• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Comments
Wait, so, Freud was the Only Evan?
MapleStory Forums : Evan : Talk about the Evan Mage class
Dec 31 11
Khaini Hermit
Lubbilubb
I always thought that there was an entire civilization of human dragon masters, and that Freud and Afrien were something similar to the "leaders" of that civilization.

Somebody enlighten me.
Replies
PAGE 1 2 3
Dec 31 11
Scania Dark Knight
nindow
if the dragon is still frozen, does that mean that he will get unfrozen later too creating a dragon class or something?
Dec 31 11
Bellocan Evan 10th Growth
iccirrus
no. in the evan questline you unfreeze afrien, and he claims that since he has been there so long, the life on the island relies on his being there, so he wont leave the island
Dec 31 11
Galicia Mercedes 4
UnicornsGirl
So there's a whole race of dragons that NEED a master, but there's only one master?
Dec 31 11
Bellocan Evan 10th Growth
iccirrus
nonono, only one person became a master because they were the only compatible pair it seems
Dec 31 11
Arcania Buccaneer
Denryuujin
Freud wasn't an Evan. He was a Dragon Master, and before that a regular magician. Evan is the name of his reincarnation (I believe this is the truth because they coincidentally look so much alike) who also found Afrien's (King of Onyx Dragon and Freud's Spirit Partner) only dragon egg Mir and created the second Spirit Pact.
Dec 31 11
Khaini Evan 10th Growth
Draco8671
I believe if there was no Black Mage, there would be an entire new order of Magicians, the Dragon Masters.

But since the Black Mage wiped out all the other Onyx Dragons, there would be no chance of another Spirit Pact.
Until Mir came along...
Dec 31 11
Scania Evan 10th Growth
NightFury360
Freud wasn't the 'only' dragon tamer, it's just that he was technically the leader since his dragon was the king of onyx dragons (Afrien). I forgot where I read it but the storyline was said that the black mage eliminated the entire race of onyx dragons because they refused to ally with him.

Hideykun Afrien* is stuck on the island lol. Freud the human :]

LazyGiant Evan isn't his reincarnation, just his successor. Mir is Afrien's child, the egg was hidden in a forest in which Evan found it and formed the spirit pact.

A level 200 Evan will receive the Hero's Successor medal which is really referring to Freud's Successor.
Dec 31 11
Broa Cannoneer 4
XcutionMode
I think it goes like this :

Freud was like the leader of Pacts I guess cause him and Afrien were the last ones remaining. And he was one of the Legends. So Freud died and Afrien got trapped in ice. From what I know, Freud and Evan are NOT blood related. But Mir is Afrien's son/daughter/child. So basically Evan just happened to stumble across the Legend's dragon's child and made a pact of his own.
Dec 31 11
Bellocan Priest
DRiFT3R007
IIzeroII: Yay for inheritance parallels!
So, Freud(Eragon I) was the first Dragon Master(Dragon Rider)
Eventually, down the line some mage mad with power overthrows the order(Galby)
Then, hundreds of years later, a farm boy named Evan(Eragon) finds a dragon egg who hatches into the dragon named Mir(Sapphira).
Oh, did I mention that theres an elf involved too! Arya= Mercedes

This only further enforces my theory that the Nexon story writers based their classes off of Christopher Paolini's masterpiece. Evan is exactly like Eragon (Farmboy-turned-Dragon Rider) and Arya is like Mercedes (Female elf of noble lineage). Mir is also a blue dragon, just like Saphira. Also, the Black Mage is very similar to Galbatorix, as you have stated.

OT: Evan is just the successor of the head of the Dragon "Tamers" since the old one presumably died.
Dec 31 11
Scania Mercedes 4
CallMeFrosty
dsharma93: This only further enforces my theory that the Nexon story writers based their classes off of Christopher Paolini's masterpiece. Evan is exactly like Eragon (Farmboy-turned-Dragon Rider) and Arya is like Mercedes (Female elf of noble lineage). Mir is also a blue dragon, just like Saphira. Also, the Black Mage is very similar to Galbatorix, as you have stated.

OT: Evan is just the successor of the head of the Dragon "Tamers" since the old one presumably died.

It's been pretty obvious for awhile. I noticed it and facepalmed Nexon the moment I made an Evan during the event lol.
New MapleStory Video: Pap Solo
PAGE 1 2 3

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One