If someone is harassing you what is the best option

Okay, so I was watching a TV show, and this guy was video taping a woman and her daughter (in public) and saying terrible things to them.
If she told him to stop, and he kept doing it, that would be harassment right?
Well, calling the cops would make the guy leave, and even if he was caught somehow AND if the police even cared, not much would be done, and it'd be hard to prove anything in the trial.

So, what can you do? Technically, it's against the law to physically harm someone when they're just harassing you verbally. But what would happen if you like knocked the camera out of his hand and then left the scene?
What if you just pushed him to the ground and left the scene.
How easy would it be to get caught doing something like that?
Would the cops care if he went to them?

I'm just trying to gauge what would be worth it.

December 28, 2016

10 Comments • Newest first


Because I'm thinking, that if that happened to me, well, I hardly ever get the opportunity to be aggressive at someone, so I'd do it then. If he doesn't know me (for example he is verbally assaulting me without the camera) then I'd push him or something and leave the scene. Just make myself threatening so he doesn't do anything else.

Reply December 29, 2016

Be boring.

Reply December 29, 2016

that's assault my dude. just ask the guy why he fakes his videos. if he's out there shoving cameras in peoples faces it's to get reactions. it may not help in the moment but the comments on his video will be a ****show

Reply December 29, 2016

You or people you don't know? If someone was harassing me, I'd just tell them I know fraddd. He's jacked with his grocer arms, it'd scare them right off.

Reply December 29, 2016

Video tape him too and expose him.

Reply December 28, 2016 - edited

Start to yodel obnoxiously while contorting your body in disturbing ways. Start talking to yourself like you belong in a psych ward. Tbh just act like a crazy af person. Or just start to barrel roll on the floor or something. Or ignore them. Or a combination of everything.

Reply December 28, 2016 - edited

You gently take out your gun and ask him to F off or you will shoot him.

Reply December 28, 2016 - edited

both are assault with the second one being destruction of property added on

Reply December 28, 2016 - edited

You're asking for legal advice on a forum about MapleStory. Seems like the right kind of place to find some qualified professionals to give you said advice on those scenarios. /s

But to answer your first question: perhaps, it depends on what's being said.
Pushing them to the ground would probably constitute a form of physical assault.
The rest would depend on the situation itself. Generally speaking, however, you probably don't want to be the one to engage physical harassment first as a counteraction to verbal harassment.

Reply December 28, 2016 - edited

Just be the better person and ignore him. You can attack him if he touches or spits saliva at you because it'll be considered assault and you're just defending yourself. However, you don't know who has concealed weapons these days, so it's best to avoid conflicts with others when possible unless you're very confident in your combat abilities and the risk of being shanked or shot multiple times means nothing to you like superman.

Reply December 28, 2016 - edited