MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
Dec 05 12
Scania Corsair
RumOnDeck
Thought I'd make a thread so people still experiencing problems with the LATEST patch and Windows 8 can all troubleshoot together.

Try 1: I completely uninstalled everything and deleted my nexon folder and clicked PLAY on website and it downloaded/installed v124, but yet when launching from the website and gamelauncher/shortcut it gave me the same error I had been running into previously. (However, my maplestory popped up in the right hand corner of my screen and black cipher did it's updates as well, so that's a good sign. After that I was given an error and it just crashed)

Try 2: I heard that someone who had v123 installed used the manual patch and it is working fine so I re-installed v123 and then tried to patch via the website/gamelauncher and I was given the same error as before.

Try 3: I'm re-installing v123 and then going to use the manual patch. I just did the manual patch and it's still not launching via GameLauncher, Maplestory.exe, AND the website. So, I'm all out of ideas...

Try 4: I installed Steam and Maple is running flawlessly on Windows 8.

Anybody have any success yet?
Share this page Twitter Facebook
New thread Replies
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dec 05 12
Scania Mercedes 4
benz209
I did the Manuel patch and it fixed everything. Up and running smoothly no lag at all. Yay finally Maple works on Windows 8
MapleStory Screen: Smack to death by a bunny
Dec 05 12*
Scania Corsair
RumOnDeck
I'm currently running the manual patch, but it seems to be stuck on character.wz
How are you launching the game? Via website or gamelauncher?
Dec 05 12
Scania Mercedes 4
benz209
bonz: I'm currently running the manual patch, but it seems to be stuck on character.wz
How are you launching the game? Via website or gamelauncher?

Game Launcher
MapleStory Screen: Smack to death by a bunny
Dec 05 12
Scania Corsair
RumOnDeck
xxxxx209: Game Launcher

I just did the manual patch and it's not working from the Maplestore.exe, or GameLauncher...
Any help?
Dec 05 12
Bera Evan 10th Growth
Erag0n1
I tried patching after downloading v123 when it came out, it didnt work.
I just now failed the patch they normally run, so since 123 didnt work I'm just going
to download v121 again (which I did last patch) and hope it patches correctly (like last time)
MapleStory Screen: Saddle up and grab your chairs MapleStory Video: Maplecraft sneak peak 1 Maple Story: Killed zakum on a 136 BM with potless gear that ex...
Dec 05 12
Scania Corsair
RumOnDeck
Erag0n1: I tried patching after downloading v123 when it came out, it didnt work.
I just now failed the patch they normally run, so since 123 didnt work I'm just going
to download v121 again (which I did last patch) and hope it patches correctly (like last time)

How do you download v121?
Dec 05 12
Khaini Night Lord
Rhiez
bonz: How do you download v121?
You can try to find it on AtomicGamer. And by try, I mean to say that it is on AtomicGamer.
Dec 05 12
Galicia Hero
BlackAce765
The recent patch makes maple Windows 8 compatible...I don't know if the fix is a bust or not, but go for it.
http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=61567
MapleStory Screen: The almighty chinchillin chair
Dec 05 12
Scania Night Lord
Freshest
Maple runs for me on my laptop. Did a manual patch and had no problems. Maybe try messing with the compatibility mode?
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6

Register / login

You must be a member to reply or post. signup or login