@hualicious: I was in Root Abyss when that happened. A hacker was summoning a monster non-stop and kept teleporting all the people in the map (including me) in and out of Von Bon's room. I couldn't leave the map until the hacker stopped.
+1@leadin: Another option would be to:
- Alt+F4 the game
- "Task Manager" -> "Processes" Tab -> Right-Click on program you want to close on the list (in this case "MapleStory" ) -> "End task" / "End process"
- Force computer shutdown
That would be your best friend in this scenario.
EDIT: If you're being specifically targeted do the above then when you re-log in...
- Open up your buddy list
- On the top-right there should be "My Status [Online]"
- Click on the drop-down tab and click "Offline"
- Move to a different map, then continue playing the game
- Do NOT reveal what map you're in to anyone you do NOT trust