• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Feb 10 11
Scania Shadower
Shad4TehWin
Not sure if this is the right section but is it possible to put maple on a flashdrive? if so how much space would I need on it?
Replies
PAGE 1 2 3
Feb 10 11
Windia Marksman
xxxadaaddxxx
get a 8gb FlashDrive i tried to store it on 4 GB it didnt even hold 1/2 of the files
New MapleStory Screen: Wow 1111
Feb 10 11
Bera Mercedes 3
idkjay
Oh this might work
Feb 10 11
Khaini Night Lord
iihopfences
Everyone here is wrong x__X.
You have to install maplestory on the flash drive. Copy and pasting will not work. You load it up using the game-launcher.exe
Feb 10 11
Bera Paladin
Netham
bryanlatorre: Everyone here is wrong x__X.
You have to install maplestory on the flash drive. Copy and pasting will not work. You load it up using the game-launcher.exe

Care to explain why my external hard drive AND flash drive BOTH have it on it, working?
New MapleStory Screen: Big enough party?
Feb 10 11
ScarletAzure: maplestory is like 2.4gb approximately so if you have a 4gb+ flashdrive is fine. The only problem is that you have to download the last patch for some reason, it definitely is faster than downloading the whole game, but good luck.
wow nexon says u need u need 6 gigs on ur computer for it but the folder with everything in it is only 2.48 gigs
New MapleStory Screen: I got me a jaira
Feb 10 11
Broa Night Lord
D13tCh3353
yes it works, i do it all the time to update my laptop, i update my desktop then transfer the files on the USB to the laptop cuz it updates slowly and you can also play directly from the flashdrive itself
New MapleStory Screen: Beastly dit
Feb 10 11
Broa Phantom 4
CaIlMeV
If copying the WHOLE Maplestory file doesn't work.

Do this:
Go to website, click download, it asks where to save, click browse and find your flashdrive. It will then save the launcher/downloader. Run that, and then when that asks you where to save the actual file, click browse again and find your flash drive once more. It should download all of the file into it.

Good luck
New MapleStory Screen: It Ends Where It Began
Feb 10 11
Scania Blade Recruit
OfftheWaIls
i did that but it messed up my keyboard.
New MapleStory Screen: Defeated dojo for the first time New MapleStory Video: Noob Hero Vs Zakum
Feb 11 11*
Windia F/P Arch Mage
FantomeFlame
RjHoomps: Care to explain why my external hard drive AND flash drive BOTH have it on it, working?
Copying and pasting the C:/Nexon/Maplestory folder to a flash drive or external hard drive USED TO work for everyone.

Since the last several patches however, Hackshield has started putting the location of the Maplestory.exe executable files in the Registry. That means if you move the files somewhere else, and try to start the game it will run up until the point where HackShield updates and then DIE when it tries to find the game at the old location.

Some people say it still works for them, and I don't have a good explanation for why that would be. If you still have Maplestory installed on the C: drive in the original location, it's possible the game is actually running from the C: drive, even if you have all the files on a different drive and start it up from the flash or external hard drive.

Other than that, I don't know why copy and paste works for some people, but not for others.

If you INSTALL the game to the external hard drive or flash drive, THEN it works, no problem.
Feb 11 11
ElNido Wild Hunter 3
RuisuDono
trirulz97: wow nexon says u need u need 6 gigs on ur computer for it but the folder with everything in it is only 2.48 gigs

Everything that i said i have tried. i have a flash drive of 4gb and i have the full folder there. i dont know why would they say that.
PAGE 1 2 3

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One