MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Using 3 and 5 Star Enhancement Scrolls

MapleStory Forums : General MapleStory : General MS questions and answers

Feb 03 12
Broa Paladin
Dr4gonxLord
What is the best way to use the 3 and 5 star enhancement scrolls? The 3 star Enhancement scroll has an 80% chance of success, and that would equate if you were to use 3 single Advanced Enhancement scrolls (100%/90%/80%). If I were to use this scroll on an item the already had 5 stars, would I still have an 80% chance of success, or would it be a 40% chance due it being the 6th enhancement?

Additionally, if there were 7 Enhancements already on the item, and I was to use a 3 star Enhancement scroll on that item, would a warding scroll (the protection scroll from the cash shop) keep it from booming if it failed? Or would the item be destroyed because it was attempting to add the 8th, 9th, and 10th star.

The same thing applies to the 5 star Enhancement scroll (50% chance of success), but I will not create another wall of text to cover the same ground. Thanks for your insights and help Basil!
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2
Feb 03 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
harukatana
Good question, in my opinion it doesn't matter if it says 80% chance to work, unless it's the first enhancement and the success rate depends on the previous aee's you applied.
MapleStory Screen: Empress
Feb 03 12
Scania Bishop
fairyD
Can't you only use it on an item that wasn't enhanced b4?
MapleStory Screen: Shadow partner
Feb 03 12
Broa Evan 10th Growth
Eragon051
ash1989: Good question, in my opinion it doesn't matter if it says 80% chance to work, unless it's the first enhancement and the success rate depends on the previous aee's you applied.

what he said, unless the % deceases on the sucesses then it should just be 80%
MapleStory Screen: Luminant guild event
Feb 03 12*
Broa Paladin
Dr4gonxLord
Anbulkid1: Can't you only use it on an item that wasn't enhanced b4?

There is no mention in the text of the scroll that it must be used first, so I am assuming that it can be used at anytime.

[EDIT]: I will post a ss of it when I get home from work.
Feb 03 12
Scania Bishop
fairyD
Dr4gonxLord: If that's the case, why don't we see 17 star legit weapons. (12 from shielding wards + 5 from scroll)
MapleStory Screen: Shadow partner
Feb 03 12
Khaini Cannoneer 4
Overburnd
3 and 5 star scrolls bring the item to that number of stars. They don't add 3 and 5 stars.
MapleStory Screen: M.ATK 235 Aeas Hand; new equip system in MapleStory Video: [all classes] 9th anni jq tips
Feb 03 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
harukatana
Isn't 12 the max amount of stars a legit weapon can take?
MapleStory Screen: Empress
Feb 03 12
Broa Night Lord
sinofs3x
It erases all other enhancements.
Feb 03 12
Scania Rogue
Shinkanstab
ash1989: Isn't 12 the max amount of stars a legit weapon can take?

Get it to 11 uses and save the last for a 5-star scroll.
MapleStory Screen: Halfness
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login