MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Has anyone traveled overseas before?

MapleStory Forums : Chat : Talk about topics not related to MS

Feb 09 12
Windia Evan 10th Growth
jaiswag
Traveling is awesome, you get to meet new people, immerse yourself into a different culture and society and it's just... Awesome I guess!
Well... I've only traveled to Vietnam (5 times +) but every time I go there it's an amazing experience. I'm currently in Vietnam right now and tomorrow will be the day I catch my plane and head back to the outback (Australia). I feel really sad that I have to leave because I'll miss the culture of Vietnam and my friends and family and just about everything.

Have you ever traveled? If yes then how was your experience traveling? If not then do you want to travel overseas?

I don't know why I'm making a thread, I guess I just want to hear other people's experiences with their travels so it might somehow make me feel better about leaving Vietnam. I'm probably going to come back next year anyway (not quite sure) so I really shouldn't be so sad about leaving but whutevz.
MapleStory Screen: You don't see this everyday
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2
Feb 09 12
Windia Blade Recruit
katyperry
i've travelled overseas too! once went to germany and it was really fun. we dont have family there but, like you said, travelling is so fun it doesnt really matter. its so fun going to some other random country and just seeing what its like and its people. especially when you make friends for forever! hope we go somewhere this summer too!
i remmbr the feeling of leaving to go back home. it sucked and i felt really sucky when i got back home because i felt i was missing all the fun back in germany but just remmeber its fun everywhere. everywhere has its ups and downs
Feb 09 12
Zenith Blade Recruit
Zanuva
I've travelled to US for the first time (I'm from Europe), and I even met Maple people... Yes, it was awesome. I SO BADLY WANT TO LIVE IN AMERICA
MapleStory Screen: Broke 100k range ~ db
Feb 09 12
KradiaEMS White Knight
Dumb
I've been too different parts of Europe skiing and I went to America once. Haven't been skiing in years but miss it so much.
MapleStory Screen: Gm has a crush on me
Feb 09 12
Yellonde Ranger
Hansode
Yes, France, Japan, Middle East, Latin America... My job is awesome xD

And learning about different places is the best there is out there.
Feb 09 12
Windia I/L Arch Mage
eekmagic
china and japan if we're talking long flights.
I want to go back.
Feb 09 12
Khaini Priest
RoseOfBeast
I travel a lot, but only to places in the United States. I've only went overseas a few times. I went to Pakistan twice..and hated it each time. The air smelled so bad and I wasn't used to the lifestyle. I only spoke English so it was hard to communicate with family and family friends. I couldn't do anything without my mom next to me. Overall, it wasn't the best experience =/ I remember i would ask my mom everyday how much longer we had to stay until we went back to America (I was 9 at that time). I did go to Saudia Arabia recently (2008) and I thought it was one of the best experiences ever! However, I was homesick for most of the trip =/ My parents and oldest sister didn't come. I missed them lots! =(
Feb 09 12
Windia Assassin
xxpandaxsinx
I've only been to Taiwan, but the last time I went there was in December for a 3 week tour. It was an awesome experience because it was with people around my age, when i went there was a total of 197 people aged around 15- 25 from a bunch of countries including Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Guatemala, Indonesia and Brunei. Met so many awesome people from different countries, it was a lot of fun touring Taiwan together

I'd recommend Chinese-speaking people to apply for this tour (because i think that's a requirement). It only costs ~$250AUD/USD for 3 weeks of food and accommodation and the tour guides are really fun, young people too
MapleStory Screen: In memory of magical dagger
Feb 09 12
Windia Evan 10th Growth
jaiswag
Wow you guys sure love to travel. If only I could travel to countries other than Vietnam, it would be a great to be immersed into a different culture. Too bad I'm only a teenager with basically no money on me haha...
Sum1outthere: Gosh I totally know how you feel, there's something about traveling that really makes me happy. I just love viewing the different landscapes of other countries. The other day I went to visit a long expanse of wheat crops and it was just amazing standing there and having your breath taken away.
korotoksuke: May I ask what your job is?
Margarita: I understand, I'm in Vietnam right now and I wanna "go back again" as soon as I can.
ServantOfAllah: Yeah I know how you feel about the air being bad, Vietnam doesn't have the greatest atmosphere either but thank goodness I come to visit the countryside, the air is more fresh there. @_@ Ah homesickness, I don't know why but I never really miss Australia when I go overseas... It's weird. It's like Vietnam is my second home (not that I would want to live there permanently though)
teresa: Oh that sounds like an amazing experience, do you live in Australia perhaps? I wish I could go touring like you but my dad is really uptight so he doesn't really let me 'experience the outside world' a lot, so going to Vietnam is refreshing I guess...
MapleStory Screen: You don't see this everyday
Feb 09 12
Galicia Evan 9th Growth
Lolfwappz2
Went to Hong Kong, The Philippines and Singapore
MapleStory Screen: Weird question marks
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login