• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Dec 31 11
Bera Shadower
MrTouchnGo
So I'm playing on a laptop with a maximum screen resolution of 1366x768.

Whenever I switch Maple to fullscreen, I get this fugly horizontal stretching.

I also can't play 1024x768 (windowed mode), because the window won't even fit properly on my screen.

Does anyone know how, if possible, to change the settings so instead of Maple snapping to the screen width, it'll leave bars on the side?

Thanks in advance!
New MapleStory Screen: Mrtouchngo's disapproval face
Replies
PAGE 1 2 3
Dec 31 11
Windia Thunder Breaker 3
aPass
I'm not sure what to do then sorry I couldn't help good luck on your issue.
Dec 31 11
Bera Aran 3
Teessue
You're right. Batman doesn't buy computers with weird resolutions.
Google will solve the problem though!
Dec 31 11
Bera Shadower
MrTouchnGo
irockudontz: I'm not sure what to do then sorry I couldn't help good luck on your issue.

Alright, well, thanks for your help anyways! =p

teessue: You're right. Batman doesn't buy computers with weird resolutions.
Google will solve the problem though!

Couldn't find an answer :s
Dec 31 11
having the same problem.. hopefully someone knows how to fix it ><
Dec 31 11*
Bera Shadower
Ksidirt
MrTouchNGo, The maximum screen resolution on your computer can not be changed because it is HW (HardWare). You'll have to play window 800x600 due to MapleStory's lack of resolution options for the best looking graphics.

Edit: Try right clicking your 'Taskbar' at the bottom of your screen and setting it to 'Auto-hide' from "Properties" that should give you some extra playing space.
New MapleStory Screen: Golden snail account New MapleStory Video: Lets Play MapleStory
Dec 31 11
Bera Shadower
MrTouchnGo
ksidirt: The maximum screen resolution on your computer can not be changed because it is HW (HardWare). You'll have to play window 800x600 due to MapleStory's lack of resolution options for the best looking graphics.

Edit: Try right clicking your 'Taskbar' at the bottom of your screen and setting it to 'Auto-hide' from "Properties" that should give you some extra playing space.

I already tried that, but it still hides a little on the bottom (picky me, but I'll probably be doing that if I can't find any other solutions).

I know it's possible, because my friend plays with black bars on the side of her screen instead of having it fit to screen, but that's her default, so she has no idea how to do it. :x
Dec 31 11
Bera Evan 10th Growth
Erag0n1
control panel
appearance and personalization
adjust screen resolution
then you take it from there =)
New MapleStory Screen: Miracle Time 3/8/14 at Nexon HQ New MapleStory Video: Let's Make Mesos Part 1
Dec 31 11
Bera Shadower
Ksidirt
MrTouchnGo: I already tried that, but it still hides a little on the bottom (picky me, but I'll probably be doing that if I can't find any other solutions).

I know it's possible, because my friend plays with black bars on the side of her screen instead of having it fit to screen, but that's her default, so she has no idea how to do it. :x

Mine does that too. Its because our screen resolutions are higher than what maple can support so it fills in the extra space with black bars.
New MapleStory Screen: Golden snail account New MapleStory Video: Lets Play MapleStory
Dec 31 11
Windia Cannoneer 2
tehcanonneer
Press Esc > Click System Options > 2nd Row > Change to 800x600 > CLick ok at the bottom
Dec 31 11*
Mardia Cannoneer 2
ix3FmMule
(Vista) Start>Control Panel>Personalize>Display Settings>Under resolution drag right for higher resolution and right for lower resolution.

Making your resolution higher (dragging the bar right) makes the items on your monitor small and making the resolution lower (dragging the bar left) makes them bigger and more blurry.

Also some monitors can only take so much of a high resolution and depending on what cord you are using to connect your monitor will limit how high you can go.
PAGE 1 2 3

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One