bzl.co

Add a thread

Why do asians eat chicken feet?

Chat Forum Talk about topics not related to MapleStory

It's so nasty and wrinkly, eewww, how do you eat that stuff man.
Posted: January 2011 Permalink
TwitterFacebook Replies: 93

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fade2BlacK Level 70 Bera I/L Mage
Cultural relativism.
That's why.
Jan 03 2011
Well....if you eat it the way we do, you might not think that way. It is just between different cultures, open up your mind.
Also chicken feet can go with soup...making it soft....So its not "crunchy nasty ewwie" like you say it is
Like i said it is different between poeple from different places and where they grew up. Ok?
Jan 03 2011
RiceBreak Level 200 Windia Shadower
@Horizon: So you've never had anything with skin? And it really matters after it's been wash, cleaned, and cooked? What a BS excuse.
Jan 03 2011
Gnawliryc Level 75 Windia Battle Mage 3
Bacon doesn't use skin that's why im not bothered by it. Again with the burgers. Chicken feet is mainly skin so it has contact with bacteria and such. That's why it bothers me.[/quote]

oh yeah, thats true. hmm.
it doesnt really matter too much though. ive been eating them since i was like 3 or 4 and i havent gotten sick from them once. i HAVE gotten sick from chicken wings, but im just assuming that was from restaurant hygeine issues.
Jan 03 2011
New Screen: Level 100, got dual blade mask
OK, there are a multitude of reasons why we eat chicken feet
1)It tastes good
2)Its a delicacy
3)Its cheap
4)We don't like to waste stuff
Jeez, asking us this is like asking why Americans eat spam, but dumber.
Jan 03 2011
@Horizon: So you've never had anything with skin? And it really matters after it's been wash, cleaned, and cooked? What a BS excuse.[/quote]

Oh believe me I have. But not skin that's used to walk around especially in unsanitary confinements . Yes, pigs and other livestock may have had contact with feces with their skin, but since there so high in demand they tend to be cleaner. How often do you have pig's feet for dinner?

I've lived in the Philippines where I've eating grilled chicken intestine with soysauce, so dont you dare talk to me about what is BS and what isn't.
Jan 03 2011
New Screen: Another day at the farm
ew chicken feet.
I like duck's tongue better
Jan 03 2011
Eh, white people.
Jan 03 2011
Oh believe me I have. But not skin that's used to walk around especially in unsanitary confinements . Yes, pigs and other livestock may have had contact with feces with their skin, but since there so high in demand they tend to be cleaner. How often do you have pig's feet for dinner?

I've lived in the Philippines where I've eaten grilled chicken intestine with soysauce, so dont you dare talk to me about what is BS and what isn't.[/quote]

You realize that chicken wings are basically the same concept as chicken feet. Also, chicken feet are produced locally, and trust me, they do care whether the chicken feet are sanitary or not. And don't try to BS me because I have lived in china for years and seen with my own two eyes what it's like there.
Jan 03 2011
Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.