MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Replies

Guide to Set Reliant Skill Build Post-Mutiny

MapleStory Forums : Corsair : Talk about the Gunslinger, Outlaw and Corsair classes

Aug 06 12
Scania Aran 4
Frighten
Here's a little build I thought of that I'm going to use so I get maxed skills throughout the whole thing revamp. There isn't much use for it except for Blackboot bill, which only increases some %. Otherwise, it's still nice to know that every skill you use are being used at the highest %. It's also nice to know you're utilizing your set and Codex to it's fullest potential. ^__^

I call it the Set Reliant Skill Build.

This build is not for the poor.

Requirements:
5-6 set empress
Leafre set on Codex

With the empress set you get +2 all skills and it stacks with the Leafre +1 all skills. This build is similar to the Paladin's CO reliant builds. I didn't add a level per level guide because I'd assume the only people reading this are funded enough to afford empress and is experienced enough to have the Leafre codex. You should know at this point of the game which skills go where at what level.

Without further ado:

First job

Bullet Time (7)
Sommersault Kick (17)
Double Shot (20)
Dash (7)
Shadow Heart (10)

Second Job

Mastery (20)
Rapid Blast (17)
Booster (19)
Wings (5)
Recoil Shot (20)
Infinity Blast (10)
Pirate Training (10)
Triple Fire (20)

Third Job

Roll Of The Dice (20)
Blunderbuster (17)
Cross Cut Blast (20)
Blackboot Bill (17)
All Aboard (20)
Outlaw's Code (20)
Full Metal Jacket (20)
Octo-Cannon (17)

Fourth Job

Maple Warrior (30)
Rapid Fire (30)
Hero's Will (4)
Nautilus Strike (27)
Pirate's Revenge (10)
Double Down (5)
Parrotargetting (20)
Brain Scrambler (27)
Eight-Legs Easton (30)
Jolly Ranger (20)
Ahoy Mateys (10)
Majestic Presence (30)

You don't get the advantages of this build till 140. Alternatively, you can just use this build for the 3rd job where it's most useful.

Cheers mates, thanks for reading. Feedback would be nice!
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2
Aug 06 12*
Windia Angelic Buster 4
PinkDelusion
Max Hero's will instead? And screw SSK, maxed Dash and Bullet time are WAY more useful. I'll post something a little more specific in a bit. I'm lazy.
And I can't believe I didn't read the first sentence x.x I'd still not waste my time with snipe, though. It's a thoroughly useless skill. There's no real point in the +2 empress skill past lvl 175~ anyway. Everything good is maxed by then.
Aug 06 12*
Scania Aran 4
Frighten
fruitfulness Empress set and Codex don't add past max. E.g. can't get 32 RF from Empress set.
KamikazeDes It gets maxed at 140 anyway. Also I'm assuming at this level of funding you should have max speed and jump just from empress, rings, badges, etc. You also get passive boost from bullet time rendering dash even more useless.
Aug 06 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
Zakaerys
Fallenist: fruitfulness Empress set and Codex don't add past max. E.g. can't get 32 RF from Empress set.
KamikazeDes It gets maxed at 140 anyway. Also I'm assuming at this level of funding you should have max speed and jump just from empress, rings, badges, etc. You also get passive boost from bullet time rendering dash even more useless.

And with this level of funding, we could be hitting max with rapid fire + Fullisade, making our ultimate and snipe useless.
Aug 06 12*
Scania Aran 4
Frighten
Improvement I'm surprised you decided to attack the 4th job build instead of the 1st job. We max everything except Brainscrambler in the generic Post-Mutiny build. Those two skills are useless no matter the level, but that's not the point of this build. You aren't sacrificing anything with this build provided you meet the requirements. And this level of funding can range start from around 25k range, so no this level of funding shouldn't go anywhere near max if he/she meet bare minimum requirements.
Aug 06 12*
Bera Evan 10th Growth
Zakaerys
Fallenist: Improvement I'm surprised you decided to attack the 4th job build instead of the 1st job. We max everything except Brainscrambler in the generic Post-Mutiny build. Those two skills are useless no matter the level, but that's not the point of this build. You aren't sacrificing anything with this build provided you meet the requirements. And this level of funding can range start from around 25k range, so no this level of funding shouldn't go anywhere near max if he/she meet bare minimum requirements.

The reason I don't like this is because Sairs don't really gain anything from maxing every skill. If it were something like F/P's where you can gain extra DoT by having every skill maxed, then by all means. But this just seems to make the process of SP really awkward. If you just want to max everything important earlier, then why wouldn't you include other sources of + All skills Like hat potential/nebulites and Decent CO (for third job) and whatnot.
Aug 06 12*
Scania Aran 4
Frighten
Improvement That would be impractical. Very few pirates have decent CO/All skills +1 potentialled to their gear and even fewer keep that line of potential. Furthermore, most funded sairs already have full set empress and Leafre codex. That is the group of people I am aiming this build towards. Maxing all skills is just a cherry on top for having the sets. If this build isn't your cup of tea then don't use it. I already stated in the original post that there isn't much use for the build except for Blackfoot bill.
Aug 06 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
Zakaerys
Fallenist: You put in bold "This build is not for the poor." That's a very vague intended audience. >.> I guess what it boils down to is I think you're trying to fix what isn't broken.
Aug 06 12
Scania Aran 4
Frighten
Improvement I honestly put that there because I know most of the Basil sairs are barely hitting 20k range, if at all. I don't want them to use my build if they cannot meet the requirements. I'm also not trying to fix anything, but improving what already exists. The only thing that needed rectifying was Blackfoot bill because it'll still be useful during 4th and we won't have it maxed. It's not a big deal since it still works the same but its an Improvement over the generic build.
Aug 06 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
Zakaerys
Fallenist: It sounds like an improvement on paper, but in practice I that little %damage increase will not let you kill the monsters any faster. It's such a minimal increase on a skill that's not used for damage in the first place. I don't see maxing it worth gimping your levels under 140 following an entire build dedicated to it
PAGE 1 2

Register / login
You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login