MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Questions on cards for mages

MapleStory Forums : Mage : Magician questions and answers

Jul 27 12
Khaini Bishop
Dimei
Ok... so I have a few questions about the Blaze Wizard card effect and the Magical Storm (3 Magician Cards) effect.

So first, in Basil says that the effect is M.ATK per level increased by some %, with a B grade card you get 2% and with an A card you get 4%, but in the game says and I quote:

MapleStory: Magic damage +0.5 per character level

(note that with an A graded card you get "Magic damage +1 per character level" )

I guess that the basil info is wrong, so how does the Blaze Wizard card works then?

Now, second question, the set of 3 magician cards gives (according to Basil):

basilmarket: Magical Storm 3 ~ Magician Cards MP ~ bonus damage increase by some % according to the grade of the card

In game says:

MapleStory: Unique Deck effect 'Magical Storm(S)' activated ~ *8% of Max MP added as additional damage

So according to Basil I have an Grade S "Unique Deck effect", so how does that work regardless of the number before the %?

yeah... thnx in advance
MapleStory Screen: Empress is occupied MapleStory Video: KMST[1.2.434] Lv.126 Battle Mage Vs Future Tokyo Boss
Share this page Twitter Facebook
New thread Replies
Jul 27 12
Broa Bishop
Javijapl1
snowboy8: You know you can not get a cygnus A rank card right? they cap at B rank.

You are wrong. They cap at A because Rank B is for 30-69 and Rank A is 70-119
MapleStory Screen: Subani's mystic cauldron - m.atk 200buff MapleStory Video: Post-RED Bishop Bossing
Jul 27 12*
Bellocan F/P Wizard
LastMeteor
Psydei: Ok... so I have a few questions about the Blaze Wizard card effect and the Magical Storm (3 Magician Cards) effect.

So first, in Basil says that the effect is M.ATK per level increased by some %, with a B grade card you get 2% and with an A card you get 4%, but in the game says and I quote:

(note that with an A graded card you get "Magic damage +1 per character level" )

I guess that the basil info is wrong, so how does the Blaze Wizard card works then?

Now, second question, the set of 3 magician cards gives (according to Basil):

In game says:

So according to Basil I have an Grade S "Unique Deck effect", so how does that work regardless of the number before the %?

yeah... thnx in advance

1. Blaze Wizard is like the I/L one, except it caps at rank A instead of rank S at 120.
+damage/level is exactly that. If you have a level 120 BW, and it gives +1 damage/level, you'll gain 120 to your damage range.
2. Has to be 3 characters. You have a S ranked Bishop card atm. That gives 15% MP potion effect increase.
If you have two other Mage characters, and adding all of their levels together and dividing by 3 gives an average level of 120 or more, you'll get the S rank "Magical Storm" effect that gives 8% of MP to damage range. And whatever individual bonuses the other cards have.

However, you won't get the "3 S card" effect, which is 700 HP/MP, 3 ATK/MATK and 3% bossing unless all 3 of the Mages are 120 or more, which means in your scenario that the average level of the 3 Mages would be over 120.
Jul 27 12
Windia Ranger
Chakiik
The Blaze Wizard Effect is +1 magic damage (the daage range, not M.Atk) per level of the CHARACTER that is going to receive the effect. KoC's ranks cap at A.
To receive the 'same-rank-card effect" It will take the highest rank that the 3 cards have achieved, e.g. You have a B, and A and an S card... you will receive the Rank B effect. when that card reaches rank A... then the Card Set effect will go up to rank A.

The Magical storm effect converts some % of the character's MP that is receiving the buff to damage range. If it's rank A (6%) let's say you have 20k mp, that means your range will go up 1,200 points.

I hope this helps you to clear that up ^^
Jul 28 12
Khaini Bishop
Dimei
Ohhhh I see, thnx a lot guises
MapleStory Screen: Empress is occupied MapleStory Video: KMST[1.2.434] Lv.126 Battle Mage Vs Future Tokyo Boss
Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login