Yeah I don't have anything that says "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" but I disabled my other ports and it still doesn't work. I've tried so many "solutions" around the internet and can't find anything that works
Jan 07 12
Scania Kaiser 4
SynKaiser
I'm having the same issue too Vista 64bit
Jan 07 12
Scania Bowman
TakenOverNow
bovaxness: : I found a fix for the problem, actually. Click on the network icon on the bottom right of the notification area, go to "Open Network and Sharing Center", then go to the left and there will be an option that says "Change adapter settings" and disable the Microsoft loopback adapter. Hope I helped.

I run Vista Home Premium: Where is 'Change Adapter Settings'? Help! D:
Jan 07 12
pomipomi: I run Vista Home Premium: Where is 'Change Adapter Settings'? Help! D:

The loopback adapter is the third line under each xection. Mines says

Local Area Connection 2
Disabled
Microsoft Loopback Adapter
Jan 07 12
Scania Bowman
TakenOverNow
SasukeKillzz: SS Please. D:
Jan 07 12
Bera Demon Avenger 4
Onnixuqt
The loopback fix doesn't work for me gg......
Jan 07 12
Broa Bow Master
iKupotastic
Commonwest that's not it because that's what I do on my laptop and it works fine everytime. And a screenshot of the Microsoft Loopback would be nice.
New MapleStory Screen: The tyrant
Jan 08 12
Bellocan Phantom 4
Variegator
pomipomi: SasukeKillzz: SS Please. D:

Before
Right Click and hit disable
After

New MapleStory Video: Aran/Bowman Dojo
Jan 08 12
Windia Luminous 4
Lusciouslly
I had this exact same problem. This is what I did, uninstall MapleStory, log in on the site and click "Play", then it downloads it for you and it started to work.
Tell me if it works!
Jan 08 12
Renegades White Knight
FancyCamei
Pikachoox33: I had this exact same problem. This is what I did, uninstall MapleStory, log in on the site and click "Play", then it downloads it for you and it started to work.
Tell me if it works!

Is that not the same as downloading the client normally?

I've done almost everything. Disabled and enabled each of my Loopback Adapters, uninstalled and reinstalled Maple, tried the game launcher ,tried with different browsers, and turned off my firewall. The only things left that I can think of would be to completely reset my internet connection, and if that doesn't work, I'll download Maple onto my laptop and see what happens.

Been playing on and off since OB, and I can't think of a time this didn't actually have something to do with the servers being down, which I know they aren't.
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One