MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Mar 25 13
ElNido Marksman
EclipseCross
Hiya! I've just got some various, general questions I'd like to the Marksmen Community.

1). I'm currently leveling a CK in the hopes to make my new Marksmen an Ultimate Adventurer... do you deem this prudent? (The reason I ask is because after searching tirelessly, I still haven't found any answers of the whole 'UA's having less HP than normal Explorers' dispute and I know how HP is quite a big deal for Marksmen later on). Which brings me to my next question... ANSWERED: I WENT WITH ULTIMATE ADVENTURER. Everything seems fine with the HP; upon making the character, I was given a Cygnus HP boost which brings me up to par with normal Marksmen HP for my level(s) - the lack of slots really sucks though.

2). How is survivability as a Lv150+ Marksmen whilst bossing (Hilla, Empress, and all the like) and SDH/HoHing? Do you find yourself getting hit harder than other classes? Are there any remedies to this besides buying more %HP equips? ANSWERED: With AutoHP, almost anything is possible. That is all.

3). How is mobility as a Lv150+ Marksmen? As a previous DB player, I'm heavily reliant on speed and zippyness! I am aware that MM's have an FJ skill but is training overall a rather speedy ordeal? Or is this some delay? (Compare it to zippy classes). ANSWERED: Nothing like DBs (after Hyper Skills) but my MM is zippy and very fast: I have a passive haste and my Flash Jump is great after 140+

4). How much (really) does it take to fund a Marksman with at least 100%+ DEX? Do you find it hard to obtain %DEX equipment?
ANSWERED: %Dex is actually pretty cheap.. it's just tough to find.

5). How do you like the damage/the class diversity overall? Do you look at other classes' damage and wish your Marksman was a stronger class? Do you love your Marksman with a burning passion to the point where nothing deters you?
ANSWERED: I like this Marksmen, a lot. I really do... Piercing shot is hard to manage though, and the HP is too. I'll update this more when I boss later on.

I know these questions are pretty broad, but answer them as best you can!

Thank you so much, and if you have any other tips/Marksmen related comments, by all means!
MapleStory Screen: Nexus - #19
Share this page Twitter Facebook
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2 3 4
Mar 25 13*
Scania Wind Archer 4
Liable
1) No, in the sense that it will not benefit you much as a MM to be a UA/UE (you will not find much use for your UE skill as a MM). Yes in the sense that you have a Cygnus to lvl 120 which will give you 24 attack.

2) I have no eprsonal experience but they fair well compared to the archer classes and perform better than classes such as sairs.

3) You'll feel like a snail. The double jump you get has more vertical lift but you don't really propel forward as much as other flash jump variants.

4) I'm not certain with this one but Bowman %DEX equipment are cheaper than others. Note that %DEX accessories may not be as cheap due to AB.

5) I'm a Mercedes main. I can't answer this because my burning passion belongs truly to Mercedes.
MapleStory Screen: Secondary stat MapleStory Video: Lvl 200 Bishop vs Pap
Mar 25 13*
Broa Battle Mage 4
Mogaineum
1. No, less HP and inventory slots will be terrible. Also, the wind archer skill isn't that great, it easily gets replaced by blizzard + eruption later on. Do it for the buff though!

2. Terrible. With link skills, character cards, a good amount of HP stuff, I was able to get 10.2k HP, which is a nice hefty amount of HP, but it makes it hard to pot while holding on to piercing arrow. Overall, there will be a huge potion drain. Zakum, easy. CZakum, could be iffy. Hillia, Easy. Horntail, only survived it once out of three runs as a marksman, and I had to get revived that one time. I haven't done other runs as a MM, so I can't tell, but I guess that gives you a good benchmark into the future. SDH is almost impossible to do, one lag spike and you're dead if you don't have more than 12k+ HP. Puppet helps, but it dies every 5 seconds. I've never done HoH, so I can't say that from experience.

3. Double Jump is pretty slow, it has a slow movement speed, especially compared to theive's flash jumps.

4. Their damage formula isn't that great. I would recommend going non-empress on an xbowman, but overall, it's hard to pull off good damage, even with good funding.

5. I made my marksman in 2007 and played it up until the middle of the tempest patch, where I quit him for a phantom. My main reason why I made him was because I thought strafe was, and still is, the illest move ever. Seeing how in the future, it would be replaced with ulti snipe, how our overall defense is terrible without good funds (to get hyperbody and more investments into defense), and how people no longer needed me for boss runs (everyone solo's everything now), I finally quit him...
Maple Story: Poor man's guide to mesos. Part I. So if you're...
Mar 25 13
Broa Marksman
WispOfFlame
1. UA Marksman is pointless. There is absolutely 0 advantage in having a UA Marksman.

2. HP is seriously terrible. I have done everything (EVERYTHING) to increase HP short of cubing for %hp or doing anything that would reduce my damage.

3. Not great. Low compared to other classes. DJ is a slow skill with a medium movement range.

4. Damage is good and with good funding, you can boost damage quite a lot. But unfunded damage is low.

5. Played MM since beginning of '06 (same char). I spent ages rolling perfect stats on the dice. I've done every event on this char, have all untradeable equips from rewards and completed nearly every single quest in the game. I quite several times in between for many years though. Yeah, I think some other classes have broken damage (OP), but I don't really play enough anymore to want to start another main. MM 4 life.
Mar 26 13
Windia Bow Master
ReaI
1. making an UA marksman is pointless as others have stated before me...

2. the hp of a marksman and bowmaster aswell, is indeed an issue. however it can be maintained:

*HP pet is worth the extra buck.
*lvl 60+ willpower
*kaiser link skill.
*3 set empress for 15% hp
*some random %hp on cubed gear
*puppet to absorb 20% dmg
*those new potion pots can keep you alive in 100% of the training areas including like 90% of the bosses (havn't tried it with magnus or empress yet)
end of thinking capacity...

3. indeed the DJ isn't as effective as DBs ABs etc... if you manage to get maximum speed and jump it becomes more than decent.

4. it was pretty cheap really, till ABs and Mercs came along. still, bowman empress / tyrant are the cheapest even scrolled and cubed.
xbows however inflate in price but they are still one of the cheapest weapons i guess.

5. pretty much like every other job, you either like it or you dont.
don't expect to like it just because they say they will be one of the strongest. it wont matter and it wont keep you playing one.

i personally, like its mobbing ability a lot. makes you go for the big mobs.
i like the fact that you can avoid being 1/1ed with puppet.
i liked its avoid skills.

my main char used to be a bm, played one since my first maple days till a year a go when i decided to make a marksman for fun.

i decided to play it without any funding to see if i find it enjoyable by its own. and i did.
every single time i kill a boss i keep saying to myself "Dam, i love this char"

my 0.02$
Mar 26 13
ElNido Marksman
EclipseCross
Wow... these responses...

I thought I was going to be hearing great things about Marksmen but ya'll make it seem like they're not a class worth making.
Mar 26 13
Bera Noblesse
KentacIes
I would just make a regular marksman, Im level 160 and i have no problem dying at bosses, autohp does come in handy if you can get it. I find mobility no problem at all, but it wouldnt jump as far as dbs. damage wise, im at 120k range clean, its costly because AB also uses % dex, but im loving it as far as damage goes, i have no problem killing monsters or bosses.
MapleStory Screen: Sweetwater Crossbow - ATK 168 MapleStory Video: Night walker hell gollux
Mar 26 13
Khaini Battle Mage 4
Khymerian
Wow, this is depressing.

I was all gung-ho to get my Marksman to 200 this morning, and now I just want to sell all my stuff and curl up in a ball.
Mar 26 13
Broa Marksman
FIorange
jjohnson10: Wow, this is depressing.

I was all gung-ho to get my Marksman to 200 this morning, and now I just want to sell all my stuff and curl up in a ball.
You're tell me you are almost level 200 and didn't notice any of the mentions from the above until now?
MapleStory Screen: Moustache manliness
Mar 27 13
ElNido Marksman
EclipseCross
Kentacle: I would just make a regular marksman, Im level 160 and i have no problem dying at bosses, autohp does come in handy if you can get it. I find mobility no problem at all, but it wouldnt jump as far as dbs. damage wise, im at 120k range clean, its costly because AB also uses % dex, but im loving it as far as damage goes, i have no problem killing monsters or bosses.

Yeah, I'd have access to AutoHP.
My main concern is survivability during bossing.. With autoHP, you don't have trouble Hillaing/Empressing/SDHing or HoHing?

Real:
i decided to play it without any funding to see if i find it enjoyable by its own. and i did.
every single time i kill a boss i keep saying to myself "Dam, i love this char"

Your previous explanations kind of gave me the impression that Marksmen isn't the best course! I'm confused

Masinko: Terrible. With link skills, character cards, a good amount of HP stuff, I was able to get 10.2k HP, which is a nice hefty amount of HP, but it makes it hard to pot while holding on to piercing arrow. Overall, there will be a huge potion drain. Zakum, easy. CZakum, could be iffy. Hillia, Easy. Horntail, only survived it once out of three runs as a marksman, and I had to get revived that one time. I haven't done other runs as a MM, so I can't tell, but I guess that gives you a good benchmark into the future. SDH is almost impossible to do, one lag spike and you're dead if you don't have more than 12k+ HP. Puppet helps, but it dies every 5 seconds. I've never done HoH, so I can't say that from experience.

I made my marksman in 2007 and played it up until the middle of the tempest patch, where I quit him for a phantom. My main reason why I made him was because I thought strafe was, and still is, the illest move ever. Seeing how in the future, it would be replaced with ulti snipe, how our overall defense is terrible without good funds (to get hyperbody and more investments into defense), and how people no longer needed me for boss runs (everyone solo's everything now), I finally quit him...

Dang... that's a sad sorry...
What if I were to have autoPot, would that change much? And jeez, I'm getting so many conflicting reviews on the Marksmen class. You say that survivability is incredibly hard but others say they have no problem with it... I'm ambivalent about everything.

jjohnson10: Wow, this is depressing.

Same dude... same.
PAGE 1 2 3 4

Register / login

You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login