MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Jan 20 13
Scania Blade Master
AznBladeBoi
what is the first boss for root abyss? Who do i fight first? Also, any tips and fighting the bosses?
Maple Story: I won 40mil from a quiz contest
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2
Jan 20 13
Broa Wild Hunter 2
swagsohigh
the queen I think
MapleStory Screen: Monster Life coming to GMS? MapleStory Video: Revamped bowmaster doing azwan
Jan 20 13
Windia Battle Mage 4
VirginYuki
If you read the text it clearly said to fight the one with the clock over the door.
Jan 20 13
Bera Xenon 4
GUlN
virgindrinks: If you read the text it clearly said to fight the one with the clock over the door.
The text also says something about the first seal which doesn't have a clock over the door.
Jan 20 13
Arcania Cannoneer 4
MangoCoffee7
virgindrinks: If you read the text it clearly said to fight the one with the clock over the door.

Which is the chicken, Von Bon. Another tip, duck when he uses the projectiles, not sure if it's a set 1 hit kill attack but everyone I've seen get hit by it dies so... watch out.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but could someone answer two questions I've been wondering about since I'm kinda a newb to Root Abyss?

1. Can you only fight one of the bosses daily, or once per boss daily? In other words, if I chose to fight Von Bon, could I fight Pierre that same day?
2. Do you have to kill the bosses in order to unlock the next? Or could I fight Pierre without having to fight Von Bon first, for example?
MapleStory Screen: Xenon hideout
Jan 20 13*
Scania Battle Mage 4
andylong1999
Von Bon: Keep him away from white clocks
Pierre: Don't attack him when you are wearing the same color hat as him. When he goes underground keep running around since he will come up and 0ko you.
Crimson Queen: Don't attack her when she has a red shell around her. When it looks like shes inhaling purple air, run behind her since its a 0ko attack.
Bellum: Run away from yellow circles on the floor and attack quickly when he pops up.

Von Bon and Pierre reset every 24 hours and Vellum resets midnight. Crimson Queen is glitched right now.
The first boss I went to was Pierre so I think you can skip bosses.
Jan 20 13
Broa Zero Transcendent
SillyZero
Von Bon (the chicken) is the first boss : His specialty is to disrupt time, summoning out light, and dark clocks. If you were to stand in light, the timer will drastically decrease (like by 5 ~ 20 seconds each second). But if you were to stand in the dark clock, the timer will increase. So the trick of this boss is to get him away from light clocks, and lure him to dark so you have no pressure of timer being over.

The attacks you have to be careful are his orb shoot, cane slam, and wingbeat. All these attacks deal true damage and may usually cause instant kill. But all these attacks have special sound and animation prior to activation. For his orb shoot, he would whirl his cane and a distinct sound will be given off, allowing you to see when he will use it. You can either jump, run away, duck, or just go to the opposite side (the orb only shoots one way). You can also see a flying orb hurtling toward you and just dodge it. One thing to note about this attack is it's VERY WIDE, so if you are to revive or buff, please be wary of his orb.

2nd attack, Cane Slam, is where he slams his cane and deals damage to on all the ground at that time. To dodge, wait till he jumps into the air and a distinct sound will be heard (different from orb shoot), then just jump.

3rd attack, his most annoying, wingbeat. He'll teleport to a different place, flapping his wings (if you are to get close to him, you'll be dealt with true damage and knocked back). Then after he's done, he'll do an orb shoot attack. This is skill is the most annoying as during the time of his wingbeat, he can't be hit (unless you have a ranged) and he usually teleports to places where people buff themselves / hide / just revived, and he abuse it constantly. The good thing is that he only uses this skill when he's almost out of health.

That's all for Von Bon, I'll maybe add Pierre later
Jan 20 13
Broa Kaiser 4
WiLdTurtie
you can figure out pierre easily enough after a few tries. pierre can make you wear a hat and you heal him if your hat is the same color as his. he also makes these clown hats fall from the sky (with warning markers). if one hits you, you have to press right and left arrow keys rapidly or you'll be ohko'd in a few seconds. and when he's low hp he will turn into this orange spinning thing moving left or right and leaving behind flames that deal lots of damage if you stand in them. he's probably the easiest boss though because von bon has a lot more high hitting attacks that alway hit for 90% of your max hp or more.

i still have lots of trouble because most idiots that invite me to party don't even know what they're doing. my first time i said j>first boss and the party went to pierre. 100k key wasted. in 70% of other runs, half the party leaves and everyone reaches their 5 deaths before the boss is 3/4 hp. and my damage is pitiful. and another time this one kid invited me and went into vellum even though i said j>first or second boss. wasted another 100k key. point is, don't do root abyss now because most people are idiots and might take you into the wrong boss or enter and leave the party.
MapleStory Screen: 163 blade master capping with 36k range MapleStory Video: Double Pianus Spawn
Jan 20 13*
Bera Battle Mage 4
iBonkedPingu
MangoCoffee: Which is the chicken, Von Bon. Another tip, duck when he uses the projectiles, not sure if it's a set 1 hit kill attack but everyone I've seen get hit by it dies so... watch out.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but could someone answer two questions I've been wondering about since I'm kinda a newb to Root Abyss?

1. Can you only fight one of the bosses daily, or once per boss daily? In other words, if I chose to fight Von Bon, could I fight Pierre that same day?
2. Do you have to kill the bosses in order to unlock the next? Or could I fight Pierre without having to fight Von Bon first, for example?
1. I believe it was you can kill each boss once a day. So in a day you can fight each boss at least once, but you'll have to wait another 24 hours to kill again.

kill. not fight. So you can go try again if you fail the first, second, sixth, 800808324th time.
as for 2, it seems you don't have to go in order.
Jan 20 13*
DemethosGMS Dawn Warrior 3
BIessingSouI
sillybrother: Von Bon (the chicken) is the first boss : His specialty is to disrupt time, summoning out light, and dark clocks. If you were to stand in light, the timer will drastically decrease (like by 5 ~ 20 seconds each second). But if you were to stand in the dark clock, the timer will increase. So the trick of this boss is to get him away from light clocks, and lure him to dark so you have no pressure of timer being over.

The attacks you have to be careful are his orb shoot, cane slam, and wingbeat. All these attacks deal true damage and may usually cause instant kill. But all these attacks have special sound and animation prior to activation. For his orb shoot, he would whirl his cane and a distinct sound will be given off, allowing you to see when he will use it. You can either jump, run away, duck, or just go to the opposite side (the orb only shoots one way). You can also see a flying orb hurtling toward you and just dodge it. One thing to note about this attack is it's VERY WIDE, so if you are to revive or buff, please be wary of his orb.

2nd attack, Cane Slam, is where he slams his cane and deals damage to on all the ground at that time. To dodge, wait till he jumps into the air and a distinct sound will be heard (different from orb shoot), then just jump.

3rd attack, his most annoying, wingbeat. He'll teleport to a different place, flapping his wings (if you are to get close to him, you'll be dealt with true damage and knocked back). Then after he's done, he'll do an orb shoot attack. This is skill is the most annoying as during the time of his wingbeat, he can't be hit (unless you have a ranged) and he usually teleports to places where people buff themselves / hide / just revived, and he abuse it constantly. The good thing is that he only uses this skill when he's almost out of health.

That's all for Von Bon, I'll maybe add Pierre later

Im not sure if the Von Bon section is fully correct, Von Bon has to be the one standing on the clocks for time to change, and it goes in increments of 8 seconds per second, up or down. Excluding that, he seems to be correct.
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login