bzl.co

Add a thread

The Meso Cap?

General MapleStory Forum Talk about MapleStory in general

The fundamental reason for a cap is to set things into boundaries, however, with Maplestory members sell items above the meso cap. Does Nexon not question this? It is WAY too late to increase the value of the meso, so the only thing left to do is raise the meso cap. How do you feel about how worthless the meso has become?
Posted: December 2012 Permalink
TwitterFacebook Replies: 16

Replies

Page TopHome 1 2
razormana Level 111 Zenith Marauder
The players are the people who decide how much an item is worth in mesos, nexon cant change that. Even with a higher cap people will still sell for over the cap.
Dec 20 2012
Hayden7777777 Level 136 Nova Hero
i would rather be able to actually buy things from the fm that are worth over max mesos instead of having to offer the person
Dec 20 2012
Miauri Level 210 Khaini Buccaneer
It is not possible to raise the meso cap. Here's why.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2147483647[/quote]It's very possible to raise the meso cap. Empress in KMS have 210 billion HP.
32 bit integer =/= a 32 bit game.
Dec 20 2012
fmonglobal Level 221 Zenith Aran 4
Wait I'm so confused. After reading the article, what's so special about 2,147,483,647? Is it the largest prime number? I doubt it.

EDIT: This is slightly off-topic, but how did they find out the largest prime number known to mankind? Just advanced computering?
Dec 20 2012
They could give any numbers even if it's a 32 bit game, the code of the game could be change from small int (2^31) to a new number variable, they could put 0 to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 using a ulong.
Dec 20 2012
NickC11 Level 133 Windia Bow Master
Wait I'm so confused. After reading the article, what's so special about 2,147,483,647? Is it the largest prime number? I doubt it.

EDIT: This is slightly off-topic, but how did they find out the largest prime number known to mankind? Just advanced computering?[/quote]

Reading this comment made me sick.
Dec 20 2012
off-topic: It is not the largest prime number known to man, it's just the largest number a INT-32 data value can store. (2^32 - 1) Mesos and monster HP have been coded in this value for a long time and apparently they worked around it for monster HP, only mesos would be a lot more difficult.

and yeah, large prime numbers are found using super-computers, don't know how they do it though.

on-topic: They probably won't change it for a while, to raise the cap everybodies 'mesos-data' need to be converted to a new data-type. Hello glitches.
Dec 20 2012
Page TopHome 1 2

Become a member

Signup or login to join the conversation.