MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Reverting to old auction system

MapleStory Forums : Site talk : Talk about BasilMarket

Feb 02 13
Broa Jett 4
mrbasil
Greetings Basilers,

After much fracas I've decided to revert back to the old auction system. It seemed that despite my best intentions people hugely preferred the old method.

After some discussion with Basilers it was decided that it would be better to allow a meso input box and an item dropdown. Ultimately, I came to realize that this was basically what we had, albeit with some missing functionality that people weren't as interested in as I thought they'd be.

Bear with me while I convert the links back. We can revisit updating the auction system to allow for the addition of offering an item in the future.

Thanks for your feedback and patience.
MapleStory 2 Screen: MapleStory2 PVP MapleStory 2 Video: Maplestory2 customization Maple Story: Wow, really liking the sound of the #GMSv15 change...
POLL - Reverting to old auction system
91% - It's for the better - - 654 / 711
8% - I preferred the newer system - - 57 / 711
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Feb 02 13
Broa Blade Master
ToyDualer
Oh this is good I liked the old auction system better.
MapleStory Video: V150 patch analyses
Feb 02 13
Scania Luminous 4
HidingLumi
Yes the old was indeed better.
MapleStory Screen: Giant GM in Scania
Feb 02 13
Windia Phantom 4
phantomkiig
Good
MapleStory Screen: Prison Guard Ani soul MapleStory Video: Dsi maplestory gameplay
Feb 02 13
Windia Zero Transcendent
Velerae
I think the reason most of us prefer the old fashioned way is because
we can use the meso offers as a quick "price check" when we don't know most of the items.
As for the item offering, that would be interesting if the seller had an option to either only accept mesos, only items or both.
But maybe it should be a sub-part to the auctioning system, like an "Item for item TRADING" , different than the main "auctions".

Just a thought/suggestion.
Thanks for all your work Mr Basil !
MapleStory Screen: Dragonception MapleStory Video: Gms easy attendance farming 1min
Feb 02 13
Scania Aran 4
AranDannyX
Yes, i love the old auction system
Suggestions: Having the old system back with a second addition for Trading
like the page will be split in two, where left side is the old system, while the right side is the new system.
and the owner of the item can see both sides a auto win which ever one he would like
thoughts?
Feb 02 13
Broa Night Lord
Ryuferno
mrbasil:
I guess you gotta give the people what they want ; I actually didn't mind the new system.
Thanks mr.b
MapleStory Screen: Dodo v/s dodo
Feb 02 13
Mardia Brawler
Avaaast
Could we have an option to make the auction last forever/not end. I liked that feature.
MapleStory Screen: Fangblade isn't banned
Feb 02 13
Scania Corsair
Attent
It was a lot easier to navigate, find things and bid with the old system. It was an interesting to see a new take on it, but in the end most people were just used to the old system.
MapleStory Screen: Vip bow - atk 192, 50% boss
Feb 02 13
Broa Aran 4
AznxAranx
Yes, I liked the old one better because the feedback system encouraged more trades to happen much quickly.
MapleStory Screen: Bain long bow!
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login