MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Apr 05 13
Broa Mechanic 4
TehResisting

Table of Contents

What is the Evolving System?
Starting
Cons of the System
Coins
Cores
Unique Cores
Empress Shoulder & Bossing
Unlocking Links
Medal Evolution Master

What is the Evolving System?

Gelimer made an experiment to let Lotus to leave his test tube. When Lotus was free, he attacked Orchid and left her almost dead. When she recovered, she left the Black Wings and joined the Resistance. Claudine tells you about this, and you are asked to go to Gelimer's Lab to find out information.
You can change the maps and monsters around by gaining cores from the shop or by drops inside the Evolving World itself. There are cores for monster level, hp, spawn increase, skin, background music, the background itself, party exp, extra monsters, drop rate, ores and herbs, potential equips, and armor and weapon drop increase. The stronger the monsters, the more EXP they give (level and HP)

Starting

Get to level 100 or above
You start the Evolving System by starting the quest "Suspicious Movement on the Path."
You get to this quest by clicking on the new event icon on the left side of the screen that looks like one of the experimental tanks used by Gelimer, the lead scientist of the Black Wings.
Once you complete the explanation story line of the Evolving System, you'll be able to enter the Evolution Lab by taking the Dimensional Mirror.

Cons of the System

5 Entries a day for 30 minutes each
If you die while in there, you are kicked out and lose one entry.
Some event items may not drop inside
No event quests will be shown (at left) so you can't complete holding 30 minutes or other quests
Event items may not work (i.e. Golden Bell for the Jewel Crafting event)
You cannot resell cores
You need to farm the better cores

Coins

You get coins from completing quests or looting them from monsters. They are used to buy cores/items from Vendor C-2.
All the items are untradeable and the 60% scrolls are only able to be used on level 100-120 eqps (stuff from the world)
The items you can obtain with coins that are not cores are..
ES Square (Pocket, 2 All, ATK, MATK)
Armor for STR/DEX/INT/LUK 60% (+4)
1H WATK/MATK (+3)
2H WATK/MATK (+3)
Adventurer's secondary equipment
Cannoneer/Aran/Evan secondary equipment
Wild Hunter/Battle Mage secondary equipment
Cygnus Knights secondary equipment
Advanced Potential Scroll
Potential Scroll
Advanced Equip Enhancement Scroll
Equip Enhancement Scroll
Advanced Potential Slot Carver
Mystery Mastery Book

Cores

There are all sorts of cores, you can obtain them from
1) Completing quests in the Evolving World
2) Purchase them from Vendor C-2 in the Evolving Lab
3) Looting from monsters in the Evolving World
The cores currently available are..
Monsters' Level: +3, +4, +5, +7, +9, +10
Monsters' HP: 1.2x, 1.5x, 5x, 10x, 20x
Monster Population: +20%, +30%, +50%, +70%, +100%
Monster Skin: Classic, Fairy, Ghost, Animal, Plant, Thief, Giganto
Background Music: Opening, Dream, Darkness, Snow Drop, Dancing with the Moon, Wind and Flower, Cygnus, Rising Star, there are more. If you know, PM me
Background: Tranquil Moonlight, Outer Space, Omega Sector, Neo City, Empress Road, Elven Forest, Desolate Moor, there are more. If you know, PM me
Party EXP: +5%, +10%, +15%
Threat Fabrication (Extra Mobs): Manon, Pianus, Griffey, Empress, Oz, Irena, Hawkeye, Mihile (Mikhail) and Eckhart
Drop Rate: +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%, +25%, +30%
Herb Drop Rate: +10%, +20%, +30%, +40%, +50%, +100%
Ore Drop Rate: +10%, +20%, +30%, +40%, +50%, +100%
Rare Equip Drops
Herb Drops: Marjoram, Lavender, Rosemary, Mandarin, Lemon Balm, Peppermint Flower, Jasmine, Tea Tree, Chamomile, Patchouli, Juniper Berry, Hyssop Flower
Ore Drops: Bronze, Steel, Mithril, Adamantium, Silver, Orihalcon, Gold, Lidium, Garnet, Amethyst, AquaMarine, Emerald, Opal, Sapphire, Topaz, Diamond, Black Crystal
Armor Drops: Warrior Lv.100, Warrior Lv.110, Magician Lv.100, Magician Lv.110, Bowman Lv.100, Bowman Lv.110, Thief Lv.100, Thief Lv.110, Pirate Lv.100, Pirate Lv.110
Weapon Drops: Lv.100, Lv.105, Necro Lv.120
Mission Added: Too lazy to name everything so there are "Shadow Monster" (Empress), "Unlocking Link #", and the rest are just minor quests tbh

Cores that are dropped by monsters are some of the rarer cores with some of the better modifications.
Cores are used once before they are destroyed.
Two cores of the same function will not work.
Cores don't take up inventory space
You cannot resell cores

Unique Cores (Different Shapes)

Unique Cores are cores that are shaped differently and require you to unlock the slot via a mission to insert them, you may get the mission from Vendor C-2.
Currently there are unique cores of
Party EXP (5%)
Monster Population (50%)
Drop Rate (20%)
Unlocking these slots
To unlock them, you must purchase the Cores "Mission Added - Evolution System" and "Mission Added - Accelerator"
The Evolution System missions unlock the regular shaped three locked ones.
The Accelerator unlocks the irregular shaped locked one.

Empress Shoulder & Bossing

You can get a variety of bosses from the Vendor C-2 and by looting them from inside your Evolution World.
Empress Cygnus drops the Empress Shoulder, you need 600 Coins to unlock her from Vendor C-2.
[s]Remember she is a one time use like every other core so I will suggest even if you are "pro" you bring along some friends because of the 30 minute time limit.[/s]
Empress isn't really that hard in the system. I still highly recommend bringing along someone because my friends have went in to solo (successful before) but have disconnected so that wasted 600 coins.
She can damage reflect and all so I also suggest Soul Stone, Final Feint, Heaven's Door or Resurrection handy.
She heals, but not all the time and most of the time not near 2 times
Minions have chances to drop any equip (except weapons, including capes)

Drops for Other Bosses

That are useful/important to note... -Bosses can be bought from the Vendor C-2, some may be farmed by looting-
Manon drops Manon Crys
Griffey can drop stuff for Hero's Will quest
Pianus drops Miniature Pianus'
Minions drop Empress equipment at low chances (pretty low without buffs/familiars)
Empress drops Empress Shoulders.

Unlocking Links

To unlock a link in your Evolution World (Links 6-9) you need the core.
You may buy the 'Mission Added - Link 6 Access Error' and 'Mission Added - Link 7 Access Error' from Vendor C-2.
You may also get every mission from drops, to unlock the link however, you need to insert the core, go in and complete the quest for the error.
You accept the quest and collect 50 Error

from monsters around the Evolving System (all)

Then you have to leave and go back in to actually get in to the Link.

Medal Evolution Master

Evolution Master
If you use 500 cores, invite party members 35 times, and have been other players' party member 35 times, you will be considered an Evolution Master.
Evolution Master: Medal - Required Level: 100, STR/DEX/INT/LUK +6, Weapon/Magic ATT +5