bzl.co

Add a thread

how to use a ps3 controller?

Sony Forum Talk about Sony PS3, PS4, Vita

akibari Level 152 Bera Kaiser 4
Whenever I connect my ps3 controller to my laptop and go to joypad settings on maplestory I click "defult" and nothing happens o-o. My controller can't move my aran D: how do I fix this?
Posted: August 2012 Permalink
TwitterFacebook Replies: 14

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2
you gotta configure the controls dawg
Aug 05 2012
SkyBreak Level 205 Scania Paladin
xpadder.
Aug 05 2012
jamerican Level 195 Bera Phantom 4
I dont think most comps have the drivers for ps3 controllers. Theres this program called MotionInjoy or something (google it you cant miss it). You can use that to hook up your controller and it gives you easy button mapping.

Hope this helps
Aug 05 2012
Xbox controllers and joysticks(I don't even think people own those anymore, mine is ontop of a shelf through inches of dust.) can be used on maple with no problem.

If you want to use that controller, you need to find programs that can allow you to.
Aug 05 2012
powerguy121 Level 226 Scania Blade Master
@skybreak
He got it. You need xpadder, then you have to set the buttons. I'll take a picture of my controller.
[url=www.google.ca/search?q=xpadder+v5.6+download]Here[/url] is the program
Also, here is my set up for my controller: here
Aug 05 2012
If you want to use a PS3 controller on your computer, you have to install a program to configure it, even tho i don't know if you can't use it to play Maple.
Aug 05 2012
SirMagicX Level 200 Windia Blade Master
I actually know the correct answer for this! The best program you want to get is ControllerMate very nice you can assign anything to any of the keys! there is also templates they people make that you can put in!
Aug 05 2012
akibari Level 152 Bera Kaiser 4
@skybreak
He got it. You need xpadder, then you have to set the buttons. I'll take a picture of my controller.
[url=www.google.ca/search?q=xpadder+v5.6+download]Here[/url] is the program
Also, here is my set up for my controller: here[/quote]

I tried downloading it but it says "unsupported windows detected"
Aug 05 2012
mapinguy Level 182 Scania Zero Transcendent Revive Guild
You first have to configure the buttons..... Use xpadder.
Aug 05 2012
Stimlexa Level 200 Windia Blade Master
I dont think most comps have the drivers for ps3 controllers. Theres this program called MotionInjoy or something (google it you cant miss it). You can use that to hook up your controller and it gives you easy button mapping.

Hope this helps [/quote]

This has been the only correct answer. Xpadder is useless if the OS doesn't recognize the controller.
Aug 05 2012
Page TopHome 1 2

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.