MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Jul 18 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
DorkFaced
Okay so first of all, I'd like to say:
1) My computer has pretty good specs.
2) My friend has the exact same computer, but has no lag at all whatsoever.
3) My internet it fine
4) YES i have put everything to lowest quality... (90% of the answers is this)
5) I have lots of space on my computer, only 1/4 of it is being used
6) It lags every 2 seconds or so for a split second.

So is there any solution to this problem? I've seen quite a few of people with the same problem as me,
but NOBODY has yet given a solution to fix this problem that actually works

Any help will be appreciated
MapleStory Screen: Noob hunting in ereve
Share this page Twitter Facebook
New thread Replies
Jul 18 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
DorkFaced
^That makes no sense... What do you mean by start run and cmd? please be a little more specific :O
Jul 18 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
DorkFaced
I've tried it and nothing happens thanks anyways though
Jul 18 12*
Windia F/P Arch Mage
FantomeFlame
First thing to do is run a full scan of your computer with your regular anti-virus program, and when that finishes do a complete scan with "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware".
Many types of viruses and spyware can slow your computer down and interfere with the performance of other programs (like games like Maplestory).

The next thing to check is to see what "background processes" are running on your computer. Many programs you install will themselves install things that run all the time in the background, using up your computer's CPU power and RAM, and again making other programs (like games) run slower.

Do the Start--> Search for "command prompt", click on "cmd" and when it opens a black window type in: msconfig and then press Enter.
Click the "Startup" tab and look at the things listed there. Everything with a check next to it is running ALL THE TIME and using up your computer power.

Go down the list and use the name under "Startup Item" and the location under "Command" for each line to figure out exactly what each thing does. If necessary you can Google the name under "Startup Item" to find out what it is. UNcheck any item that doesn't sound useful (don't worry, you can always go back and check the items again if it turns out to be something you actually use), then click OK and restart your computer. When the computer starts up it will show a box that says you made changes to msconfig- just check the box that says "Don't tell me about this again" and it will go away.

Then try Maplestory again without all that stuff running and see if it helps.

An example of this kind of unnecessary "background process" is Adobe Reader- when that's installed, it installs a Startup process that partially loads Adobe Reader just in case you decide you want to open a PDF file. If you never open PDF files, that's wasting CPU power and RAM to have that running all the time and loaded.
Other programs do the same kind of thing. Another thing you often see on that list is utility programs for your video card. They let you easily make changes in the video card settings by clicking an icon in the taskbar tray. But again, if you never adjust the video settings, it's a waste to have those things running all the time. You can always start the video card adjustment program from the Programs menu.

You can also try a program like "Game Booster" which can stop background processes while you play a game. It may not make any real difference on a fast computer, but if there's something on your computer that's not on your friend's maybe it would help if it can stop whatever is slowing you down while you play.
Jul 19 12
Scania Blade Master
Trexous
I'd probably just reformat and get it over with. Your friend has the same specs and isn't experiencing any lag.. so reformating should help.. has to do with stuff that's running.
MapleStory Screen: The hardest quest, complete! Maple Story: She said ooo ooo shut up and dance with me

Register / login

You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login