MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Mar 07 12
Scania Demon Slayer 4
4thkratos
Hello basil this is GodlyMM here, about to inform you of the malicious DDoS attack. DDoS stands for distributed denial-of-service. Which is what basically happening to nexon at the moment. The way people DDoS, is they either attack from a single computer, or multiple computers. The way they do this is by overloading a server or website with "traffic", Usually a person or company with a big server can handle high traffic amounts. When someone tries to DDoS a server they attempt to make the server either slow down, or crash. This is done by using multiple computers to DDoS and send high amounts of traffic to the server causing it to overload. A single computer isn't considered a DDoS but a DoS attack. I'm pretty sure this is illegal and I have not learned as much as what the consequences are. I learned this in about 20 minutes of researching and this has quite interested me. Since it has been known for rival companies attacking their competitor with a DDoS attack, to basically screw them over. I'm pretty sure a group of hackers are attempting to bring down nexon. No one is safe from DDoS attack, since most firewalls allow port 32 (I believe) which is the access to internet, and if someone would attack from there, they can basically cause your system to crash.
POLL - What a DDoS basically does
47% - Nice information informed me. - - 108 / 227
27% - I'm not the average basiler I knew this already - - 62 / 227
4% - Oh really? - - 11 / 227
20% - C0mPeNzAti0N Plz (why do people think every crash is going to be 3x or 5k mp. - - 46 / 227
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Mar 07 12
Scania Battle Mage 2
Sharp
I hope they find em. Just cuz another company cant get business doesnt mean you cheat...
Mar 07 12
Scania Aran 4
Blanchwolf
Thanks for the wall of text that Nexon summed up in about two sentences...
Mar 07 12
Scania Demon Slayer 4
4thkratos
ohyeahdude It's not that simple, since the hackers are probably using programs to send an excessive amount of traffic toward their server, which technically isn't illegal...
nightstrikez
no where did nexon go into depth of what it was, stop flaming.
Mar 07 12*
Scania Aran 4
Blanchwolf
samstergx: Well, I said thanks, if you haven't noticed.

Considering your thread title of "What a DDoS basically does", Nexon already posted that on their website.

Now if your thread title was "DDoS attacks explained in depth", then I would have no reason for complaint of a misleading title here.
Mar 07 12
Bera I/L Arch Mage
DragonzSage
Your wall of text is filled with superfluous information =/
MapleStory Screen: Made it to 4th job!
Mar 07 12
Broa Battle Mage 4
xTLK
About the only thing they can do is try and track down where these hackers are and take them down in the real world.
Or wait for them to give up.

A DDoS attack is a nightmare for any company.
MapleStory Screen: Valne MapleStory Video: Princess no expedition
Mar 07 12
Scania Dark Knight
hosayince
samstergx: Something important you did not explain is how a DDoS is made. Most DDoS's are done by infecting other computers with a virus that will help you to overload the server through your command. Its like using mind control on a bunch of ants to take down a rat.
MapleStory Screen: Old event item
Mar 07 12
Scania Aran 4
ChainOfLies
thanks for the info! but i still dont know what DDoS stands for and im too lazy to search it
Mar 07 12
Scania Night Lord
idDieForHer
When they find the attackers, can they be put in jail and sued? I was telling my little brother they can, but he disagrees.
MapleStory Screen: Terminus Executioner - ATK 213 MapleStory Video: Official maplestory gms 10k nx challenge. 720 hd Maple Story: I miss sexy iframes on my bucc.
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login