MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Battle Mage weapon question

MapleStory Forums : Battle Mage : Talk about the Battle Mage Class

Oct 14 10
KradiaGMS Battle Mage 4
phaiiophobe
how come people don't consider using the level 100 crimson arcanon or the level 120 reverse aeas hand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Kyn_Vz8_w
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2 3
Oct 19 10
Windia Blade Lord
GnawBIader
people prefer pyogo/dds over aeas because of speed. eg, in the video he was fighting griffey, those hits could be about 1.2x~1.3x faster
MapleStory Screen: Level 100, got dual blade mask
Oct 19 10
Windia Hunter
tocharan
ddsushi: Pyogo> than all other staffs cause of its speed (fast)
What about Elemental Staffs?
Oct 19 10
Broa White Knight
xViolentx
why do I hear all this talk about Staves for BMs
why not Wands?
is it because of range? wands would still be better seeing as they're a bit faster.
I wunder if EWs will be worth more now than ever, they're 'Fast' staves as well.
MapleStory Screen: Lvl 50 cleric survives zrun w/ 6 mg
Oct 20 10*
Windia Blade Master
Biades4hire
Kalemora: well elemental staffs might reduce ur dmg because BTLMs are "dark" element
noone has tested if they do, or do not yet since kms doesnt have ele staffs
@ above: all the BTLM skills correspond to staffs and cannot be used with wands (ex. they have Staff Booster, Staff Mastery etc.)
MapleStory Screen: Imnot4hire and starspixel level 200 ab! MapleStory Video: How to czak 101
Oct 20 10
Windia Hunter
tocharan
ddsushi: Kalemora: well elemental staffs might reduce ur dmg because BTLMs are "dark" element
noone has tested if they do, or do not yet since kms doesnt have ele staffs
@ above: all the BTLM skills correspond to staffs and cannot be used with wands (ex. they have Staff Booster, Staff Mastery etc.)
It's been tested in GMS that Elemental Weapons don't reduce Dark based damage.
Oct 20 10
Bellocan Battle Mage 3
Refractedd
Zayus: why do I hear all this talk about Staves for BMs
why not Wands?
is it because of range? wands would still be better seeing as they're a bit faster.
I wunder if EWs will be worth more now than ever, they're 'Fast' staves as well.
Cause they can only use staffs. They're attacks and buffs don't work with wands.
Kalemora: What about Elemental Staffs?
Elemental staffs would be fine if youre reg luk, or have a lot of luk equips that can get you through. the level 163 ele staff is your best bet for damage.
Oct 20 10
Broa Shade 4
StarCestus
Zayus: why do I hear all this talk about Staves for BMs
why not Wands?

Battle mages use staves not wands
Oct 20 10
Scania Evan 10th Growth
NightFury360
Zayus
BM's skills can only be performed by staves and EWs might rise in price a bit, although nowadays people tend to pass level 65 extremely fast.
I personally prefer staff anyway, they look and seem better fit for any type of mages . (explains why I still use a kage at 105, couldn't update basil)

ddsushi
It can be tested if haven't on GMS, you're forgetting Evan's also have the dark element.

I don't think ele staves should reduce the dark element. If you think about it, evan's use the fire ele weapons and they have several dark element based skills as well such as Dark Fog, Imprint, Killer Wings. It would have to impact those skills and thus impact the decision to using ele weapons. Though this would be inaccurate since evans mainly use fire based attacks to train and might not notice any difference in dark skills.
Oct 20 10
Windia Hunter
tocharan
krishy: Elemental staffs would be fine if youre reg luk, or have a lot of luk equips that can get you through. the level 163 ele staff is your best bet for damage.
I was asking because he seemingly forgot that Elemental Staffs are Fast speed as well. Thanks anyhow, I guess.
Also, getting 105 Luck for a 103 Staff isn't that hard with potential and common equips like Zakum Helmets, etc.
Oct 20 10
Bellocan Battle Mage 3
Refractedd
Kalemora: Most people ive talked to capped at around 30~60. and yes, its easily obtainable for the 103 staff but kind of hard if youre low luk w/o funding or a lot of potential equips for luk to get the level 163 staff, also we just dont know if after BB the dark element will be effected by the elemental reduction.
PAGE 1 2 3

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login