bzl.co

Add a thread

Windows 8 and v124

Updates, Patches, Tech Forum Talk about MS Updates, patches, tech

bonz Level 161 Scania Corsair
Thought I'd make a thread so people still experiencing problems with the LATEST patch and Windows 8 can all troubleshoot together.

Try 1: I completely uninstalled everything and deleted my nexon folder and clicked PLAY on website and it downloaded/installed v124, but yet when launching from the website and gamelauncher/shortcut it gave me the same error I had been running into previously. (However, my maplestory popped up in the right hand corner of my screen and black cipher did it's updates as well, so that's a good sign. After that I was given an error and it just crashed)

Try 2: I heard that someone who had v123 installed used the manual patch and it is working fine so I re-installed v123 and then tried to patch via the website/gamelauncher and I was given the same error as before.

Try 3: I'm re-installing v123 and then going to use the manual patch. I just did the manual patch and it's still not launching via GameLauncher, Maplestory.exe, AND the website. So, I'm all out of ideas...

Try 4: I installed Steam and Maple is running flawlessly on Windows 8.

Anybody have any success yet?
Posted: December 2012 Permalink
TwitterFacebook Replies: 56

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm currently running the manual patch, but it seems to be stuck on character.wz
How are you launching the game? Via website or gamelauncher?
Dec 05 2012
I'm currently running the manual patch, but it seems to be stuck on character.wz
How are you launching the game? Via website or gamelauncher?[/quote]

Game Launcher
Dec 05 2012
Game Launcher[/quote]

I just did the manual patch and it's not working from the Maplestore.exe, or GameLauncher...
Any help?
Dec 05 2012
I tried patching after downloading v123 when it came out, it didnt work.
I just now failed the patch they normally run, so since 123 didnt work I'm just going
to download v121 again (which I did last patch) and hope it patches correctly (like last time)[/quote]

How do you download v121?
Dec 05 2012
Momijii Level 165 Khaini Legend
How do you download v121?[/quote]
You can try to find it on AtomicGamer. And by try, I mean to say that it is on AtomicGamer.
Dec 05 2012
nekked Level 124 Scania Night Lord
Maple runs for me on my laptop. Did a manual patch and had no problems. Maybe try messing with the compatibility mode?
Dec 05 2012
You can try to find it on AtomicGamer. And by try, I mean to say that it is on AtomicGamer.[/quote]

After I download that, should I manual patch or try the auto patch? If I manual patch should I download the manual patch from website, or use the one that is in my Nexon folder?
Dec 05 2012
Page TopHome 1 2 3 4 5 6

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.