• Auction
MapleStory guides, forums, screens, videos, auctions and new friends await! Signup or login
May 13 08
ultamo360: 5/12/18

I've decided to quit Basil, since its not really proven to be worth sticking around anymore.
I give you permission to re-do my whole guide....edit my guide all you want and you can put a header saying that you had permission to redo the whole guide as your own.

I am re-posting this guide to continue Ultamo360's fine work. Please remember that I give full credits to Ultamo360 for this, excluding any additions or changes that I may place.

Legal Stuff

This is for those people who cannot read.
Ultamo360: If you choose to plagiarize this guide without my consent, we will have problems. You can count on that. I will check up on this guide often. If I see a guide that's same wording as mine and isn't credited, you're in trouble.

Last Updated: 6/5/08
Fixed/Added all the builds
Debating whether to split the PQ in a separate section by themselves.

If you want to look ahead, or if you're a DK, look here for what you might need.----->Xelstyle's Dragon Knight Guide

Introduction

Originally, this guide was created by Ultamo360.
I have now taken over the responsibility of updating this guide.
I hope that anybody, and everybody who reads this will learn something new.

Some things that you might want to remember is:

1) PAs are superior to Spears in the 2nd job, since these weapons have a 3:2 ratio of slashing to stabbing.
2) Naturally, PAs deal more damage when they slash and less when they stab.
3) Spears are the complete opposite; dealing more damage when stabbing, and less when slashing.

Table Of Contents

In this guide, you will find the following:

Introduction to Spearmans
Abbreviations
Pure PoleArm build
Pure Spear build
Hybrid build
Hybrid 1.5 build
Training places
Low Dex Spearmans
Dexless Spearmans
What pots to buy?
Cape Comparison
Speed or STR?
Att Pills/ Pots
Motivational Videos
Useful Links
FAQ
Legal stuff
Credits
Where to contact me?

Introduction To Spearmans

Congratulations! You are now a Spearman. You will have more MP then Fighters and Pages. You will struggle between to get FA or not? Don't worry. I am here to help. Also notice that you will be wanted by clerics to train with. As you have HB. Which will extend your HP and MP by 60% when maxed.. So If you get bored, why not ask your cleric friends or ask a random cleric to train with you? Training with other people is ALWAYS fun.

With that being said, you'll need to learn to some key abbreviations that you will encounter throughout your playing career.

Abbreviations

In this guide, I have used Abbreviations to make it easier. If you don't understand what they mean, check here:

SB- Slash Blash
PS- Power Strike
FA- Final attack
HB- Hyper Body
zHelm- Zakum helmet
PA- PoleArm
Acc- Accuracy
Dex- Dexterity
Cap- Stopping the increase in a specific stat.
Ic2- Icarus 2
DK-3rd job for a Spearman

Pure Polearm build

If you choose to go Polearm first, this would be your main build.
Final Attack before HB
30~36 + 19 OPA Mastery
37~38 +6 PA Booster
39~49 + 30 FA
50~ + 3 Iron Will [Total 3]
51~61 + 30 HB
62~67 + 14 PA Booster [Total 20] There should be about 7 SP left.
68~70 + anything that you would like to.*

Pure Spear build

If you choose to go Spear first, this would be your main build.
Final Attack before HB
30~36 + 19 Spear Mastery
37~38 +6 Spear Booster
39~49 + 30 FA
50~ + 3 Iron Will [Total 3]
51~61 + 30 HB
62~67 + 14 Spear Booster [Total 20] There should be about 7 SP left.
68~70 + anything that you would like to.*

Hyper Body First

This build is those who love to PQ and want to get into parties often.
Simply add the Mastery/Booster/FA points into your weapon of choice.
30~36 + 19 Mastery
37~38 + 6 Booster
39~ + 3 Iron Will
40~49 + 30 Hyper Body
50~55 + 14 Booster, 1 FA [ See notice below]
56~ 66 + 30 FA
67~70+ Anything you'd like to max*

NOTICE: THE REASON I HAVE PUT A NOTICE UP THERE IS BECAUSE OF FA. DO NOT PUT 1 POINT OF FA INTO IT. IT WILL MESS WITH YOUR NORMAL ATTACKS. YOU SHOULD NOT PUT UP ANY POINT OF FA UNTIL YOU HAVE SAVED UP AT LEAST 15 POINTS INTO IT.

Hybrid Build

Needless to say, this is the one that majority of people favor the most. First choose what you want to max first, PA mastery or Spear mastery? Once you have chosen, simply plug in your first weapon as (a) and your second one as (b)

30~36 + 19 (a) Mastery
37~38 + 6 (a) Booster
39~ + 3 Iron Will
40~49 + 30 Hyper Body
50~ 55 + 14 (a) Booster, 1 (a) Mastery
55~60 + 18 (b) Mastery
61~67 + 20 (b) Booster, 1 (b) Mastery
68~ + 1 (b) Mastery, 2 Leftover
69~70 + Anything you'd like to max*

NOTICE: IF YOU ARE TAKING THIS BUILD, THEN YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT GOING TO MAX FA. THE REASON IS, IF YOU DID, YOUR BUILD WOULD BE COMPLETELY MESSED UP. AS YOU HAVE TO TAKE ONE OF THE VITAL SKILLS TO BE A HYBRID OUT. SO BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE CHOOSING THIS BUILD.

Hybrid 1.5 build.

Level 30~36 + 19 Pole Arm Mastery(19)
Level 37~38 + 6 Pole Arm Booster(6)
Level 39~48 + 30 Final Attack Pole Arm(30)
Level 49 +3 Iron Will(3)
Level 50~59 +30 Hyper Body(30)
Level 60~61 +4 Pole Arm Booster(10), 2 SP remaining. Put them into Spear Mastery(2).
Level 62~67 +17 Spear Mastery(19), 1 SP Remaining. Put it into Spear Booster(1).
Level 68~70 + 9 Spear Booster(10)

Description: This allows you to use Crusher and fury at the same time as a DK while simultaneously still having FA during the 2nd job, at the price of booster.

Training places

Regardless of what build you took, your training places will be similar. They won't be far different from each other.
These spots are also widely shared by other classes, so make sure to be nice!

Levels 30-40

Congratulations on Spearman! Here are the places you can go to:

Evil Eyes

Description: Best EXP and good mobbing here. You could get about 50%/h here. Though, be aware of those Jr boogies. They are annoying. Other then that, this place is certainly recommended.

Wild Boars ---->Land of the Wild Boars

Description: Good EXP. But not as good as those Evil eyes. If you don't want to bother with the Jr boogies, just go to the top, and hit that rock. Poof There goes all those Jr. Boogies. An alternative is go to Wild Boars II map. That map only has Stumps, Dark Stumps, and a bunch of Wild boars. Hello heaven!

Teddies, Pink Teddies---->Sky Terrace II

Description: This place is recommended only if you're level 36+! These little midgets have 950HP, and 1050 HP respectively. I trained here at this level and got about 30-50%/h! What are you waiting for? GO!

Wooden Masks, Stone Masks---->Excavation Site III

Description: This place is just great, even if you're not a Spearman yet. There lots of mobs for you to kill, and great drops that will help you make a lot of money. Beware of passing-by Guild PQers; they might KS your mobs.

Monster Carnival---->Accessible in Kerning, Orbis, and Ludi

Description: The closest thing to a PvP on Maple! Basically, you go in teams of 2-6 against another party, and kill monsters for Carnival Points! You can also pick up points as drops, and use those points to summon monsters or special buffs against your party! When you turn Lvl. 30, CHAAAARGEE TO MCPQ!

Jr.Cellions, Jr.Lioners, Jr.Grupins----> Garden of Red, Yellow and Blue I respectively

Description: The map before the individual gardens are good too. This is because there is a good place to mob, and you don't have to worry about mages bothering you! You should get 20%/h. The best place to find drops though would be Jr. Grupins.
This should probably be a last option if you don't like any of the above.
You might burn pots here, but if you sell the etc. items in a shop, it should help cover the costs.

Levels 40-50

Yay for Level 40! Now you're wanted in parties more than ever!

Ludi PQ---->Eos Tower 101

Description: This is the best EXP IF you can get in often. Unfortunately, not many people LPQ anymore.

Jr.Cellions, Jr.Lioners, Jr.Grupins----> Garden of Red, Yellow and Blue I respectively

Description: The map before the individual gardens are good too. This is because there is a good place to mob, and you don't have to worry about mages bothering you! You should get 20%/h. The best place to find drops though would be Jr. Grupins.

Block Golems, King Block Golems---->Eos Tower 8

Description: Ah, Golems. This is recommended only for 47+! This is good for money, and EXP too. You can find some sweet equips here including your level 50 equips! Here's how the spawn works:

1) The top platform controls the middle platform of 3+ Golems which constantly spawn.
2) The 2 golems in the middle are generally there; they don't slow the spawn that much, but you still need to kill them!
3) The bottom platform needs to be cleared as soon as 2 Golems spawn at the top one.

Straw Target Dummies---->Beginner Field

Description: Yay. These were personally my favorite monsters to train on when I was in the 5x. Great map too. Completely flat, and never ending spawn. Don't mob...these guys are too slow. Try to bunch them up if you can; eliminate them 1 by 1 if you can't. If you want to share/party in this map, use the yellow flag in the middle as boundary. Party with thieves if you can. You'll love the haste.
Might be a little tough for the 4x.

Levels 50-60

Congrats on 50! Half way to the centennial mark!

Description: Yay. These were personally my favorite monsters to train on when I was in the 5x. Great map too. Completely flat, and never ending spawn. Don't mob...these guys are too slow. Try to bunch them up if you can; eliminate them 1 by 1 if you can't. If you want to share/party in this map, use the yellow flag in the middle as boundary. Party with thieves if you can. You'll love the haste. Gets a lot easier once you're in the 5x.

Jr Yetis---->Watch out for Icy Patch I(?)

Description: Good for levels 50-60. You can make some serious money here if you're lucky! Which can still sell for 1.5m+ There are decent spawns of the bottom and the top. Also, beware! Some Yetis might grow to be their daddies! A.K.A the big Yeti that has 12k HP and can drop your redemption.

Orbis Rush PQ/ Orbis Boss PQ---->Orbis

Descriptionescription: Oh yeah! PQ! Orbis Rush PQ still gets you good EXP per PQ. If you do Sealed, Lobby, you can get about 1-2.5%/ PQ. Note: If you are going to do Orbis Rush PQ, don't smuggle. There are still some pathetic people still trying to get to 70 the easy way. If you do this, I am not responsible for you getting banned, losing motivation, getting broke, etc... Always try to do it fairly!

Boss PQ on the other hand, takes a lot longer, but gives more EXP. How do you get more EXP here? Easy. You do more stages, and you get to kill Papa pixie himself! Note: If you want your EXP stabilized, do not go into bonus once Papa Pixie has been killed! If you go into bonus, the EXP you get from RPQ will be decreased! This is what I do, and I highly recommend it.

Block Golems, King Block Golems---->Eos Tower 8

Description: Ah, Golems. This is recommended only for 47+! This is good for money, and EXP too. You can find some sweet equips here including your level 50 equips! Here's how the spawn works:

1) The top platform controls the middle platform of 3+ Golems which constantly spawn.
2) The 2 golems in the middle are generally there; they don't slow the spawn that much, but you still need to kill them!
3) The bottom platform needs to be cleared as soon as 2 Golems spawn at the top one.

Gryphons

Description: Very good EXP. Low HP and 210 EXP. The small setback is the Map layout. You have to jump to get some mobs, and this place is like the 2nd FoG. It's close to NLC too. This map will be technically challenging at first, but if you learn to work the map properly, the benefits are amazing. Might be a bit of a pot burner at 5x.

Ludi Maze PQ ---->Ludibrium

Description: Once you Lvl up to 51, MPQ ALL THE WAY. No other source of training Without a 2x card/event will be equivilent for the next 5 levels. Can prove to be worth it if you have a 2x Drop card. The EXP you get here is at random. Whether the Tauromacis drop coupons or not. If you don't know how to, follow this.----->Hidden-street's MPQ Guide
It's a great manual on how to Maze PQ.

Levels 60-70

You're almost there. Just 10 more hard levels and your hard work will pay off.

Description: Yay. These were personally my favorite monsters to train on when I was in the 5x. Great map too. Completely flat, and never ending spawn. Don't mob...these guys are too slow. Try to bunch them up if you can; eliminate them 1 by 1 if you can't. If you want to share/party in this map, use the yellow flag in the middle as boundary. Party with thieves if you can. You'll love the haste. You should be cutting through these guys like cheese now.

Zombies---->Forest of Dead I-IV

Description: Zombies are ideal and the easiest place to nab right now. They are very boring, but can prove to be profitable. Zombie teeth are about 400-500 in FM. (Prices vary on your server.) If you're getting less then 10%/h without 2x EXP, then leave. That is a sign that Zombies are bad.
Since Zombie maps were changed quite dramatically, the only good ones to train at are Forest of Dead III and IV.
Training with a Cleric here is a extremely great choice.

Water Goblins- Kappas---->Vanished Village

Description: This is a very good place to train. With 7.1k HP and 220 EXP without 2x EXP, this is probably a good place for you. There's a chance of getting some nice scrolls. The small setback, is the Foxes. Those are so annoying. You might want to buy some All-cures because they in fact, still have that curse attacks that can reduce your EXP. Now, who wants their EXP reduced? Not me! To get good EXP here, use the Wraith-lure tactic. That simply means that you mob left to right, then backwards.
Note: Do not go to the next map! When you die, you hear that little voice at the back of your head? Yeah, that's me saying:I told you so...

Gryphons

Description: Very good EXP. Low HP and 210 EXP. The small setback is the Map layout. You have to jump to get some mobs, and this place is like the 2nd FoG. It's close to NLC too. This map will be technically challenging at first, but if you learn to work the map properly, the benefits are amazing.

Buffies & Lazy Buffies

Description: With 7400 HP and 230 EXP ( Buffy) and 9400 HP and 260 EXP ( Lazy Buffies), this may work out for you. This is how the spawn works for me when I trained here. The spawn goes in a Clockwise direction. So that's how you kill them. Also, this is the kind of map that you want more people in, but not too crowded. Have people get to a specific Platforms and you're ready to go!

Orbis Rush PQ/ Orbis Boss PQ ---->Orbis

Description: Oh yeah! PQ! Orbis Rush PQ still gets you good EXP per PQ. If you do Sealed, Lobby, you can get about 1-2.5%/ PQ. Note: If you are going to do Orbis Rush PQ, don't smuggle. There are still some pathetic people still trying to get to 70 the easy way. If you do this, I am not responsible for you getting banned, losing motivation, getting broke, etc... Always try to do it fairly!

Boss PQ on the other hand, takes a lot longer, but gives more EXP. How do you get more EXP here? Easy. You do more stages, and you get to kill Papa pixie himself! Note: If you want your EXP stabilized, do not go into bonus once Papa Pixie has been killed! If you go into bonus, the EXP you get from RPQ will be decreased! This is what I do, and I highly recommend it.

Ludi Maze PQ ---->Ludibrium

Description: It is a lot slower than it was before; however, it's still a great source of money, and chances are that you will get into a party more often. Can prove to be worth it if you have a 2x Drop card. The EXP you get here is at random. Whether the Tauromacis drop coupons or not. If you don't know how to, follow this.----->Hidden-street's MPQ Guide
It's a great manual on how to Maze PQ.

FoG---->Forest of Golems

Description: It can break you, or make you. It can prove to be pot burning, OR it can prove to be profitable. It's not as crowded as it used to be, but still a lot of people here. Try to get the bottom or the 2nd to last platform. These get you the most EXP. Warning: People may KS you here. This is the fastest route to go if you don't mind about pot burning.

Low dex Spearmans

Out of experience, this takes up a lot of mesos. If you only have around 20-40M funding, this won't be enough. You could buy some Acc/ Dex equips, but not enough to necessarily be a good Low dex. Stick to normal dex if you don't have the mesos necessary.
Note: If you have more then 60 Dex, YOU ARE NOT a low dex. Low dex means around 5-50 Dex, and possibly, you can cap it once you buy a zHelm.

Dexless Spearmans

Senyain:
"Dexless can be a worthwhile build if you have a certain level of funding. However, this is not always the case. When you have certain amounts of money to spend on your equips, sometimes it's better to go normal dex or low dex and use the money saved from not having to buy as many dex equips on weapon attack instead. As a general rule, 200M in dex equips are roughly what's needed to go dexless by level 90, and another 200M in weapon attack outdamages normal dex. So basically, if you can reach 400M or more in funding for your equips, dexless is probably for you; if you think this is unrealistic, just go low to normal dex."

Capping Dex

Capping your dex is a phrase used to describe how high your dex should be.
To achieve maximum potential, it's generally best to have your dex as low as possible, while simultaneously hitting monsters 100% of the time.
The choice of how low you should cap your dex will be directly linked to your funding, merchanting ability and general assets.
The choice of how high Though an unusual thing to say. you should cap your dex entirely depends on your choice. It's not recommended, but it does relieve some of the pressure to hit a monster 100% of the time.

What pots to buy?

Follow this list:

HP Pots
100-1500: White pots===>Any Potion Shop- You could get unagis, but that will be unecessary. The things you'll train on won't cause you that much havoc.
1500-4800: Barbarian Elixers===>NLC-They heal 1.5K HP for 1.5k meso. 1.5k for 1.5K mesos each is 1:1 ratio.
4667+: Honsters===>NLC-They heal 60% of your HP for only 2.8K Meso. Swith over as soon you have 4667 HP or higher.

MP Pots

100-300: Blue Pots===>Any Potion Shop. Anything higher will be a little excessive.
300-500: Waffles===>NLC-These will be your friend from now on. Some might ask why not Mana Elixers. The reason is Waffles will provide an extra 300 HP with the 300 MP. Also, they cost less than Mana Elixers.
500-600: Grilled Cheese===>NLC-They're basically the same as Waffles, except they are a bit stronger. Plus, there is some extra Def for you.

Speed or STR?

Anything not in the following list of hats are not recommended. Also, from personal experience, some has said that STR is better,and some say SPEED is better. Which one is right? Which one is the Warriors' greatest weakness? Speed or STR? Obviously Speed. So, if you had to make a decision let's say between.....11 STR Ic2 and a 13 STR goblin cape, choose the Ic2. 2 STR won't make much difference since you have a MASSIVE amount of it. The following is the only hats that you should ever wear:

Pink bandana
Blue bandana
Bone Helm
Brown bandana
zHelm
Blue/ Green Bamboo hat.
Any level 80+ Warrior helms if you don't have anything better.
Level 70 Maple Hat (If you have it)
Level 60+ Pirate Hats from PPQ.

Att Pills/ Pots

For those of you that buys Att pills/ Pots, here are some att pots that you might be interested in:

Warrior Pill--Location [Ludi]

Note: This is the default att pots for some people. +5 att for 10 minutes. Fairly cheap.

Takoyaki--Location [Zipangu]

Note: This is the second Att pill that most uses. It's not cheap, it's not expensive either. It's so and so. +8 att

Cider--Location [Showa]

Note: This is strongest Att pot you can get readily; however, there are a lot of problems with this.
For 1K, you get 20+Att for 5 minutes, but you also get -5 Acc as well.
The main problem is that they are not stackable; meaning that it takes up 1 slot per Cider.

Warrior Elixirs--Location [NLC]

Note: This is the most expensive Att pot there is. +12. These are 5k each. Making 200=1M. Only buy these if you have a lot of spare money, or if you don't plan on having Dragon Blood in 3rd job.

Motivational Videos

Spearman Videos:

Level 61 Spearman Fun

Level 65 Spearman Fun

Dragon Knight Videos:

Level 118 DK

10X Low dex DK

Dark Knight Videos:

Here

Berserk

Useful Links

Warrior damage Calculator

Accuracy Calculator

FAQ

Q: Which is better? Spear or PA in second job?
A: PA. This is because there is a slash:stab ratio of 3:2. Meaning on average, you'll slash 3 times, every 5 times you attack. Of course, you could end up slashing 30 times in a row, or stabbing 50 times in a row.

Q: When should I buy a zHelm?
A: When you have the mesos. Of course, you can buy it 50-60 since you have a lot of HP without HB. Warriors are

1 survivers during a Zrun when hugging the wall. You could always choose to wait it out, and earn one yourself.

Q: How come you said these helms are the only ones you should buy?
A: Because they are the helms in the game that will help you the most. They also have a good amount in a specific stat that will be quite benficial.

Q: Should I scroll a 9D, or a Skylar?
A: If you don't like a Slow weapon, choose to scroll a Blood Board instead. Scrolling a 9D is not worth it, hard to sell. A blood board sadly has a low amount though. So choose to your liking.

Q: If I train with a cleric, do I choose the place, or do they?
A: If you are friends, then you could tell them to try going your place. Chances are, their suggestion will be better. If you're both confused though, PM me.

Q: You keep mentioning Kappas, what are they?
A: Water Goblins.

Legal Stuff

Ultamo360: If you choose to plagiarize this guide without my consent, we will have problems. You can count on that. I will check up on this guide often. If I see a guide that's same wording as mine and isn't credited, you're in trouble.

Once again, please do not copy this guide for the sake of stupidity.
If you want something to do, go outside; it's a very "magical" world.

Where to Contact me..

You may leave a post here, on my Dragon Knight guide or PM me here.------>PM Xelstyle
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Archived Thread
This thread has been archived. Replying is no longer possible.
MapleStory
MapleStory 2
Mobile Games
Art, Anime & Manga
L.o.L., Minecraft, Pokemon, +
Nexon
Sony PS3 & PS4
Xbox 360 & One