MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Jan 24 11
Bera Outlaw
LusciousTear
Recently I finally decided to come back to MS to try BB out with some friends, but my internet is pure crap, worst download speed IMO. It took about 5 hours just for MS to reach 700MB, then it randomly stops (ALWAYS AT 700MB) and I don't know what to do. Before you ask, yes, I have enough space on my computer for MS. But it just randomly stops downloading, my internet will still work, but MS will just stop for no reason. How can I get it to download faster? Or just not randomly stop? Help please!
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2
Jan 24 11
Bellocan Bow Master
GraciousRain
I am no computer genius but I can recommend using CCleaner and Defraggler. Those programs will get rid of your crap and stuff. Possibly try Game Booster? Idk, those should just speed your computer a little
MapleStory Screen: Bellocan fianlly does it
Jan 24 11
Bera Outlaw
LusciousTear
overflame95: I am no computer genius but I can recommend using CCleaner and Defraggler. Those programs will get rid of your crap and stuff. Possibly try Game Booster? Idk, those should just speed your computer a little

I use CCleaner lol. But I've never heard of Defraggler, so I might try that out. Thanks for the help. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Jan 24 11
Bera Dark Knight
Riolat
Better Connection
Jan 24 11*
Bera Outlaw
LusciousTear
shadow1049: Better Connection

death to your heart. My family isn't going to just switch internet companies just so I can download MS..
Jan 24 11*
Scania Fighter
iGawn
Start>Programs>Accessesorys>System Tools> Disk Defragment...Start it let it run ..if its your first time its gonna take 3 hours or so to finish..Let it go all the way..
Jan 24 11
Bera Ranger
CrittAcclaim
download the offline installer. But thats at .03k/bs per second. Dude, you gotta check your stuff in the internet. Thats too slow.
Jan 24 11
Scania Bishop
SMACKyoBISH
Defragging won't do much, to be honest. You should just use CCleaner, then reboot. After that run the MS installer as an administrator, and if you could - have no windows open. I'd run it as an admin and let it go overnight.
Jan 24 11
Scania Sniper
DemHands
Make sure you have no peer to peer programs like Utorrent/limewire/frostwire open. Cancel all current downloads and end all unneccesary procees by pressing CTRL ALT DEL.

Defrag your HDD through the disk defreger on the control pannel.

Make sure nobody else is using your wifi/internet connection. You'd be suprised how easy this is...
MapleStory Screen: Realized this while training...
Jan 24 11
Bellocan Blade Recruit
heyputa
overflame95: I am no computer genius but I can recommend using CCleaner and Defraggler. Those programs will get rid of your crap and stuff. Possibly try Game Booster? Idk, those should just speed your computer a little

He lies. He's the LAST person you'd want to listen to.
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login