MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Jul 07 12
Scania Evan 9th Growth
xPowerStride
Instead of removing the secondary stats, they should have actually made a good use for them. Your thoughts ?

EDIT:
AyeeRaph: Wow.. Now every thieves dream to be dexless is finally happening... Get ready for the damage hoar apocalypse
haha i remember when everyone wanted to be d4xl3ss
POLL - 2nd Stat Removal Thoughts
36% - Yes - - 26 / 72
63% - No - - 46 / 72
Share this page Twitter Facebook
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Jul 07 12
Renegades Buccaneer
Bradai
Jasonbird1: Its just for empress gear or all gear?

All gear.
Jul 07 12
Broa I/L Wizard
HyperMagi
bubblecup118: I want secondary stats to be useful like pre bb. Nexon Korea is ruining the game, they making it seem like damage is the main aim of the game & spending nx

The former technically is, considering you can't level without killing things. This IS an MMO after all. That said, I wouldn't mind secondary stats to be useful, but they were a burden Pre-BB. Warriors needed a boatload of dex to hit things 20 levels below them, everyone else got accuracy from their main stat. How is THAT fair? I feel secondary stats should complment a character, not force you to take 40% to do anything.

daringwaffle: MagiBombchu: for the average population, this is easy to attain. aside from the bounty hunter badge your looking at about

500 dab
300 htp
600 for all evo.

1.4 bil is hardly an easy thing to get if you don't involve nx, and it's especially difficult for a newer player.

daringwaffle:

Dont forget you can glitch on the empress set anyways if your really having a hard time hitting 170.

Shouldn't have to rely on a glitch.

daringwaffle:

Not to mention if you cant afford that crap you shouldnt be going secondary-statless, try for 40-60

Which 99% of players will tell you to never do, regardless of your status as a player.

daringwaffle:

Legends have been there for months, then came around a few times now, not that hard to catch if you're interested in the link skills. I guess for people JUST starting its an excuse, but other than that, not really.

Go craft a 5 dex belt, go craft dex ears, go craft dex rings, go craft dex everything. not that hard, not even close to as difficult as before. I still get a bunch of all stat from the character card(granted i have a bunch of s ranks and the right sets already)

If you cant afford to get to 170 secondary stat somehow, you shouldnt be considering empress. its the cold hard truth

Obviously, but you speak as if getting all of this is a simple task for everyone.

You'd need 3bil+ to pay for all of that. Despite popular belief, not everyone has 50 bil+ on them.
Jul 07 12
Scania Night Lord
Parasitize
wooooow, my accomplishment for being able to equip an empress claw with a base dex of 4 is suddenly gone
Jul 07 12
Izar Outlaw
PirateEmity
daringwaffle: MagiBombchu: for the average population, this is easy to attain. aside from the bounty hunter badge your looking at about

500 dab
300 htp
600 for all evo.

easy for the general population. heck people will give you htp for a sok half the time.

If you cant afford that then you sure as hell cant afford 200m clean equips*4

Dont forget you can glitch on the empress set anyways if your really having a hard time hitting 170.

Not to mention if you cant afford that crap you shouldnt be going secondary-statless, try for 40-60

Legends have been there for months, then came around a few times now, not that hard to catch if you're interested in the link skills. I guess for people JUST starting its an excuse, but other than that, not really.

Go craft a 5 dex belt, go craft dex ears, go craft dex rings, go craft dex everything. not that hard, not even close to as difficult as before. I still get a bunch of all stat from the character card(granted i have a bunch of s ranks and the right sets already)

If you cant afford to get to 170 secondary stat somehow, you shouldnt be considering empress. its the cold hard truth

Please consider other servers,not every server is able to do this;Example MSEA or EMS.We dont not have Jett updates,the population isnt rich cos crafting and alchemy is rigged
Jul 07 12
Khaini Phantom 4
Scoundrelz
MagiBombchu: so you agree that if you cant afford the cheap gears, you shouldnt be going for empress.
1.4b=about 30k nx. thats cheaper than an xbox game, thats cheper than taking your girlfriend out to dinner.

Nothing wrong with exploiting something that can be used to your advantage if you cant afford to do it w/o a glitch.

New players shouldnt be going for the potentially best gear in the game, so they are kind of irrelavent. why should they get the free boost to get all the best gear?

Crafting is an extremely simple task. thats 3b+if you get empress crap. like i said if you cant afford it, dont even worry about it. if you cant put in the work for it, dont worry abuot it. if you dont wanna put a penny into this game, dont expect to be rocking the top of the line gears.

Obviously people will tell you do go secondary-statless, but any one who understands that its not as simple for people with 100k mesos would see that you need more secondary stat. all my old chars were 60base, then dropped to 45, now i can go dexless completely.

removing secondary stat req takes away part of the game that says you have to work your way up. as Kanye West said: "you gotta crawl 'fore you baaaaaall"
MapleStory Screen: Having fun with xenons+archers
Jul 07 12*
Broa I/L Wizard
HyperMagi
daringwaffle: MagiBombchu: so you agree that if you cant afford the cheap gears, you shouldnt be going for empress.
1.4b=about 30k nx. thats cheaper than an xbox game, thats cheper than taking your girlfriend out to dinner.

What about those poor people who WANT to wear empress in the far future, that don't want to waste money on a ap reset? Not to mention the people who don't know the (few) trustworthy buyers, not to mention the many people who don't like the idea of having to spend money on a "free" game.

daringwaffle: Nothing wrong with exploiting something that can be used to your advantage if you cant afford to do it w/o a glitch.

Ignoring the fact that, yes there is, some people don't glitch out of principle.

daringwaffle: New players shouldnt be going for the potentially best gear in the game, so they are kind of irrelavent. why should they get the free boost to get all the best gear?

They shouldn't, but even more experienced players can't make 3 bil so easily.

daringwaffle: Crafting is an extremely simple task. thats 3b+if you get empress crap. like i said if you cant afford it, dont even worry about it. if you cant put in the work for it, dont worry abuot it. if you dont wanna put a penny into this game, dont expect to be rocking the top of the line gears.

Crafting is simple, getting good stuff that will sell well isn't. If you have to put a penny into this game to get Empress gear then getting it isn't that easy. Sure it's understandable to not get the uber scrolled stuff, but even the clean version is expensive.

daringwaffle:
removing secondary stat req takes away part of the game that says you have to work your way up. as Kanye West said: "you gotta crawl 'fore you baaaaaall"

Potential, scrolling, money making, etc disagrees. Secondary stats don't make sense most of the time in the first place.
Lillianaire:
Whole point is to make it challenging. Now essentially you have to get %(class' stat) to compare who's more funded. I mean, that was already present before, but now that everyone is NOT required to have 2ndary stat, there's gonna be a whole lot of Empress .....ing and everything. It just seems too easy for us older players. For new players, sure it's just SUPPOSED to be easy for them I guess. But this whole game has evolved to being one about funds, and the fact that new players who don't do anything can just wear those equips without even knowing what the game is completely about just makes me frustrated. Everyone will be the same now, not many people can be distinguished by damage anymore, etc. It's now COMPLETELY about the perfect gear all around.

So you're saying secondary stats are nothing but an arbritary limitation to make the game less fun? Funny thing, this game was about funding most of the time. What "IS" this game about for you? I'm curious to know... and no everyone will not be the same. Having the same equipment doesn't make you the same, having Empress gear doesn't make you above everyone who doesn't.

Well, unless you want it to be that way, in which case you cause your own issues really.

Also lol "challenge" in this game.
Jul 07 12
Bera I/L Arch Mage
iFroze2Death
its takes no thinking or planning to apply all ap into primary stat. instead they should make every job's secondary stat requirement equal to their lv. a lv100 thief needs 100 dex to equip an equipment. all other job would stay the same.
MapleStory Screen: Lv.30 owl earring or pendant MapleStory Video: Shadower Skills Post-BB
Jul 07 12
Broa I/L Wizard
HyperMagi
xgaulsmanx: its takes no thinking or planning to apply all ap into primary stat. instead they should make every job's secondary stat requirement equal to their lv. a lv100 thief needs 100 dex to equip an equipment. all other job would stay the same.

The secondary stat needs to actually do something though besides be an arbiritarty limit. Why not make our characters get "bored" after fighting someplace after two hours straight?
Jul 07 12
Bera Evan 9th Growth
xEvan950
question is. why remove them?
Jul 07 12
Bera I/L Arch Mage
iFroze2Death
MagiBombchu: it takes some planning and equips to make a secondary statless character. if they remove secondary stat, anyone out there can be statless. then there wont be a separation between the smart/pro and those who just auto assign everything. we cant take ms as a simple game, it requires some thinking.

they could've make all skills able to be maxed then everyone would hit high damage and nexon can remove AP/SP resets from cash shop.
MapleStory Screen: Lv.30 owl earring or pendant MapleStory Video: Shadower Skills Post-BB
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login