MapleStory Guide: Demon Slayer Guide
Comments: 160, Likes: 78
Comments: 160, Likes: 78
Contents• Who is the Demon Slayer
• Beginner Skills
• 1st Job Skills
• 1st Job Skill Build
• 2nd Job Skills
• 2nd Job Skill Build
• 3rd Job Skills
• 3rd Job Skill Build
• 4th Job SKills
• 4th Job Skill Build
• Hyper SKills
Credits to hyperklutz and glaicus for the banner
Apr 14 2013
Been updated for revamp and hyper skills and build has been included
Nov 30 2012
Was updated for tempest, will put Hyper skill info when Hyper skills are released
Aug 16 2012
Updated skill %s and builds to reflect changes made to Demon Slayers
Who is Demon Slayer ?
Demon Slayer is the new warrior resistance class. He uses 1 Handed Blunt Weapons(Maces) and 1 handed Axes, they can also use Scepters. Scepters are just basically Fast Blunt weapons; you get a scepter at regular intervals, level 10,30,50,70,120. They can be scrolled using Blunt weapon scrolls.
Instead of using Mana Points(MP), they use a new system called Demon Fury(DF). Demon Slayers attacks take up DF and HP. Some facts about DF:
• It cannot be increased when you level up.
• It is not restored every 10 seconds like MP(Until you get the Max Fury skill).
• You can not put Ability Points(AP) into it.
• No equips except the Fury Shield can increase Demon Fury.
• Your regular attack and your attacking skills allow you to recover Demon Fury when you attack mobs
You get a NEW Fury Shield every Job advance, you can NOT SCROLL them, but the lvl 120 fury shield, comes with potential , meaning you CAN Cube it. Also the shields Level Up, like reverse/timeless items, they gain stats with each level up.
Dexless - The recommended build, if you are a hard core player, and want your demon slayer to be perfect, this is the way to go, if you are poor and are not going to get Empress equips or Agares equips this is the build for you
Low Dex - If you are planning on getting empress equips or Agares equips but do not believe you will have enough dex with a base of 4 this is your build. Recommended not to go OVER 40 base Dex.
Regular Dex - Just NO, do not go regular Dex.
Description: Use your Devil wings to perform various jumping skills
Level 1: High Jump: Jump + up up
Jag Jump: Jump + right right or left left
Glide: Double Jump (press twice and maintain)
Curse of Fury
Level 1:Endless Fury Chance: 1%. Recovers 5% HP when Endless Fury is activated. Absorbs Fury from eliminated enemies.
Fury Unleash (Link Skill)
Level 1: +10% damage against bosses, +6 Fury absorbed
Level 2: +15% damage against bosses +10 Fury Absorbed
Level 1: +20 Level Willpower, +20 Level Ambition, 100% Chance to not get knocked-back
Devil Wings (mount)
Level 1: Speed 150, Jump:120
Level 1: Speed: 190, Jump: 120
1st Job Skills
Level 1: HP Cost: 15, Fury Cost: 2, Hold the skill's key and attack up to 8 monsters and deal 72% damage 3 times
Level 15: HP Cost: 15, Fury Cost: 2, Hold the skill's key and attack up to 8 monsters and deal 100% damage 3 times
Level 1: Accuracy +20, Speed +7, Jump +2
Level 10: Accuracy +200, Speed +25, Jump +20
Level 1: HP Cost: 194, Duration: 28 seconds, weapon speed increased 2 stages
Level 20: HP Cost: 80, Duration: 180 seconds, weapon speed increased 2 stages
Level 1: Max HP +3%
Level 10: Max HP +30%
Level 1: 1st, 2nd attacks: Attacks up to 6 enemies, Damage: 101% Number of attacks: 2
3rd attack: Attacks up to 6 enemies, Damage: 91%, Number of attacks: 3
4th attack: Attacks up to 6 enemies, Damage: 91%, Number of attacks: 4
Level 10: 1st, 2nd attacks: Attacks up to 6 enemies, Damage: 110% Number of attacks: 2
3rd attack: Attacks up to 6 enemies, Damage: 100%, Number of attacks: 3
4th attack: Attacks up to 6 enemies, Damage: 100%, Number of attacks: 4
First Job Skill Build
Summary: Demon Lash MAX, Battle Pact MAX, Shadow Swiftness MAX, HP Boost MAX, Grim Scythe MAX
• Level 10 Demon Slayers start out with 5 points instead of 1. So add 4 points into Demon Lash, your main attacking skill, and 1 into Grim Scythe for your 1-1 boss skill.
• We want to get 5 points into Battle Pact next because it boosts our attacking rate by 2 stages. Level 5 makes it last for 1 minute, which is good enough for now.
• We want to add some Speed and jump, Demon Slayers are the most Mobile Warrior class, so you want to get some of that mobility in as early as possible, makes training quicker.
• We finish Demon Lash and add points into Battle Pact to make it less annoying to rebuff.
• Max HP Boost next for more HP, or if you are bossing more (lol at lvl 23?) add the points first into Grim Scythe then you can max HP increase.
2nd Job Skills
Level 1: HP Cost: 45, Fury Cost: 3, Hold the skill's key and drag up to 8 enemies, Damage: 82%, Number of attacks: 4
Level 20: HP Cost: 45, Fury Cost: 3, Hold the skill's key and drag up to 8 enemies, Damage: 120%, Number of attacks: 5
Level 1:Fury Cost: 6, Rush attack up to 8 enemies, Damage: 96%, Number of attacks: 3
Level 20: Fury Cost: 6, Rush attack up to 8 enemies, Damage: 115%, Number of attacks: 3
Level 1: Fury Cost: 18, After moving you can attack up to 6 enemies and deal 215% damage, 54% chance to stun for 1 seconds
Level 8: Fury Cost: 18, After moving you can attack up to 6 enemies and deal 285% damage, 81% chance to stun for 3 seconds
Level 10: Fury Cost: 25, After moving you can attack up to 6 enemies and deal 305% damage, 90% chance to stun for 3 seconds
Level 1: HP Cost: 78, Duration: 72 seconds, 130% of the damage received will be dealt on the enemy, 36% chance to paralyze, lasts 1 second
Level 10: HP Cost: 150, Duration: 180 seconds, 400% of the damage received will be dealt on the enemy, 90% chance to paralyze the enemy for 5 seconds
Level 1: When a one-handed Blunt Weapon or one-handed Axe is equipped, +14 Mastery and + 12 Accuracy
Level 10: When a one-handed Blunt Weapon or one-handed Axe is equipped, +50 Mastery and +120 Accuracy
Level 1: STR +6, DEX +6
Level 5: STR +30, DEX +30
Level 1: ATT +2, Critical Rate +1%
Level 20: ATT +40, Critical Rate +20%
Level 1: Demon Lash's Damage +30%.
2nd Job Skill Build
Barbed Lash MAX
Soul Eater MAX
Weapon Mastery MAX
Physical Training MAX
Dark Thrust MAX
Chaos Lock 8/10
• First we add 1 point into every attacking skill you get, Soul Eater, Dark Thrust, Choas Lock.
• We add points to some important buffs like Outrage (Free 6 attack and 1% crit more for 1 SP) 1 point in Vengeance because at level 1 it lasts 72 seconds and reflects damage back done to you to the enemy, so free damage done to your enemies for taking damage, and IT CAN STUN THEM TOO at a 36% rate.
• You want to max Mastery ASAP, more stable damage=higher damage output in the long run.
• You add points to Outrage now, increasing your attack each point u put on it and crit chance for every point you put in it. So it is good skill to max 2nd.
• Max Physical training for MORE damage.
• At this point you will have moved onto ScareCrows or Jesters , or CDs
• Max Dark Thrust as it gives more damage and it makes moving around maps easier which is good at maps like CDs in Kerning Square
• If you are training at Chryse, which I recommend as area is not too crowded, by the time you finish you should be 56-58 so add points to soul eater.
• Max Vengeance For more damage reflection and stunning enemies at a good chance as well
• Afterwards we just dump the rest of our points into Chaos Lock, it sort of works like Evans Blink + teleport mastery, except this teleports you in front of an enemy and it damages them, and you can sort of control it with the arrow keys.(Not really an attack, its just for getting around to enemies quicker, so that's why we don't really max it.)
3rd Job Skills
Level 1: HP Cost: 300, Fury Cost: 40, Attacks up to 10 enemies, Damage: 162%, Number of attacks: 5, Critical Rate +2%
Level 20: HP Cost: 300, Fury Cost: 40, Attacks up to 10 enemies, Damage: 200%, Number of attacks: 5, Critical Rate +40%
Vortex of Doom
Level 1: Fury Cost: 18, Attacks up to 10 enemies, Damage: 152%, Number of attacks: 3, 52% chance to stun the enemy for 1 seconds
Level 20: Fury Cost: 18, Attacks up to 10 enemies, Damage: 190%, Number of attacks: 3, 90% chance to stun the enemy for 5 seconds
Level 1 :Fury Cost: 10, Attacks up to 8 enemies, Damage: 134%, Number of attacks: 5, Recovers 22% of your Max HP, Cool down: 14 seconds
Level 10: Fury Cost: 10, Attacks up to 8 enemies, Damage: 170%, Number of attacks: 5, Recovers 40% of your Max HP,(Does not need to hit enemies to recover HP, just using it will recover HP) Cooldown: 5 seconds
Level 1: HP Cost: 110, Duration: 72 seconds, DEF +10%, Resistance to states +6%, Elemental Resistance +6%
Level 10: HP Cost: 200, Duration: 180 seconds, DEF +100%, Resistance to states +60%, Elemental Resistance +60%
Level 1: HP Cost: 80, Fury Cost: 6, Hold the skill's key and attack up to 10 enemies, Damage: 117%, Number of attacks: 5, Enemies will be poisoned for 4 seconds and receive 97% damage every 1 sec
Level 20: HP Cost: 80, Fury Cost: 6, Hold the skill's key and attack up to 10 enemies, Damage: 155%, Number of attacks: 5, Enemies will be poisoned for 8 seconds and receive 135% damage every 1 sec
Insult to Injury
Level 1: Enemies with more than one state will receive 3% more damage, Critical Rate +0%
Level 10: Enemies with more than one state will receive 15% more damage, Critical Rate +15%
Level 1: Damage +6%, Attack Speed increased
Level 20: Damage +25%, Attack Speed increased
Level 1: 3% chance to guard when hit, if successful 1% of your Max HP and 0 Fury will be recovered
Level 10: 30% chance to guard when hit, if successful 3% of your Max HP and 5 Fury will be recovered
Level 1: Slash your demon forward and there will be a 15% chance of additionally Fury absorption, 2 Fury will be recovered every 4 seconds
Level 5: Slash your demon forward and there will be a 75% chance of additionally Fury absorption, 10 Fury will be recovered every 4 seconds
Demon Lash Arch
Level 1: Additional 70% damage to Demon Slash(Final Damage: 100%)
3rd Job Skill Build
84: 3 Possessed Aegis (7)
85: 3 Possessed Aegis (10)(MAX)
86: 3 Raven Storm (4)
87: 2 Raven Storm (7)
Demon Lash Arch MAX
Max Fury MAX
Carrion Breath MAX
Focus Fury MAX
Black-Hearted Strength MAX
Possessed Aegis MAX
Insult to Injury MAX
Raven Storm MAX
Vortex of Doom 19/20
You can choose to max either Death Draw over Judgment, or vice versa, just depends what you are comfortable with. I left it at 19 so that with the Leafre set it becomes level 20 each.
• 1 into Carrion Breath, our powerful new skill, deals a lot of damage, used into 4th job, and 1 into Judgment, an all right move, has good range, we add 1 into Vortex of Doom, to use with Dark Judgment and Demonic Breath.
• Next we add points into Raven Storm, it's our HP recovering move, to help reduce HP pots cost, we add 1 into Max Fury, and 1 into Concentration, adds 6% damage and +1 attack speed to ALL OUR ATTACKS.
• Then you max Max Fury because it lets you recover a lot more fury more quickly, so you can do this awesome attack combination, 1 Vortex of Doom, to pull the enemies towards you, Spam Carrion Breath (you can hold it down like soul eater), then if the enemy still alive with all fury that just accumulated from the Carrion Breath, Finish them with Judgment.
• You max Focused Fury for the boost to our range, which will improve the damage on all attacks.
• You then max Carrion breath, its really helpful in Netts pyramid pq if you are still doing that or if you are fighting monsters that don't die after your full basic attack.
• You max Insult to Injury next, so you can deal more damage with Carrion breath, and more critical as well
• You then add points to Black-Hearted Strength, it will help save on HP pots, because u will be taking less damage from monsters, also gives you resistance to being locked, stunned, blinded, seduced(WHICH IS IMPORTANT IN 4th JOB BOSSING)
• Then max Possessed Aegis for that 30% dodge chance and u recover force and hp when u do dodge, so that's a nice bonus. Your going to need this for LHC or MPQ
• Now you want to move on to your GOOD recover skill, so you add points to Raven Storm, you want to max it now as Leach Aura was nerfed, so It's a good way to restore hp, don't even need to hit the monsters to recover.
• Then dump the rest of the points into Death Draw then Judgment
4th Job Skills
Level 1: Additional 120% damage to demon lash (Final increase damage is 220%)
Level 1: HP Cost: 600, Fury Cost: 50, Damage: 255%, Max Monsters Hit: 10. Lifts enemies into the air and deals 5 critical attacks that deal 204% damage
Level 30: HP Cost: 600, Fury Cost: 50, Damage: 400%, Max Monsters Hit: 10. Lifts enemies into the air and deals 5 critical attacks that deal 320% damage
Level 1: Fury Cost: 10, Damage: 243%, Max Enemies Hit: 4, Number of Attacks: 6, Additional Critical Rate: 100%, Enemy Defense Ignored: 21%, Final Damage against Boss Monster: +1%
Level 30: Fury Cost: 10, Damage: 330%, Max Enemies Hit: 4, Number of Attacks: 6, Additional Critical Rate: 100%, Enemy Defense Ignored: 30%, Final Damage against Boss Monster: +30%
Level 1: HP Cost: 400, Fury Cost: 30, Attack Count: 6, Damage: 153%, Max Monsters Hit: 15. For 10 sec, Enemy Attack and Defense -5%, Accuracy -5%. EXP and item drop rate: +1%
Level 20: HP Cost: 400, Fury Cost: 30, Attack Count: 6, Damage: 210%, Max Monsters Hit: 15. For 15 sec, Enemy Attack and Defense -15%, Accuracy -15%. EXP and item drop rate: +20%
Level 1: Active: Fury Cost: 60, Damage: 415%, Max Monsters Hit: 15, Damage Over Time: 60% chance of causing 83% damage every 1 sec for 10 sec
Cooldown: 180 sec, Passive: Enemy DEF permanently ignored by 11%.
Level 20: Active: Fury Cost: 60, Damage: 700%, Max Monsters Hit: 15, Damage Over Time: 100% chance of causing 140% damage every 1 sec for 20 sec
Cooldown: 120 sec, Passive: Enemy DEF permanently ignored by 30%
Level 1: HP Cost: 300, Fury Cost: 40, Damage: 6% for 64 sec, Max HP Increase: 6%, Automatically attack nearby enemies to deal 105% damage
Cooldown: 32 sec
Level 30: HP Cost: 300, Fury Cost: 75, Damage: 35% for 180 sec, Max HP Increase: 20%, Automatically attack nearby enemies to deal 250% damage
Cooldown: 90 sec
Level 1: Fury Cost: 100, Use skills without consuming Fury, Duration: 20 sec, Cooldown: 460 sec
Level 15: Fury Cost: 100, Use skills without consuming Fury, Duration: 60 sec, Cooldown: 180 sec.
Level 1: Fury Cost: 30, 1% of damage returned to party members as HP for 72 sec, Cannot recover more than 50% HP 15 second interval between healing
Level 10: Fury Cost: 30, 3% of damage returned to party members as HP for 180 sec cannot recover more than 50% HP 15 second intervals between healing
Level 1: HP Cost: 150, All Stats: +1%, Duration: 30 sec
Level 30: HP Cost: 500, All Stats: +15%, Duration: 900 sec
Level 1: One Handed Blunt and Axe type weapon Mastery: +56%, Weapon ATT: +1, Minimum Critical Damage: +1%
Level 30: One Handed Blunt and Axe type weapon Mastery: +70%, Weapon ATT: +30, Minimum Critical Damage: +15%
Level 1: Permanently decreases damage taken by 5.5%
Level 30: Permanently decreases damage taken by 20%
4th Job Skill Build
Demon Thrash MAX
Infernal Concussion MAX
Demon Impact MAX
Demon Cry MAX
Binding Darkness MAX
Dark Metamorphosis MAX
Boundless Rage MAX
Leech Aura MAX
Maple Warrior MAX
Barricade Mastery MAX
Obsidian Skin MAX,
• 1 point into every skill
• We want to max Barricade Mastery first ,then we want to max Metamorphosis, once we got these 2 skills done, the DPS of all other attacks are almost at their max now without having to put points in it yet.
• We work on our main attack, Demon Impact.
• We work on Boundless Rage to increase our DPS and the usefulness of Demon Impact.
• We work on Binding Darkness to increase the usefulness of all our other attacks as well as increase DPS, works like Magic Crash and Threaten, prevents bosses from Buffing up/ Moving/Attacking for 20 seconds, also letting you ignore 30% monster DEF.
• We work on Demon Cry to increase the spoils we get from bossing, as well increase the experience we get while training.
• We work on Maple Warrior for a boost to our damage
• By the time u max maple warrior, for sure you training at Stronghold, so you want to take less damage, so we add points to Obsidian skin.
• We put the rest of the points to Infernal Concussion.
Passive Stat Boosts
Hyper Strength: +50 STR Lvl 140 Max Level: 1
Hyper Dexterity: +50 Dex Lvl 140 Max Level: 1
Hyper Intelligence: +50 INT Lvl 140 Max Level: 1
Hyper Luck: +50 LUK Lvl 140 Max Level: 1
Hyper Critical: +10 % Critical Rate Lvl 198 Max Level: 1
Hyper Accuracy: +15% Accuracy Lvl 158(most useless hyper ever) Max Level: 1
Hyper Health: +15% Health Lvl 192 Max Level: 1
Hyper Mana: +15% Mana (useless for demon slayers) Lvl 186 Max Level: 1
Hyper Fury: +50 Fury Lvl 180 Max Level: 1
Hyper Defense: +500 Defense Lvl 165
Hyper Magic Defense: +500 Magic Defense Lvl 174 Max Level: 1
Hyper Speed: +10 speed Lvl 152 Max Level: 1
Hyper Jump : + 10 jump Lvl 146 Max Level: 1
Passive Skill Boosts
Demonic Breath - Reinforce: Demonic Breath's damage is increased by 20%. Lvl 143
Demonic Breath - Bonus Attack: Demonic Breath's number of hits is increased by 1. Lvl 162
Demonic Breath - Reduce Force: Demonic Breath's Demon fury consumed is decreased by 50%. Lvl 183
Metamorphosis - Reduce Force: Metamorphosis's Demon Fury consumed is decreased by 50%. Lvl 189
Metamorphosis- Reinforce: Metamorphosis's damage is increased by 20%. Lvl 168
Metamorphosis- Enhance: Metamorphosis's passive damage will not trigger Damage Reflection. For the first 20% duration of Metamorphosis, all your attacks will ignore Damage Reflection. Lvl 149
Demon Impact - Reinforce: Demon Impact's damage is increased by 20%. Lvl 155
Demon Impact - Bonus Attack: Demon Impact's number of hits is increased by 1. Lvl 177
Demon Impact - Reduce Force: Demon Impact's Demon Fury consumed is decreased by 50%. Lvl 195
Blue Blood: Awaken the power contained in the demon bloodline, doubling your skills' number of hits (extra hits will only do 90% damage) for 60 seconds. Passive effect: increases your maximum damage by 200,000, and reduces the Fury consumed by all skills by 20%. There is a cooldown of 120 seconds. Lvl 150
Cerberus Chomp: A huge demon is summoned to steal the souls of up to 8 enemies in front of you, dealing 450% damage 6 times while ignoring 50% of the monsters' defense. On boss monsters, your damage is increased by 50%. After attacking, regain 50 Demon Force. There is a cooldown of 5 seconds. The maximum damage for this skill is 9,999,999. Lvl 170
Will of Liberty: The wish of the Resistance who dream of freedom and liberty in the Maple World becomes concrete, increasing your and Resistance in your party's damage by 10% and maximum damage by 50,000 for 60 seconds. There is a cooldown of 120 seconds. lvl 200
140: put 1 point in Hyper strength, Save a point in P
149: put 1 point in Metamorphosis- Enhance
150: Save 1 point in S, put 1 point in Blue Blood
160: Save 1 point in S, Put 1 point in Demon Impact- Reinforce
165: Put 1 point in Hyper Defense
170: Save 1 point in S, Put 1 point in Cerberus Chomp
180: Put 1 point in Hyper Fury, Put 1 point in Demon Impact - Bonus Attack
190: Save 1 point in S, Save 1 point In P
192: Put 1 point into Hyper Health
195: Put 1 point into Demon Impact- Reduce Force
198: Put 1 point into Hyper Critical
200: Put 1 point into Hyper Magical Defense, Put 1 point into Metamorphosis- Reinforce or Demonic Breath - Bonus Attack, and Put 1 point into Will of Liberty
Level 10 - 30
10 - 15: Just do the starter resistance quests with Elex
15 - 30: Rotting Skeletons in Haunted Mansion
15 - 30: Mixed Golem/Flaming Golems near Henesys
Level 30 - 70
30 - 40: Mushroom Kingdom Quests. ALL of them
30 - 50: CDs in Kerning Square
40-50: Kerning Square Quest Line ALL of them
51 - 60: Chryse Dungeon. ALL Quests.
60-70: Dimensional Crack PQ/ Ice Knights Curse PQ/ Netts pyramid PQ
60 - 70: Jesters in Haunted Mansion
60 - 70: Gallopera in Malaysia
Level 70 - 120
70-75: Dimensional Crack PQ
70 - 80: Scorpions/Sand Rats near Magatai
70 - 90: Jesters in Haunted Mansion
70-90: Roids/Neo Roids in (Mini dungeon, or the map the mini dungeon is in, or the map to the right of it) in Magatia
70-90: Gallopera in Malaysia
80 - 100: Mysterious Path 3 in Singapore
90-110: Aliens in NLC
90 - 100: Captain and Krus Mini Dungeon
100 - 110: Ghost Pirates in Ludibrum
105 - 120: Dual Ghost Pirates in Ludibrum
110 - 120: Master Death Teddy in Ludibrum
110 - 120 Crockys at Von Leon Castle
100 - 120: Romeo and Juliet PQ(GRIND on stage 4 until 7 mins),Orbis PQ, Forest of Poison Haze PQ, Pirate PQ
Level 120 - 200
117/122 - 200: Bear Wolves/Castle Golems/Blood Reindeer in Von Leon Castle
120 - 200: Kenta in Danger PQ/Escape PQ/Resurrection of the Hob King PQ/Dragon's Nest PQ
120 - 130: Papulatus twice a day in Ludibrum
120 - 130: Kacchu Musha in Ninja Castle
125 - 135: Female Boss in Showa
125 - 130: Blue Dragon Turtle in Leafre
125 - 130: Red Dragon Turtle in Leafre
125 - 135: Rexton in Leafre
125 - 135: Brexton in Leafre
140-200: Temple of Time (Furthest map you can go)
165 - 200: Official Knight B at Knight Stronghold in Henesys ruins
1st job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXduvSjD_ZY
2nd job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZAB6S5I2E
3rd job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvCQdph8bFE
3rd job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Gn52Uz32k
3rd job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynB2T_NS3g
4th job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxiOfLQ-WAU
4th job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3keLMmxCb5w
Shakar96 for skill names and % :o
legendairy for teaching me how to make it fancy
sorgarione for helping me with 4th job build
djp2313 for convincing me to write this guide
Nae for being a good wife and friend
Wubyou4ever for making fun of my guide ;p
Wish2LivLrg for being a good friend
All content on BasilMarket.com is Copyright 2005-2014 BasilMarket.com. Any use of BasilMarket.com content outside of BasilMarket.com is strictly forbidden.
Got any feedback?